[ROM][5/6/2011] Virtuous Fusion :: Gingerbread Sense 3.0/3D (v1.0.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Virtuous-2.1.png

Fusion

Welcome to our latest creation, Virtuous Fusion. It is the first fully functional, properly scaled Sense 3.0 ROM for the G2/DZ. Before going any further, it is important to note that Fusion is a different product than base Virtuous. The "Fusion" ROM will exist until Sense 3.0 has natively become available on our devices, if ever. Virtuous proper will continue to be updated and maintained as it always has been, following official HTC releases.

Fusion was made possible by the amazing work of Flemmard and Diamondback, who reverse engineered the m10 format and built an encoder/decoder. The two of them also made the specific adjustments necessary to this particular ROM's applications. It was also a collaborative effort across the DHD and G2/DZ communities. Cappychimp and I worked closely throughout the entire process, with support from numerous others. Thank you to everyone involved.

Screenshots

fusion1.png
fusion2.png
fusion3.png

Features

• Fully functional and properly scaled Sense 3.0.

• Based on components from Sniper911's leaks of Rider (1.27.1010.0), Kingdom (0.81.651.0) and DZ Sense GB 2.30.405.1.

• All device hardware should be fully functional, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Deodexed (as leaked) and zipaligned.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

• Massive APNS list.

Installation

1. You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).

2. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

3. Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

4. Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. The lengthy first boot time is due to the dexopts process and installation of /data/apps. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.

5. After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.

Known Issues

• There are some remaining graphical glitches. Most of them are minor but feel free to report them.

• Landscape mode does not work for Rosie, even with the keyboard extended.

• Non-HTC widgets function but are not scaled perfectly; they may appear small and offset to the left. HTC provides plenty of awesome widgets, so I suggest using those.

Credit and Acknowledgements

Thank you to the following people for their help putting this ROM together: Flemmard, Diamondback, Cappychimp, eViL D:, siulimagic, rafyvitto, 911Sniper and all the testers who subjected their devices to test builds in order to provide essential feedback.

Disclaimer

As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.

Download ROM Here (340MB)
(MD5: 356380f8efcc7a993d3dd4c06c5574b7)

Download Virtuous Sense GB Kernel
(MD5: b3bfab04efde24c03cf1f298d26b4b7b)

Donations are always welcome and greatly appreciated. Remember to hit the "Thanks" button.

Last edited:

DanWilson

Oct 8, 2010
Glasgow
I hate you. All the work I've been doing on a Kingdom port to then get Sense 3.0 on the DZ, then you hit out with this?

Well done bro. I'm still working on my port though. I hate stealing work. Well. Major work. Like a ROM. Other things are cool. And if they're given to me. Thats cool.

Although if you could upload a simple Kingdom port without the other stuff... I keep getting boot loops on the splash screen. XD

Reactions: lainemac

stoned99

Aug 14, 2010
Wow! Great news! Can't wait to try it. Hope you fix the landscape soon as this is going to be a perfect rom. wow! Can't wait

Reactions: spetke

zainqaiser

Apr 24, 2010
Atlanta, GA
OMG.....Awesome....i have been eagerly waiting for it since i read your tweet yesterday..... Man i must say u r really awesome.....thanks for giving us g2/dz owners so many awesome goodies :) ...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

beachletter

Oct 28, 2010
Exactly what I'm looking for, plus a good overclocking GB kernel and there's nothing more I could ever ask.

bigmoew

Jul 4, 2010
You're amazing, RMK. Great job in advance.

P.S. I don't think landscape is coming soon, if my info is correct; DZ/G2 are the only holders of landscape rosie due to the keyboard and since HTC is bluffing on Sense 3 on our devices, there's pretty much no such thing as landscape Sense 3...other than the Flyer.

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
Thanks and congratulations are most fitting for such a great job done.

I will now dive into my bed, hoping to find rom uploaded.

Cheers!

C

Cimer

I love the look of it so much, I almost hate you for the wait =p Good Job rmk for all of your hard work!

How's the launcher? Is it slow some times?

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Yep, just waiting on an upload now. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of immediate demand for this ROM so I didn't want to host it on my own server until the initial rush settles down. ;)

blackchad

Oct 23, 2010
please to be releasing this before i have to get ready/leave for work in an hour. pretty please. i love you man you rock

C

Cimer

Yep, just waiting on an upload now. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of immediate demand for this ROM so I didn't want to host it on my own server until the initial rush settles down. ;)

Alright, lets race to see who can flash it first =p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Virtuous-2.1.png

Fusion

Welcome to our latest creation, Virtuous Fusion. It is the first fully functional, properly scaled Sense 3.0 ROM for the G2/DZ. Before going any further, it is important to note that Fusion is a different product than base Virtuous. The "Fusion" ROM will exist until Sense 3.0 has natively become available on our devices, if ever. Virtuous proper will continue to be updated and maintained as it always has been, following official HTC releases.

Fusion was made possible by the amazing work of Flemmard and Diamondback, who reverse engineered the m10 format and built an encoder/decoder. The two of them also made the specific adjustments necessary to this particular ROM's applications. It was also a collaborative effort across the DHD and G2/DZ communities. Cappychimp and I worked closely throughout the entire process, with support from numerous others. Thank you to everyone involved.

Screenshots

fusion1.png
    fusion2.png
    fusion3.png

Features

• Fully functional and properly scaled Sense 3.0.

• Based on components from Sniper911's leaks of Rider (1.27.1010.0), Kingdom (0.81.651.0) and DZ Sense GB 2.30.405.1.

• All device hardware should be fully functional, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Deodexed (as leaked) and zipaligned.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

• Massive APNS list.

Installation

1. You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).

2. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

3. Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

4. Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. The lengthy first boot time is due to the dexopts process and installation of /data/apps. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.

5. After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.

Known Issues

• There are some remaining graphical glitches. Most of them are minor but feel free to report them.

• Landscape mode does not work for Rosie, even with the keyboard extended.

• Non-HTC widgets function but are not scaled perfectly; they may appear small and offset to the left. HTC provides plenty of awesome widgets, so I suggest using those.

Credit and Acknowledgements

Thank you to the following people for their help putting this ROM together: Flemmard, Diamondback, Cappychimp, eViL D:, siulimagic, rafyvitto, 911Sniper and all the testers who subjected their devices to test builds in order to provide essential feedback.

Disclaimer

As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.

Download ROM Here (340MB)
    (MD5: 356380f8efcc7a993d3dd4c06c5574b7)

Download Virtuous Sense GB Kernel
    (MD5: b3bfab04efde24c03cf1f298d26b4b7b)

Donations are always welcome and greatly appreciated. Remember to hit the "Thanks" button.
    Reserved for future use.
    Also reserved for future use.
    I'm jealous because the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Rom is getting update every few days and i have been waiting for the G2 update for more than one month

The difference is we've focused our efforts on building a brand new ROM from a release base (Pyramid), rather than continuing to evolve the current Kingdom/Rider base which originates from a test build.

The new ROM will be arriving in ~12 hours. It'll have a new name and most certainly will have been worth the wait. Only two devices will get this ROM, the Vision (DZ/G2) and DHD. Both are being managed as official builds within the project. The jealousy will shift soon.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    * * * U P D A T E D * * *

ok guys... I've gone through the thread and put together all the known fixes that are available and put them into a flashable zip... I have also included Rsotbiemrptson's fix for voice command, this may fix the skype issues as well (someone needs to test) I have already tested that voice search, and voice to text does work... so should fix skype issues as well I would think...

thanks to Rsotbiemrptson for the voice command fix (given to me by eViL D:), this was the one that bothered me most... YOSEFE and others for the other fixes that seem to work... looking into a calender fix, will update if I get that figured out...

if I forgot something that has been mentioned please PM me and I will add it...

Fixes:
    1) mailwidget fix
    2) calendar widget fix
    3) people/contacts widget fix
    4) FMRadio fix
    5) Camera fix
    6) Voice Command fix and possible skype...etc... fix?

here you go:
    [->DOWNLOAD<-]

see attachement if you used any of the previous fixes already: (just puts Mail and Calendar apks back to fusion originals)