[Q] root problem - 8.4.6

Search This thread

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Did you extract all the files somewhere or just run the runme.bat inside the zip? Because it sounds like you are missing the files included in the zip. You have to extract the files from the zip for it to work. If that's not the case then feel free to post back I will attempt to assist, but it will be a few hours before I can get back on.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

highrizer23

Dec 30, 2013
Did you extract all the files somewhere or just run the runme.bat inside the zip? Because it sounds like you are missing the files included in the zip. You have to extract the files from the zip for it to work. If that's not the case then feel free to post back I will attempt to assist, but it will be a few hours before I can get back on.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Not the case here. I did extract all files.
Thanks a lot foryour time.

my final target is to have CWM11.
i have win 8.

maybe something wrong with the path thing.. but im gettin good results while checking with "ping 4.2.2.2"

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Well yea ping would work, it's in the system32 folder, as long as binaries root was completely extracted and you ran a command prompt as admin i don't see why it would fail. It seems as though it's having issues accessing the adb command, make sure its in the binarie's root folder.

Last edited:

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Im trying to root my kindle HD 8.4.6 with this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2337634
but im getting an error,
here is a pic that explains better:
http://imgur.com/Yh5zM44

if someone can help be, im looking to root and install a custom rom.

You have Windows 8? Did you disable Windows driver security enforcement. Here is a tutorial I pass off to others to get it done.
http://www.fotoclubinc.com/blog/how...on-of-windows-7-printer-drivers-on-windows-8/

You can also try Root Many Android v31 available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

highrizer23

Dec 30, 2013
Well yea ping would work, it's in the system32 folder, as long as binaries root was completely extracted and you ran a command prompt as admin i don't see why it would fail. It seems as though it's having issues accessing the adb command, make sure its in the binarie's root folder.

Seems like I'm stuck.
Someone is offering a service for rooting for 20$ via team viewer I'm about to give up.
Can I just install 2nd bootloader directly or u must root first?

There is another way to root?

linear , I'll try. Is this root ok for me?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
That root is fine, I think it's newer version of the one you are using, and I wouldn't bother with the offer, I do that kinda stuff free xD. Kinda are supposed to have a commercial licence to charge people for services over team viewer if I remember right and not most people don't want to fork over that kinda money unless they are a business. If worst comet's to worst just pm me and I don't mind using teamviewer to get it rooted.

highrizer23

Dec 30, 2013
That root is fine, I think it's newer version of the one you are using, and I wouldn't bother with the offer, I do that kinda stuff free xD. Kinda are supposed to have a commercial licence to charge people for services over team viewer if I remember right and not most people don't want to fork over that kinda money unless they are a business. If worst comet's to worst just pm me and I don't mind using teamviewer to get it rooted.

thanks a lot!
thats so kind of you.

giving it a last shot and updating.
probably gonna Pm you soon..

i really appericiate all the help!