4.0.4 Camera Improvements are noticeable

Search This thread

MatAuc12

Mar 23, 2012
Hey,

I know this is not a huge thread or the most useful ever, but i didn't wanna swarm threads with potentially irrelevant info.

But anyways, the camera improvements are great. You used to have your frame focused and the shutter came too long after the focus so you often had blurry pictures. Now you actually notice that it refocuses at the exact moment of the shutter (obviously "exact moment" is somewhat an expression). That alone improves the quality by a ton and most likely what they refer to when saying they fixed "stabjlity".

So after you flash to 4.0.4 don't fear to use your camera anymore!

eRajesh

Jul 15, 2010
Kolkata
I assume all the camera quality improvements will be present in the latest CM9 nightly based on Android 4.0.4 as well?

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
Hey,

I know this is not a huge thread or the most useful ever, but i didn't wanna swarm threads with potentially irrelevant info.

But anyways, the camera improvements are great. You used to have your frame focused and the shutter came too long after the focus so you often had blurry pictures. Now you actually notice that it refocuses at the exact moment of the shutter (obviously "exact moment" is somewhat an expression). That alone improves the quality by a ton and most likely what they refer to when saying they fixed "stabjlity".

Thanks for this. I wonder if there's anything in the update that'll improve the graininess of the pics.

MatAuc12

Mar 23, 2012
Thanks for this. I wonder if there's anything in the update that'll improve the graininess of the pics.
The graininess does also seem to have major improvements. Overall the quality is A1. I dont wanna risk it and say its like iphone pictures but it sure as hell is one step closer.

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
This just got me excited...I use my camera a lot. I was going to hold off on upgrading to AOKP 4.0.4 build until they added everything back in but maybe I will make the jump quicker. Post some bad lit pictures up in the picture thread please and specify it is on 4.0.4 please. I am sure a lot of people would be interested to see these...

MatAuc12

Mar 23, 2012
After testing further I have to say my only complaint is that the shutter speed is not constant, as in sometimes it will take the picture instantly and sometimes it will lag a little (not because of focus)

edved

Apr 11, 2006
I've taken a couple of shots and while it's too early to say, I think it's improved.

Attachments

• IMG_20120329_135432.jpg
    IMG_20120329_135432.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 1,484
  • IMG_20120329_135636.jpg
    IMG_20120329_135636.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 1,516
Reactions: MatAuc12

MatAuc12

Mar 23, 2012
To be honest a comparasion would be somewhat hard to do. And also... why... Its better, its not really gonna change anything, its not like comparing 2 equivalent and different products.

Hwaiting

Mar 15, 2008
Has anyone else notice that the camera volume is really loud and there's no way to turn it down other than completely off? Has it always been like this? I thought it use to correspond to notification volume.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

systemf

Sep 24, 2010
So far I see more aggressive post processing correction of white balance on flash shots. Way less blue tint after processing. Also night scene mode usable for macro shots since it focuses on near objects much better. Will experiment more but so far just these two makes it much more usable for me.

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
Seems to focus a lot faster for me while not being blurry at all.

That's a definite improvement if I'm seeing it right.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey,

I still wish there was a way to batch delete photos.

Long press on a photo while in the Gallery and then you can choose which ones you want to delete and delete them!
    I've taken a couple of shots and while it's too early to say, I think it's improved.
    Since you're on 4.04, I'm assuming you're rooted, too. That being the case, if you want to completely remove the camera sounds without turning phone volume off, go to system/media/audio/ui and rename the two camera files there. If the system can't find them, it won't play the noise associated.
    Since you're on 4.04, I'm assuming you're rooted, too. That being the case, if you want to completely remove the camera sounds without turning phone volume off, go to system/media/audio/ui and rename the two camera files there. If the system can't find them, it won't play the noise associated.

Thanks dude, worked like a charm.