[q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

Search This thread

keroro430

Jun 19, 2011
Good Question. I am also interested. But the first problem should be solved first. It's the screen problem. hTC One has a full 1080p screen and One X only has 720p. So everything is needed to resize.

Sorry about my bad English.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

macpherson123

Jul 17, 2010
Auckland
Good Question. I am also interested. But the first problem should be solved first. It's the screen problem. hTC One has a full 1080p screen and One X only has 720p. So everything is needed to resize.

Sorry about my bad English.

That does pose an issue straight away. But surely it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a cross-resolution port? Then again, none pop to mind

What about starting with Sense 5, or even just some things like messaging etc. All depending of intirgration with the new framework i suppose. We'd really need the input from a developer here.

Android is famous for its abilities to change resolution on demand. In fact its one if the best things in my opinion. Just look at the clambook pro coming out soon, it amplifies your device screen to its own. Source

lolozaur

Sep 1, 2007
I'm curious to see if we can port the new Zoe feature for the camera, as i don't know if it depends 100% on the camera sensor of the HTC One, or it might be more of a software implementation, rather than hardware. Saw the video of the new camera interface and features and I gotta say, it's awesome.
Waiting to see if a port will be possible :fingers-crossed:

muamers

Dec 24, 2009
I'm curious to see if we can port the new Zoe feature for the camera, as i don't know if it depends 100% on the camera sensor of the HTC One, or it might be more of a software implementation, rather than hardware. Saw the video of the new camera interface and features and I gotta say, it's awesome.
Waiting to see if a port will be possible :fingers-crossed:

Zoe and the galery would be the only thing that would worth buying it

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda premium

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
R: [q] [discussion] HTC One port possible?

I'm really hoping we'll have official sense 5

Sent from my wonderful One X ruined by the worst phone producer... h....t.....c.....

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
Well, like some devs did for the SII initially, we'll have to start with resizing all the images to XHDPI, rather than its 1080P screen.

However, many of the features, like the camera might not work, since it depends on the new Image Sense chip and new hardware altogether AFAIK, so we would need to make or edit custom drivers and libs, which, is very difficult, not impossible tho AFAIK.

Hope this project is a successful one, Good Luck, and I'm here to contribute, of any help/contribution is needed :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Cryptic Rage

Jul 1, 2012
Karachi
Well, like some devs did for the SII initially, we'll have to start with resizing all the images to XHDPI, rather than its 1080P screen.

However, many of the features, like the camera might not work, since it depends on the new Image Sense chip and new hardware altogether AFAIK, so we would need to make or edit custom drivers and libs, which, is very difficult, not impossible tho AFAIK.

Hope this project is a successful one, Good Luck, and I'm here to contribute, of any help/contribution is needed :)

Sent from my HTC One X

I know you can do this ! =D:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X -Blade Rom- EPIC BATTERY.

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
You won't be able to port from the HTC One because of the screen res. By the time you finish resizing anything HTC would've released a new phone with Sense 5 and an XHDPI screen. Wait for that, then port.

As for the gallery and stuff it looks like it'd be a imagechip thing after the image has taken and is generated either in the camera app or in the background. If it is a CPU/GPU thing that launches when you use gallery it'll probably drain your battery pretty quickly using it, considering all the images you'll probably have.

If it is an imagechip thing you'll need to hack the camera app to use the old imagechip library. That might not work either though. So test it.

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
You won't be able to port from the HTC One because of the screen res. By the time you finish resizing anything HTC would've released a new phone with Sense 5 and an XHDPI screen. Wait for that, then port.

As for the gallery and stuff it looks like it'd be a imagechip thing after the image has taken and is generated either in the camera app or in the background. If it is a CPU/GPU thing that launches when you use gallery it'll probably drain your battery pretty quickly using it, considering all the images you'll probably have.

If it is an imagechip thing you'll need to hack the camera app to use the old imagechip library. That might not work either though. So test it.

Tha latter is what I tried to explain :D

Thanks for the info, and apparently, an OTA will be here, so no need for now :)

Sent from my HTC One X

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Thanks! :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: benjamingwynn

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com

Yeah we're probably not getting sense 5.

Note how HTC never said the Sense 5 update and instead just said a general update. They have done this with other HTC products like the Sensation and its update to Sense 4. Instead of updating it to sense 4 they made sense 3.5. I see a similar thing happening for this phone.

But let's hope I'm wrong. :)

emperact

Jun 8, 2011

Note how HTC never said the Sense 5 update and instead just said a general update. They have done this with other HTC products like the Sensation and its update to Sense 4. Instead of updating it to sense 4 they made sense 3.5. I see a similar thing happening for this phone.

Yeah, I thought about the same thing. They are sneaking around the question and responding really wide.. I am sure I have seen one place where they actually said HOX would get it. Will look into it tomorrow. :)

Reactions: benjamingwynn

razer1224

Feb 22, 2012

Its been a long time....

Sent from my Samsung GT-S9081 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

As Benjamingwyn said...you cannot port case closed.

Sent from my Samsung GT-S9081 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really no need to. HTC has been answering million of these questions on FB lately. :)

https://www.facebook.com/HTC/posts/10151736740168084

https://www.facebook.com/HTC/posts/10151736669048084
    I hate the look of sense 5 though

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App

Sent from my HTC One X