Bluetooth Tethering Toggle

Search This thread

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
Hi guys,

I just develop (my first android dev) the free app "Bluetooth Tethering Toggle" to be able to switch on/off the internet tethering bluetooth connection without to use the bluetooth settings each time. It works with the fOmey rom and others android platforms > 4.0.3, no root needed.

This application works only if tethering already works before and if the devices are paired.

Hope it will be usefull...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spac.BluetoothTetheringToggle

[Many thanks to fOmey for his great job and rom]

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
Great job this is perfect, suggestion to integrate with Tasker so we can automate ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
Hi! I've installed on both devices, on the gear the app see my s4 and work, but on my phone it doesn't see my gear... I click on settings but it doesn't work... What can I do? Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

You not need to install it on your phone, just on your gear (if you want to use internet with the gear over your phone by tethering.)
After install it on your Gear, add the widget on your gear and toggle it.

Reactions: jordiz86

jordiz86

You not need to install it on your phone, just on your gear (if you want to use internet with the gear over your phone by tethering.)
After install it on your Gear, add the widget on your gear and toggle it.

Sorry, I was thinking that your widget works for both devices, now I've understood! Anyway I've found another widget to toggle BT tethering from phone (without go into settings but directly from the homescreen)! Thanks a lot! :) (and sorry for my English...)

re-2007

Apr 24, 2011
Hi! I've installed on both devices, on the gear the app see my s4 and work, but on my phone it doesn't see my gear... I click on settings but it doesn't work... What can I do? Thanks in advance! :)

same here not working with GT-I9505 :cowboy:
plz which widget to toggle BT tethering use for phone thanks

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
same here not working with GT-I9505 :cowboy:
plz which widget to toggle BT tethering use for phone thanks

hi,

If you want to connect your Gear watch to internet over your phone, you must install the app on the watch gear only and add the widget "Bluetooth Tethering Toggle" on the desktop of your Gear.

it's the same when you go into the bluetooth settings of your Gear Watch (with the fOmey's ROM) and you select the tethering checkbox client.

(If you want to connect your tablet to internet over your phone, you must install the app on the tablet only and add the widget "Bluetooth Tethering Toggle" on the desktop of your tablet.

If you want to connect your phone A to internet over an other phone B, you must install the app on the first phone A only and add the widget "Bluetooth Tethering Toggle" on the desktop of your phone A.)

Reactions: re-2007

jordiz86

Just a suggest : can you hide the name under toggle? Because I don't use a classic grid (I use 5x3) and so I have to expand widget for see all the words... Maybe without name can be more nice and less intruder! :D

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
I ll do some tests and bring a solution. Not easy because the widget works on any android devices, not only Gear.. I don t find a sample to make a widget as a real icon with same title... (if someone knows, thank you for the help)

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
Just a suggest : can you hide the name under toggle? Because I don't use a classic grid (I use 5x3) and so I have to expand widget for see all the words... Maybe without name can be more nice and less intruder! :D

Ok, try the last new version 1.0.3, title removed for Gear and icon resizing... thank you for your feedback.

Reactions: jordiz86

jordiz86

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-12-12-08-06-1.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-12-08-06-1.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 254

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
I´we noticed that when I have the bluetooth tether connected all the time, my Note 3 drains battery in high grade.
Your widget/app works fine to enable bt tether but I dislike the idea of doing it manually when I need internet connection.

So I have a Request:
Is it possible to add a setting that automatically enables bt tether after an set amount of time from that the screen is turned on?
Not straight away when it turns on since I don´t need internet access when I only turn on the Gear for a short time watching the clock for example.

And it ofcourse needs to turn the bt tether off again when the screen goes off.

Is this possible to do? Or does anyone have another idea of how doing this automatic?

Thanks for a great app btw!

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
tasker intent plugin

I´we noticed that when I have the bluetooth tether connected all the time, my Note 3 drains battery in high grade.
Your widget/app works fine to enable bt tether but I dislike the idea of doing it manually when I need internet connection.

So I have a Request:
Is it possible to add a setting that automatically enables bt tether after an set amount of time from that the screen is turned on?
Not straight away when it turns on since I don´t need internet access when I only turn on the Gear for a short time watching the clock for example.

Is this possible to do? Or does anyone have another idea of how doing this automatic?

This could be done with Tasker Intents, or with Tasker Secure Settings but only IF the app/widget allows the Intent to toggle the connection.
I tried but it seems the intent was not there in Secure Settings.

I will look at the manifest file and see if the Intent "allow toggling" can be called from Tasker Intent plugin

st-tps

Aug 4, 2010
Sweden
www.lundsoftwares.se
This could be done with Tasker Intents, or with Tasker Secure Settings but only IF the app/widget allows the Intent to toggle the connection.
I tried but it seems the intent was not there in Secure Settings.

I will look at the manifest file and see if the Intent "allow toggling" can be called from Tasker Intent plugin
Yeah I thought so to, but it would be nice to have it included in the app.

A question about Tasker, I own the Direct Download-version of Tasker and use it on my Note 3, is it possible to use the same license on my Gear or am I forced to but another licence for every device?

myspac

Jan 22, 2013
Yeah I thought so to, but it would be nice to have it included in the app.

A question about Tasker, I own the Direct Download-version of Tasker and use it on my Note 3, is it possible to use the same license on my Gear or am I forced to but another licence for every device?

So I have a Request:

Yes, I will see what I can do to include this option inside the app. and include a retry/auto too for disconnections..
(with tasker, I must try the app before to understand how it works; no information about: what I must add in the manifest file ?)

Reactions: st-tps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I just develop (my first android dev) the free app "Bluetooth Tethering Toggle" to be able to switch on/off the internet tethering bluetooth connection without to use the bluetooth settings each time. It works with the fOmey rom and others android platforms > 4.0.3, no root needed.

This application works only if tethering already works before and if the devices are paired.

Hope it will be usefull...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spac.BluetoothTetheringToggle

[Many thanks to fOmey for his great job and rom]
    I´m looking forward to it..:victory:
    :good:

Thanks again!

Thats great, will try and return with feedback :)
    When can we expect the updated version on Play?

After some tests, disconnect with screen off is very usefull.
    But, connect after screen on and 10sec => it's too long to wait...
    So , with screen options, toggle is still actif.

I must work on my code and test more different combinations (screen, toggle, time/auto) before to push to playstore...

(Someone knows how to change the color of the text of a spinner ? (the text of my spinner is black and background color is black too ! only during the selection, the background is not black)..)

Sorry for Tasker: I don't have time to look at.. after as I said..
    I´m looking forward to it..:victory:
    :good:

Thanks again!

Code is ready, I test it today before to push into playstore.
    So you can select "Manual" or the "time" interval to connect, and, select "unlimited" or the "time" interval for disconnection.

Examples:
    1/ connect every 5 minutes during 1 minutes.
    or
    2/ connect every 5 minutes during unlimited (= auto connect every 5 minutes)
    or
    3/ connect manual and auto disconnect after 2 minutes
    Great job this is perfect, suggestion to integrate with Tasker so we can automate ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Yes, why not ! if someone can help me ? Is there an howto somewhere ? or sample ..
    Hello,

Can you send me the log wiht logcat command to be able to debug your problem ? (I have Null_23 without any problem)

Thks

Update...I have it working now! When I first installed the app, it automatically had my phone listed and selected...I then installed the widget, which did not work at first.
    After going back into the app settings , unticking an then reticking my phone...bingo!

Thanks for this...I'm hoping that it will help with my battery life.