[Q] Upgrade infuse i997 to new android HOW TO?

Search This thread

freznet

Jan 17, 2014
Hi, can you please tell me the easiest way to upgrade my infuse to the last available SO (gingerbread i think). I would also like to remove all the AT&T stuffs i have in the the phone at this moment... in other words i'd like to have a clean SO.
If usefull I've already rooted the phone.... but now i don't know how to go on.
Please let me know what should i look for and eventually give me the right link to the right thread in this forum.
Thanks

freznet

Jan 17, 2014
U really didn't even bother searching other threads at least in the first page itself.
Here's a hint, enter a thread called Help: Infuse steps to new ROM and use search button ;)

Sorry... i'm not practical for this kind of terms. ROM stands for any kind of new SO? I don't want a customized one... i'm just looking for a new clean 2.3.5 Android. I can't get it through the samsung software upgrade as i usually used to do...because it says i already have the last one for his kind of phone (due to the AT&T brand i think).

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
Sorry... i'm not practical for this kind of terms. ROM stands for any kind of new SO? I don't want a customized one... i'm just looking for a new clean 2.3.5 Android. I can't get it through the samsung software upgrade as i usually used to do...because it says i already have the last one for his kind of phone (due to the AT&T brand i think).

Yeah the last stock official is GB 2.3.6
If you have it, there's no further official updates!!!
If you are rooted, use titanium backup app to uninstall the at&t bloatwares!

freznet

Jan 17, 2014
Yeah the last stock official is GB 2.3.6
If you have it, there's no further official updates!!!
If you are rooted, use titanium backup app to uninstall the at&t bloatwares!
At this moment I have a Froyo UCKH1... and, as i wrote, i'm not able to upgrade it. I also have titanium backup installed... but i dont' know how to unlock the phone. I tought that was the only way to remove the at&t lock on the phone.

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
At this moment I have a Froyo UCKH1... and, as i wrote, i'm not able to upgrade it. I also have titanium backup installed... but i dont' know how to unlock the phone. I tought that was the only way to remove the at&t lock on the phone.

Try the first post stickied!
OR I don't know if this will unlock, but u'll be upgraded to GB 2.3.6. Download mode is: Remove battery, put back again, don't switch on,
hold volume up and down continuously and connect USB to computer at the same time. Should indicate download mode. Press vol up to continue using Odin!
Read this until 3 times and download the tool with root. Do the exact steps!!! At your own risk! I'm not liable to any failure! But this worked for me! Use tb to delete bloatwares!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1705260

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U really didn't even bother searching other threads at least in the first page itself.
    Here's a hint, enter a thread called Help: Infuse steps to new ROM and use search button ;)