CWM Recovery v5.5.0.4 for A70x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
I successfully tested Rusikxxx recovery on my A701 and it works just fine. I was able to backup and restore without any issue. Thanks a lot man !

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I successfully tested Rusikxxx recovery on my A701 and it works just fine. I was able to backup and restore without any issue. Thanks a lot man !

Give her a good workout Mate. Data apps, etc. Make sure she's a solid recovery. I'm still waiting mine from the repair shop. Next week I hope.

Want to test a modified kernel I have from EZ Terry?

MD

paugustin

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 7
I just send a PM to Rusikxxx, I tried to wipe data, the process didn't complete and now my tab cannot boot and won't even restore my backup or flash a new ROM !

I'm wondering if it comes from recovery or from something in the tablet itself...

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I just send a PM to Rusikxxx, I tried to wipe data, the process didn't complete and now my tab cannot boot and won't even restore my backup or flash a new ROM !

I'm wondering if it comes from recovery or from something in the tablet itself...

It's the recovery. They don't have the /Data right. It's the same issue everybody else had when these guys published it.

Well, you can always see if they can get a better recovery that handles /Data correctly, then flash the updated recovery via current CWM.

That's "if" they can fix the issue.

Sorry it happened Mate.

MD

vache

Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2009
Paris
Those recovery was build manually from source or they was autogenerated from http://builder.clockworkmod.com/ ?re is

Edit : If it can help, here is the original recovery.fstab from stock recovery :

Code:
# mount point   fstype          device

/recovery       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS
/boot           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX
/system         ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
/cache          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC
/misc           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MSC
/data           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA             length=-1048576
/flex           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/FLX
/mnt/sdcard     vfat            /dev/block/mmcblk1p1

Last edited:

Rusikxxx

Feb 7, 2009
Москва
paugustin
Reply to your letter:
Format battery dalvik and cache runs without any problems. Date have not tried, as yet there is no need.
I have other problems: I can not collect the framework-res.apk other through arktuls to change resources.
It is still very raw and buggy.
I am going away on vacation for two weeks and hope for the arrival of what that change will occur ...

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
OK, full disclaimer that I am not responsible for any bricked units or partial working systems !

This was from a WORKING A700 EU edition running the 028FR firmware.

Backup everything on your internal storage as it will get wiped during the recovery.

Download the current relevant firmware for your device and put it on your SD card renamed to update.zip from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1729692

I used root explorer to rename /system/etc/install-recovery.old back to /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Download the A701 recovery image from http://download.acer-club.ru/uploads/files/OS/A701/recovery.img

The using adb :

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot boot recovery.img

fastboot reboot

It should then go back to the old OS with the A701 recovery image in place. Next is the recovery using update.zip. Fully power off the device then hold power button + volume [with the 2 black knobs] and confirm with the volume button again, this should run the recovery, wipe everything and install the A700 recovery image.

As I mentioned before, if you aren't happy with any of this, don't do it !

Hi, need some help. I followed your instructions and everything with ADB went correctly, but the issue I have is when I try to install update zip I get an android laying down with an exclamation point? It wont instal the stock recovery image?

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
paugustin
Reply to your letter:
Format battery dalvik and cache runs without any problems. Date have not tried, as yet there is no need.
I have other problems: I can not collect the framework-res.apk other through arktuls to change resources.
I am going away on vacation for two weeks and hope for the arrival of what that change will occur ...

And once again, a recovery is pushed to the users, without testing it fully. And 'you' have a 70x and you didn't test it. Just flashing it does not mean it was tested. You knew where the problem was, as it's the same recovery as the others which bricked tabs. Now you run on vacation. Nice job mate.

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
paugustin
Reply to your letter:

If you knew there were issues, you should of stated them clearly and let the user decide to install the recovery or not. You made it seem that there were no issues and now people have bricked there tablets. Not a good move on your part, enjoy your vacation, just know you have upset a lot of people on this forum.

Sent from my Acer A700 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT FROM THE ARCHANGEL: DO NOT USE THIS RECOVERY IT WILL BRICK YOUR TAB,btw i pulled the links

CWM Recovery v5.5.0.4 for A70x

Attention!
    At the moment CWM recovery is not workable! Its use can lead to non-functionality of your tablet! For details see here.

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and steaven_zw (4pda.ru).

How to:
    1. Boot your device.
    2. On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on. Connect the tablet to your PC. Be sure to install the latest driver for the tablet.
    3. Download the archive and extract it to any convenient location on your computer.
    4. Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here. Then reboot a tablet.
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
    for windows with the rights of administrator:
    Code:
    flash-cwm.bat
    Recovery is installed.

Reboot again with Volume- and see whether you can still access recovery (or use the following command):
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery

PS: If you can not use this instruction, look here.
    Add your post, I installed it on my A701.
    In general, the theme of A700 dies. Alone: thanks and flat humor :rolleyes:
    I want to revert this back since I'm not sure how development will be since its becoming apparent that this will be one of the most overlooked tablets on the market.

I wouldn't exactly say "overlooked" as far as development. Remember, the 70x and the 51x share similar hardware. It's just that not as many people yet will shell out the extra $ for the high end version,

As with development, we will have a working CWM or Public Recovery in a couple weeks I hope. Also, I currently have an untested modified kernel that includes higher IO, init.d support and a couple other goodies. Just never got a chance to test it when CWM borked out.

Also, with a little help, I'll dive into trying to OC the kernel seeing we have source now.

The beginnings are always hard. Unfortunately, the TF Prime was released long before the a510, so their dev threads are full of stuff.

The only thing holding it back now, is a working recovery.

MD
    Those recovery was build manually from source or they was autogenerated from http://builder.clockworkmod.com/ ?re is

Edit : If it can help, here is the original recovery.fstab from stock recovery :

Code:
    # mount point   fstype          device

/recovery       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS
    /boot           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX
    /system         ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
    /cache          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC
    /misc           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MSC
    /data           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA             length=-1048576
    /flex           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/FLX
    /mnt/sdcard     vfat            /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
    Version bootloader

I think the problem in version bootloader, which is installed on your tablet.
    This problem can be solved in two ways:
    Option 1. Change to another the firmware version, in which works command bootloader - "fastboot boot recovery.img"
    Option 2. After running the installation script CWM recovery, when comes to message:
    Booting recovery.img
    turn off the tablet. And then perform the following steps:
    1. Press and hold down the 'Volume -'. Power on the tablet. After starting the CWM recovery - releasing button 'Volume -'.
    2. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Launch from this directory the Windows command prompt. And enter the following commands:
    Code:
    adb shell "mount -a && cd /system/etc && mv install-recovery.sh install-recovery.old"
    adb reboot
    Now CWM recovery will not be overwritten with the original recovery.

PS: Google Translate forever. :D