[UPDATE ZIP] Stock 1.2 update.zip flashable from CWM

Search This thread

nemith

Jun 20, 2010
I modified the official 1.2 update to allow CWM to flash them. You can use these to upgrade to 1.2 or to return to stock.

There are two files. One replaces CWM with the stock recovery (good for going back to stock). The other doesn't replace CWM (but will replace uboot).

Other than that they are identical to the update from B&N.

Please note neither one of these are rooted yet.

DGarmon

So just to make sure, I could use the one zip to return to full stock but with the 1.2 update? Also will this work if I have CM7 and CWM on my emmc? So reboot into CW, format \system and \data then flash the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip, then Reboot. At that point, I should be 100% 1.2 stock, sound about right?

I thinking about returning to stock and just run CM7 for my SD if this is an options.

Thanks,

Derek.

nemith

Jun 20, 2010
So just to make sure, I could use the one zip to return to full stock but with the 1.2 update? Also will this work if I have CM7 and CWM on my emmc? So reboot into CW, format \system and \data then flash the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip, then Reboot. At that point, I should be 100% 1.2 stock, sound about right?

I thinking about returning to stock and just run CM7 for my SD if this is an options.

Thanks,

Derek.

Assuming you haven't fooked up any paritioning by using the "dual-boot" stuff you can return to 100% stock by doing the folllowing:

1. Download the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip above
  2. Flash the zip with CWM (either from emmc or sdcard)
  3. Use CWM to factory reset the device (wipe /data and /cache)
  4. Reboot into 100% stock froyo :)

If you have modified your partitions this will not work.

sassafras_

Aug 18, 2010
I'd like to modify this so it just installs to my dual boot partition.

I've done this before with flashing kernels, but there are more partitions here to take care of.

I figure if I'm going to change the updater script to mount the correct block partitions then I should also have it wipe /data and /cache on the secondary partition.

Any ideas on syntax?

sassafras

HarleyChick

Sep 1, 2010
NE Ohio
Assuming you haven't fooked up any paritioning by using the "dual-boot" stuff you can return to 100% stock by doing the folllowing:

But then I'm stuck with stock froyo - I can't go back to CM7 after I've satisfied my curiosity, right?

Hmmm, have to think about that......then, again, maybe not.

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
Hey nemith, would it be okay if I used this as a base for a rooted version? Give you full credit of course, just dont feel like going through the hassle of the updater script and what not.

Last edited:

HarleyChick

Sep 1, 2010
NE Ohio
Create a backup first. ;)
Thanks for the files nemith. Much appreciated.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I guess I wasn't clear the first time: if I use this method, am I stuck with B&N's version of Froyo until someone figures out how to root this one, or can I just reflash CM7? And I'm not sure I understand the difference between both of the zips that nemith has produced.

In any case, thanks nemith - I always appreciate the work that the devs do!

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
I guess I wasn't clear the first time: if I use this method, am I stuck with B&N's version of Froyo until someone figures out how to root this one, or can I just reflash CM7? And I'm not sure I understand the difference between both of the zips that nemith has produced.

In any case, thanks nemith - I always appreciate the work that the devs do!

If you dont like this, just boot into a bootable clockwork recovery and flash cm7 or whatever you want. You wont be stuck on this.

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
One zip removes Clockwork Recovery and puts the stock recovery back. The other leaves Clockwork Recovery intact.
I'd assume, leaving it intact allows you to flash back to any backups or any other Rom if incase you do not like the official build.
I'm at work so I'm unable to test it out.

Or you can always just use a bootsble SD with clockwork on it to reflash whatever ron or backup you have.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

fpga_guy

Feb 7, 2011
I modified the official 1.2 update to allow CWM to flash them. You can use these to upgrade to 1.2 or to return to stock.

There are two files. One replaces CWM with the stock recovery (good for going back to stock). The other doesn't replace CWM (but will replace uboot).

My rooted BN1.1 with auto-nooter 3.0 does NOT have CWM in emmc. Can I use update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip to go to 1.2 unrooted?

Reactions: gsutton

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
So Ive got this thing rooted but I for the life of me cannot get the market to work. I have the vending.apk and googleservicesframework.apk under /system/app but market will not show up in my app drawer on the stock or adw launcher. Under manage applications, market or googleservicesframework arent there either. Does the nook have other dependencies? If anyone with some experience could throw some suggestions my way. ADB isnt currently working without the driver. Ive added other apps that are showing up and working perfectly.

scoutcamper

Jun 29, 2010
The device code will have changed and prevent market access. Try pulling the device code from a froyo device with market access like Droid X.

Sent from my Nook Color using the XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.
    uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.

DizzyDen was nice enough to provide us with way to make our own flashable zips using the download from BN.com but I figured I would mirror these in my premium Dropbox account for faster downloads.

Thanks,

Derek.

I'm having trouble booting into recovery after flashing the one to keep CWM. the power Button +n button isnt wrking. How did someone who did this successfully manage to do this?

I did as well.
    Seems there are lots of explanations as to how this should work, none of which worked for me.
    What I found works (for me!).
    1. push and hold "n"
    2. while holding down "n" push and hold pwr
    3. keep holding until text appears - don't let go yet!
    4. nook will power off after a few seconds
    5. release power and n
    6. repeat 1-3 immediately
    7. text will stay for around 10 seconds this time, BUT
    8. let go of both keys after 5-6 seconds
    9. You should now boot into recovery.