What is the best battery for the 3D?

Search This thread

jamieunit

Feb 15, 2012
I got a £3 one off the bay and lasted two days then got a gold 2250mah £12 one from the bay again and it last about 1day and 20 hrs light to moderate usage.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D GSM using XDA App

P.Mobile

Nov 18, 2011
RhOdE IsLAnD... 401
is the seidio 1900 really 1900 or is it less?? cause my anker is 1900 but its really 1700.. i just want a battery thats 1900 and really is 1900.. i dont care how much it is.. ill pay good money if it what it says it is.. does anyone have the seidio 1900???

w0rdOo

Feb 1, 2011
Detroit
is the seidio 1900 really 1900 or is it less?? cause my anker is 1900 but its really 1700.. i just want a battery thats 1900 and really is 1900.. i dont care how much it is.. ill pay good money if it what it says it is.. does anyone have the seidio 1900???

Seidio makes quality batteries. I'm selling my 4000 mAh Seidio because I don't need my phone to last 2+ days on moderate to heavy usage because I like to charge every night anyway, and even on heavy usage I always make it through the day with the stock battery. The only reason I bought this battery was because I was running Synergy ROM overclocked for my first day of owning this phone (I got on to rooting rather quickly, I had s-off 6 hours after walking out the sprint store with this phone :D). When running synergy overclocked on the lagfree governor, my phone overheated from how much I used it, and I made it about 5-6 hours before having to charge on the stock battery. Now that I'm on infectedROM and the stock kernel, I make it just about a full 24 hours with light/moderate use on the stock battery, and about 12 hours of heavy use.

kazp3r17

Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Seidio makes quality batteries. I'm selling my 4000 mAh Seidio because I don't need my phone to last 2+ days on moderate to heavy usage because I like to charge every night anyway, and even on heavy usage I always make it through the day with the stock battery. The only reason I bought this battery was because I was running Synergy ROM overclocked for my first day of owning this phone (I got on to rooting rather quickly, I had s-off 6 hours after walking out the sprint store with this phone :D). When running synergy overclocked on the lagfree governor, my phone overheated from how much I used it, and I made it about 5-6 hours before having to charge on the stock battery. Now that I'm on infectedROM and the stock kernel, I make it just about a full 24 hours with light/moderate use on the stock battery, and about 12 hours of heavy use.

What's your price for the 4000

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Generally speaking, apart from OEM batteries, the aftermarket ones rarely offer the capacity they claim. Some are just downright crap. (e.g. advertise 2430mah or something, and the capacity is actually 850mah eek!)

Also to note that I have not seen yet, an aftermarket battery with a temperature sensor. Kind of important for a lithium ion battery! Even the batteries costing about $100 don't include this sensor. Very strange (but it saves them money).

The 3500mah batteries I bought for my 2X were physically smaller per battery than (When I opened it up) than a standard OEM battery, and the run time was only around 500mah more than a standard battery. (so 2000mah from a claimed 3500mah).

On the plus side, I really like that 'beast' case :-D

OFF-TOPIC p.s. They capacity claim abuse is also in the general battery market (I.e. AA, AAA batteries for toys etc, even from big manufactuers). In this department I'd recommend something like a Sanyo Eneloop as actually having the capacity they claim :))

EDIT: Just to give you an idea of prices on these sorts of things:
h t t p://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?Country=&SearchText=extended+battery+htc+evo+3d&IndexArea=product_en&fsb=y

Also.. I'm actually trying to get hold of the 'beast' battery and cover, so I can test them out. (hard to get it here).

Last edited:

wharmecht

Feb 7, 2012
Then you want something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220809471557#ht_4364wt_969

Fits seamlessly under the hood and lasts noticeably longer than the stock battery.

I found a deal on Amazon for 2 of these with a charger for $30. I have been using them for about a week now. I now pull around 18-22 hrs of battery life with moderate use (e.g. Internet, Games, Videos). If I don't use the phone that much I can go about 2 1/2 days without having to charge the battery once.:D

tvsamson

Nov 29, 2011
As far as an app to help, juice defender ultimate (off of 4shared, no need to pay;)) helped my battery life tremendously

AlShAn

Feb 21, 2012
I have a Anker 1900mah

I have a Anker 1900mah atm, last longer than stock, but not enough for the whole day. :mad:
I'm not a power user, but the phone hase some services running in the background, which i need.

Now I import a Seidio 4000mAh with Convert Extended Case from the US... 205$ with taxes and tariff :(
Can't get both in the EU, neither from amazon.co.uk where I ordered many thinks who aren't available in Germany in the past.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
I have a Anker 1900mah atm, last longer than stock, but not enough for the whole day. :mad:
I'm not a power user, but the phone hase some services running in the background, which i need.

Now I import a Seidio 4000mAh with Convert Extended Case from the US... 205$ with taxes and tariff :(
Can't get both in the EU, neither from amazon.co.uk where I ordered many thinks who aren't available in Germany in the past.

$205 for an extended battery? That's insane. Tell me you haven't bought/paid that yet?

Where the heck do you live?

Wouldn't it be more sensible for you financially speaking to buy a 2nd battery rather than an ultra expensive extended version?

Last edited:

sunilromy

Apr 19, 2011
mumbai

I can get an evo 3d phone in 205$ used. ;)

mail2n

Jun 9, 2010
You won't be disappointed with the Seidio 4000. It's an awesome battery. I'm constantly on my phone as you can see on the second screen shot. Over ten hours of screen on time. :eek:

(I'm running Mean ROM.) :thumbup:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330544378948.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330544378948.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 125
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330544397476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330544397476.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 111

juliooooo

Feb 9, 2012
Most of you guys are satisfied with the Anker 1900mAh, which may be the most recommended battery in several forums. But is there a risk that the Evo might be harmed by using a non-original battery like the Anker?

Sean09

May 6, 2008
I bought an extended 3500mah battery, back cover, and charger off of Ebay for $11.99 not expecting much (was really interested in the charger, and for the price said what the heck).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...9&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_2752wt_952

I have been using it for a few days now, and surprisingly, have had extremely good battery life. I usually use my phone moderately without charge from 6am-11pm leaving it at 10-30% on a daily basis by charge time. So far I have been able to go two days on this one while still having 20-30% of a charge left. I will have to take some screenshots to support usage going forward, but I am impressed so far, especially for the price! Has anyone else tried these and care to share their experience? At the very least it lasts substantially longer than stock, and won't break the bank like the brand name large capacity batteries.

w0rdOo

Feb 1, 2011
Detroit
You won't be disappointed with the Seidio 4000. It's an awesome battery. I'm constantly on my phone as you can see on the second screen shot. Over ten hours of screen on time. :eek:

lol. I'm on Seidio 4000, InfectedROM Eternity, and I listened to several hours of music so far (that huge awake period is when I fell asleep for 12 hours with my phone playing music the whole time). This battery is a beast.

EDIT: apparently I can't embed pictures so I have to use attachments :(

Re-Edit: Forgot to mention, I only had the screen on for 3.5 hrs, which helps explain how my phone easily lasted past 2 full days

Attachments

• ScreenShotBattery.jpg
    ScreenShotBattery.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011

I have the 1900 sedio one lol... I get about one day outta mine... Not bad :D

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts