[Q] strange turning off when incoming call

Search This thread

sh00tman

Mar 25, 2012
So here is the problem - my sgs 4g (currently running valhalla black, earlier same problem with stock 2.3.6) turns off when someone is calling. It's not happening every time i get incoming call, just sometimes. It turns off without any sign of doing it(no vibration, no sound, not even the animation so i don't know that its happening, when the phone is in my pocket), and the caller gets voice mail.
I think the problem started after updating to 2.3.6, but it also can be caused by falling on the floor(happened few times).

What do you think? Anyone had similiar problems?
I live in Poland, so i can't get it fixed in samsung care point because they don't support SGS 4G.

sry for my spelling mistakes, i'm doing my best, but that's not my first language.

sh00tman

Mar 25, 2012
Gremlin Remover doesn't help. I flashed it only once.

I'm a bit afraid of sending it to USA Tmobile store from here, i think i'll look for some samsung magician in my country unless you have other ideas.

thanks for help and waiting for more solutions

#edit: is there any diagnostic software to check my phone hardware? Maybe something to save log of crash if its software failure?

Last edited:

jager555

Sep 26, 2010
Florida
i had that issue on one of my sgs4g's a while back. wipe your sd card on your computer, odin back to kj6 stock. once you odin back to stock, make sure you perform a factory reset with the sd card removed. reboot and let it sit for a few min. do not sign into google or anything. have someone call you and see if the problem persists. let the phone function that way for an hour or so. then sign into google, but do not dl any apps. put back in your empty sd card and then reboot the phone. after a day, if you do not have the issue, you should be good to go. if you have the issue after a day, post back and pm me if i do not respond (i probably won't; i'm swamped at work and I am rarely on)

Reactions: DC101

farwek

Apr 23, 2011
Houston, TX
Ive had the same thing happen on valhalla black and I found that on my phone it was actually a skin that I had been using with adw ex. I changed my skin and cleared all my cache and dalvik cache and did not have a single problem after that. There are so many different things it could be. just experiment with it.

sh00tman

Mar 25, 2012
@lumin30: I meant stock 2.3.6 ->valhalla black (remover was the second)

That's something. I'll try everything you guys posted above and let you know the results in a few days.

Thanks for everything, appreciate your help.

#edit: LogsProvider service keeps crashing after blackout on valhalla black and i have to reinstall it. After flashing, the phone works for about 24h and then turns off. When I turn it on, logsprovider stops unexpectedly every 15 sec and i have to flash it again.
Now I am not sure if it's connected to incoming calls

Last edited:

sh00tman

Mar 25, 2012
After weeks of flashing and testing there is only one thing I am sure - nothing helped.. I tried many ROMs, different kernels and modems.

Now I can't see any relation to the software. Only thing on my mind is the battery, usually when my sgs turned off, the battery lvl was below 70%, so I ordered new one. I'll let you know if this changed anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd say the best you can try is Gremlin Remover to see if it solves your problem.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22596598&postcount=1
    try tmo warranty after returning to stock gb
    i had that issue on one of my sgs4g's a while back. wipe your sd card on your computer, odin back to kj6 stock. once you odin back to stock, make sure you perform a factory reset with the sd card removed. reboot and let it sit for a few min. do not sign into google or anything. have someone call you and see if the problem persists. let the phone function that way for an hour or so. then sign into google, but do not dl any apps. put back in your empty sd card and then reboot the phone. after a day, if you do not have the issue, you should be good to go. if you have the issue after a day, post back and pm me if i do not respond (i probably won't; i'm swamped at work and I am rarely on)