[DEPRECIATED][RECOVERY][CWM]ClockworkMod Recovery 5.8.2.4 for EVO 4G LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Woohoo! ClockworkMod Recovery brought over by the one and only toastcfh!! Recovery is the basis for all of the work we devs do here, so please thank toastcfh for this as it was all his doing! The man doesn't even have this phone and he did it, please donate to him so we can get him an EVO 4G LTE!!

imag0123dw.jpg

What works
  • Backup
  • Restore
  • Flashing. zips
  • ??

What doesn't work
  • Mass Storage
  • Touch
  • ??

Requirements
  • HTCdev Unlock (Choose "All Other Supported Models" and follow all the directions, including driver install)
  • Rooted

How to flash via phone (Recommended)
  • Download the ClockworkMod recovery.img below and place on the root of the internal sdcard. Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary!
  • Download Terminal Emulator from the Market
  • Go into Terminal emulator and type "su" (lowercase, no quotes) and accept the Superuser prompt
  • Then type this exactly (no quotes) "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22"
  • If should tell you records in and out and then recovery is flashed!
  • To get into recovery, you can type (no quotes) "reboot recovery". You can also access it by pressing Volume Down + Power while booting up, and then choose "Recovery". NOTE: You may need to disable Settings > Power > Fast Boot for this method to work.

How to flash via fastboot
  • I will update instructions later, but if you choose this way, you likely know what you're doing. Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary! Place the ClockworkMod recovery.img in the platform-tools (or even tools folder, depending on your SDK version), reboot into fastboot, and type:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

How to flash stock recovery
  • Follow the same set of instructions you used above, just download the stock recovery.img below.
  • Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary!

Credits
  • toastcfh for bringing over CWM without even having the phone!
  • -viperboy- for testing!
  • xHaus, Deck, and everyone else in IRC who tested!

Downloads
ClockworkMod version pulled for now. This is causing an empty /misc partition, a fix is in the works!
Stock recovery.img

Last edited:

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
*UPDATE* it also can write to boot! meaning flashing kernel without pc fastboot!
ALSO:
the camera button is the action button...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rydah

oOflyeyesOo

May 27, 2010
St louis
Amazing!! I still have yet to get my phone, but I am hoping that there will be ROM's ready once I get it. Im itching for a new flash. Lets get some AOKP or Gummy on here ASAP!!!

Thank you so much for your work toast, just like the OG Evo, I was there at day 1 with ya. :)

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Should I take the htc unlock or will there be another way to unlock the boot loader soon? Advice please.

Just do the unlock, It's fine. That's what I did. You can always relock with the ruu.

Is there any issues with using the HTC Dev unlock after root and the "tampered" message?

There is a way to get rid of the tampered. Just flash the RUU and its just like it came out the box. No reason not to do it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

It will still happen if you run the ruu once you root. Seems like it does some check on /system and tells you tampered if its been modified (as in rooting). Don't worry about it.

If I flash will I lose my apps and settings?

Nope!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Riff76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Woohoo! ClockworkMod Recovery brought over by the one and only toastcfh!! Recovery is the basis for all of the work we devs do here, so please thank toastcfh for this as it was all his doing! The man doesn't even have this phone and he did it, please donate to him so we can get him an EVO 4G LTE!!

imag0123dw.jpg

What works
    • Backup
    • Restore
    • Flashing. zips
    • ??

What doesn't work
    • Mass Storage
    • Touch
    • ??

Requirements
    • HTCdev Unlock (Choose "All Other Supported Models" and follow all the directions, including driver install)
    • Rooted

How to flash via phone (Recommended)
    • Download the ClockworkMod recovery.img below and place on the root of the internal sdcard. Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary!
    • Download Terminal Emulator from the Market
    • Go into Terminal emulator and type "su" (lowercase, no quotes) and accept the Superuser prompt
    • Then type this exactly (no quotes) "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22"
    • If should tell you records in and out and then recovery is flashed!
    • To get into recovery, you can type (no quotes) "reboot recovery". You can also access it by pressing Volume Down + Power while booting up, and then choose "Recovery". NOTE: You may need to disable Settings > Power > Fast Boot for this method to work.

How to flash via fastboot
    • I will update instructions later, but if you choose this way, you likely know what you're doing. Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary! Place the ClockworkMod recovery.img in the platform-tools (or even tools folder, depending on your SDK version), reboot into fastboot, and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

How to flash stock recovery
    • Follow the same set of instructions you used above, just download the stock recovery.img below.
    • Make sure to rename to recovery.img if necessary!

Credits
    • toastcfh for bringing over CWM without even having the phone!
    • -viperboy- for testing!
    • xHaus, Deck, and everyone else in IRC who tested!

Downloads
    ClockworkMod version pulled for now. This is causing an empty /misc partition, a fix is in the works!
    Stock recovery.img
    Updated version

http://techerrata.com/toastcfh/hax/recovery-test2.img

should resolve off-mode charging issues. please test and report back. i do not have a phone so i need you guys to test.

also need USB tested. with phone off you should be able to see the device with adb and access a shell. may need to type "adb root" to actually get access to a shell. please report back with any issues with this as well.

for me to debug touch i need someone to boot into recovery and touch the screen a bit then reboot to system and get me a last_kmsg. this can be done with the following command

"adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg>path/to/save/ur/new/awesome/log.txt"

thanks
    Also, viperROM may be out early in the morning, if initial testing is good!
    This is great news! So is there anything holding back the first custom ROM then? Or are they in the works right now?

Sent from my EVO using XDA

It's being worked on as we speak :) Just have a few more things to sort out. I really hope to have a build up tonight for you guys!
    Fixed recovery coming ASAP, and a MISC fix zip coming too.

Also, you guys are gonna get lucky and have USB in Recovery mode here soon :)