Search This thread

palanku

May 28, 2010
Penuelas,PR
Re: [ROM] AOKP(Jellybean 4.2.1 )Task650 (2.10.2013) (AT&T)

Noooooo...youre great or the best developer for ours beloved S3...dont go away :D

Enviado desde..bahhh...q importa de donde lo envio

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9

Seldom do I follow a Dev to a device. Been around long enough to know that that is a bad idea lol. But I was happy to hear you had the s3 as well man. Your work is some of the best I have used in a long time. Just want to say thanksxand let you know that your work does not go unappreciated. You do what I can not.(at least till I find a working wifi driver for Linux on my machine lmao)

Wayne Tech S-III

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Seldom do I follow a Dev to a device. Been around long enough to know that that is a bad idea lol. But I was happy to hear you had the s3 as well man. Your work is some of the best I have used in a long time. Just want to say thanksxand let you know that your work does not go unappreciated. You do what I can not.(at least till I find a working wifi driver for Linux on my machine lmao)

Wayne Tech S-III

Are you having Wifi issues in Linux too? Have you tried the compat wireless modules? I spent days and days trying to fix it to no avail... I'm guessing it's an Intel card...

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9

Are you having Wifi issues in Linux too? Have you tried the compat wireless modules? I spent days and days trying to fix it to no avail... I'm guessing it's an Intel card...

Yeah I am working on it. My issue is no driver at all for my hardware but lets not derail tasks thread on this. Lord knows it happens enough. I figure it out while I work on Gotham S-III edition and S-II

Wayne Tech S-III

LuRock

Jan 8, 2010

New Kernel has this ROM running on crack! Thank you for the speed It gots me feeling funny!:D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360727066296.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360727066296.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:

berryman13

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
The new kernel is really tempting. I'm considering going back to this "stock" kernel developed by task and dump KToon's kernel.

I'll let people know what my results are when it comes to speed, but what about everyone else here's results in comparing the two? Recent release comparisons only, cause that's what is still relevant. :cowboy:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
The new kernel is really tempting. I'm considering going back to this "stock" kernel developed by task and dump KToon's kernel.

I'll let people know what my results are when it comes to speed, but what about everyone else here's results in comparing the two? Recent release comparisons only, cause that's what is still relevant. :cowboy:

This isn't a comparison thread. This is a development thread. Let's leave it at that please. Thanks.

helushune

Mar 23, 2011
Seattle
helushune.net

It's not relevant to the rom development and doesn't belong here.

grubby0

Apr 14, 2012
NE Arkansas
So I should go yap about your kernel in Ktoon's thread instead? Where else would be a better place to ask questions about your work :eek:

It is a known fact that each phone reacts differently to kernels. My suggestion is just to try each one, see which one you like best and use that one and don't yap about it any where because it doesn't really matter how your phone works with either kernel. :good:

PS. Unless Task is asking for feedback. Than Yap away.

Reactions: comeonwiththegalaxy

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
So I should go yap about your kernel in Ktoon's thread instead? Where else would be a better place to ask questions about your work :eek:

Why would you go to another thread that has nothing to do with what I do in this thread? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You didn't ask any questions that are relevant to the development of this project. You were trying to get pointless comparisons that wouldn't even apply to your particular device. Kernels are device dependent and react differently to different devices. So it's solely up to the user to test and find out how the kernel works specifically for the users device. Not all devices are created equally. That is a very well known fact in these forums.

ward360

Apr 20, 2008

Request please!

Could you code a different location in for the microphone, so I don't cover it with my finger when I record video.

I suppose your going to give me the apple answer. You are holding it wrong!

Thanks! Been loving your ROMs since I got my phone 6 months ago.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

berryman13

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
Why would you go to another thread that has nothing to do with what I do in this thread? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You didn't ask any questions that are relevant to the development of this project. You were trying to get pointless comparisons that wouldn't even apply to your particular device. Kernels are device dependent and react differently to different devices. So it's solely up to the user to test and find out how the kernel works specifically for the users device. Not all devices are created equally. That is a very well known fact in these forums.

I know kernels react differently to devices but that applies mostly to voltage settings...anyways I opened my own thread up in the Q&A area for comparison if anyone else is interested or has anything to contribute, love the ROM keep up the good work..

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I know kernels react differently to devices but that applies mostly to voltage settings...anyways I opened my own thread up in the Q&A area for comparison if anyone else is interested or has anything to contribute, love the ROM keep up the good work..

No it doesn't. It applies to the kernel first. Some can't even boot their device with other kernels and the voltages haven't even been touched at that point.

j_r17ca

Jul 9, 2010

Just wondering why does the screen goes to sleep while watching movies on browser even if its on full screen? Is there a way to fix that? Does anybody here experience that?

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV

Just wondering why does the screen goes to sleep while watching movies on browser even if its on full screen? Is there a way to fix that? Does anybody here experience that?

I also notice that too. When in the YouTube app it's fine - doesn't go to sleep. Only in the browser does the screen time out.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

j_r17ca

Jul 9, 2010

I also notice that too. When in the YouTube app it's fine - doesn't go to sleep. Only in the browser does the screen time out.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Just found a solution for it. I installed the app called keepscreen from playstore. It works like a charm. All u nees is to pick the app you want then activate the service. And viola.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Just installed this rom almost 10hrs ago with ktoon kernel. Very good battery life. I started with pro'ly 90% battery. Here is the proof.

runuqypu.jpg

2epa6yru.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Just installed this rom almost 10hrs ago with ktoon kernel. Very good battery life. I started with pro'ly 90% battery. Here is the proof.

runuqypu.jpg

2epa6yru.jpg

Reactions: bdithug

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010

I assume you're talking about the boat browser with Amazon video. Boat has a setting to keep it on. That's app specific.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB