Moto X twrp loop Rogers

Search This thread

legohood

Jan 30, 2014
Hi I'm having a problem with my phone right now. I have it rooted with team win recovery and super su installed. I downloaded the new 4.4.2 update but it wont work. It will only boot me into recovery and when ever i restart it will power off again into recovery. Is there anyway to stop this?

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
im in the same boat. well, was.

to stop the loop, simply go to TWRP and clear your cache.

then you're back at step 1.

now the question is, do we need to un-root, uninstall TWRP and go back to stock recovery, or both?

and how? :)

legohood

Jan 30, 2014
Wipe?

Or clear.

Just check a couple of them, it's fairly easy to find. It says "Clear cache/dalvik?" just wipe them out.

*OR* go to File Manager, go to /cache and remove the .zip file.

I mean clear, I can't find the actual button to do it are you positive that using filemanager is completely safe?

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
I mean clear, I can't find the actual button to do it are you positive that using filemanager is completely safe?

Try fastboot erase cache ,yes you need to be 100% stock, stock recovery and unrooted, so you need to flash the stock recovery with fastboot but at this point just wait for the sbf 4.4.2 rogers firmware to show up and flash with rsdlite. If you make any stupid panicky flashes without knowing what you are doing you'll hard brick your device .
It has happened so many times after a new update comes up

Sent on my Lenoto X

legohood

Jan 30, 2014
Try fastboot erase cache ,yes you need to be 100% stock, stock recovery and unrooted, so you need to flash the stock recovery with fastboot but at this point just wait for the sbf 4.4.2 rogers firmware to show up and flash with rsdlite. If you make any stupid panicky flashes without knowing what you are doing you'll hard brick your device .
It has happened so many times after a new update comes up

Sent on my Lenoto X

When whatever that is comes out do you mind walking me through it, I'm kind of clueless with what I'm doing right now