Cast XBMC from Computer over Chromecast through Avia Player to TV

Search This thread

vibajajo64

Sep 7, 2007
Hi,

I've found a way to stream XBMC from the computer through Chromecast using Avia Player to the TV. It seems a little complicated but it's really not. You can either use the Instructions below or watch the Tutorial Video from You Tube. http://youtu.be/NCgP0r5Dvp8

Step 1. Download and Install Blue Stacks at http://www.bluestacks.com/

Step 2. Download XMBC XAF version with External Player and Install it. It will not work without this special version.

XAF Link - http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/05/...-xaf-custom-build-of-xbmc-for-android-is-out/

Download and Install◾XMBC XAF Custom Build for NON-NEON Touch Screen Devices

It downloads with an extension of .zip. It wouldn't install so I changed the extension from .zip to .apk and then it installed with no problems.

Important: Before continuing, you need to run xbmc once immediately after installing in order
to create the .xbmc folder preceding /userdata in the following path. Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Step 3. Start Blue Stacks and download File Manager from the Playstore within Blue Stacks.

Step 4. Download playercorefactory.xml at http://www.mediafire.com/view/a3y3byisq12wksj/playercorefactory.xml

Save playercorefactory.xml to C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\UserData\SharedFolder\

Open File Manager in Blue Stacks. Go to

Home/bstfolder/BstSharedFolder/Playercorefactory.xml

Click Multi, highlight the playercorefactory.xml and then hit Move

Paste playercorefactory.xml to

Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Step 5. Download Avia Player from the Google Playstore within BlueStacks for free. You will need to go into Settings of the Avia Player and unlock the Chromecast Add-on for $2.99.

Step 6. Start Chromecast

Start XBMC - Start your show- Click the Cast Button and it automatically finds Avia Player and casts from the computer to the Big Screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Att.Fan1982

aamir123

Dec 24, 2010
Are you able to add own repositories in this custom version?I don't see an option to add video add on from zip

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

vibajajo64

Sep 7, 2007
Aamir, you can just change the skin to confluence in appearances. You should now be allowed to install from zip just like on the PC.

Last edited:

Dr. J

Jan 8, 2011
Silly question, but for my macbook how do I get the .apk xbmc file to install?
I'm trying to upload it into bluestacks via dropbox, but that seems more complicated than necessary.

Thanks!

havi007

Aug 5, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
I am confused with this. I been looking everywhere to get my answer. I already have xbmc installed on my PC. How do I get my XBMC thats installed on my C drive not bluestacks to cast to chromecast?

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
I am confused with this. I been looking everywhere to get my answer. I already have xbmc installed on my PC. How do I get my XBMC thats installed on my C drive not bluestacks to cast to chromecast?

Not possible yet and when I suggested this feature over at XBMC I got the lame answer
"We already support DLNA and UPnP why do we need to support yet another protocol...."

I do believe there are some XBMC apps that will let you send to DLNA targets so I suppose once someone creates an app that will make CCast into a DLNA target or Google adds a DLNA Renderer to the default screen you won't see this functionality from the XBMC crew.

Although Maybe Gotham release (whenever that happens) will change things.

Reactions: havi007

havi007

Aug 5, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Not possible yet and when I suggested this feature over at XBMC I got the lame answer
"We already support DLNA and UPnP why do we need to support yet another protocol...."

I do believe there are some XBMC apps that will let you send to DLNA targets so I suppose once someone creates an app that will make CCast into a DLNA target or Google adds a DLNA Renderer to the default screen you won't see this functionality from the XBMC crew.

Gotcha. So if I install xbmc on blue stacks will it read my other hard drives on my PC for TV shows and movies

sent from my Droid Maxx on VZW

vincent1964

Mar 1, 2014
Xbmc works with Windows

Hi,

It's easy to watch Xbmc Channels in your Chromecast Browser. You just need the Google Cast Extension and the correct playercorefactoryfile.xml. I made a video with detailed instructions and it's really simple. Type the following in either Youtube or Google and it will take you to the video. You can even watch live sports this way.

Cast XBMC from Chrome Browser - Free!!! Live Sports!!!

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Gotcha. So if I install xbmc on blue stacks will it read my other hard drives on my PC for TV shows and movies

I'm not entirely sure (I have Blue Stacks but not XBMC installed).

I'm uncertain how much of the PC file system is exposed to BStacks or XBMC because I was under the impression that BStacks was running more as a VM machine as opposed to a native program with direct access to the filesystem (That may be a technically inaccurate description on my part)

If it does see everything the PC can see then I suspect it would be seen from XBMC and not BStacks specifically because I don't see any way to map PC drives in BStacks other than the normal Apps you would use on Android for SMB Mapping.

hershsa

Jul 19, 2011
Do you know if live TV casting works for xbmc to chromecast?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Channels (last I checked) do not currently work and I would suspect that the PVR aspects of XBMC might not either.

Might work to Android local but not to CCast unless of course that content is served in a CCast compatible format. I do not have a PVR setup either so I can not confirm or deny either way what it does.

I did not see any mention of PVR in the app when I tested it.

sanjeev_mail

Jun 11, 2010
Avia Question

Hi experts

I have a question. will avia work on 12.3 xbmc version. i tried it is not working. But it is working on 13.XXXX version. i want Avia to work on 12.3 version. if you have answer pls reply to this post.

myecomemail

Dec 22, 2010
How to Connect to Chromecast Dongle from within Bluestacks?

Could the OP or anyone else please explain how to get Chromecast compatible apps to work from within Bluestacks? Does this XBMC process (particularly Steps 6-7.) not rely on the Chromecast android app to connect? Whenever I launch the Chromecast app within Bluestacks it can't find my Chromecast dongle even though both devices are on the same network. Is there another way to get apps like XBMC, HBOGO etc to recognize the Chromecast on the network and show the cast button in the apps? I'd like to use Bluestacks to cast from compatible apps but I'm not seeing how this is possible without being able first to connect the Chromecast app to the dongle.Thanks in advance for any help folks can provide.

Last edited:

nij999

Apr 19, 2011
Could the OP or anyone else please explain how to get Chromecast compatible apps to work from within Bluestacks? Does this XBMC process (particularly Steps 6-7.) not rely on the Chromecast android app to connect? Whenever I launch the Chromecast app within Bluestacks it can't find my Chromecast dongle even though both devices are on the same network. Is there another way to get apps like XBMC, HBOGO etc to recognize the Chromecast on the network and show the cast button in the apps? I'd like to use Bluestacks to cast from compatible apps but I'm not seeing how this is possible without being able first to connect the Chromecast app to the dongle.Thanks in advance for any help folks can provide.

Im having the same problem, has there been a solution to this?

I've downloaded the chromecast app on bluestack but i get the message "no chromecast found on bluestack" it seems it not searching my network which has two chromecast on

I've used bubbleupnp which finds my chromecast but whenever i try to cast anything nothing happens (ive used same links on my phone no problem at all)

any help would be appreciated

Thank you

jono1975

May 10, 2014
Im having the same problem, has there been a solution to this?

I've downloaded the chromecast app on bluestack but i get the message "no chromecast found on bluestack" it seems it not searching my network which has two chromecast on

I've used bubbleupnp which finds my chromecast but whenever i try to cast anything nothing happens (ive used same links on my phone no problem at all)

any help would be appreciated

Thank you

I'm in the same boat, I am trying to get the BT Sport app to cast from Bluestack. I think it's because a virtual network. Hope there is a work around. This is for my Dad who doesn't have a smart phone, and BT of course don't have a cast option from the website, unlike everyone else. Shoddy BT.

beniboy86

Mar 19, 2014
Choose between external players

Hi Asphy,

I was wondering if you can give me a hint to solve my problem.
I'm able to cast my XBMC 13.2 Gotham to TV using both AVIA and LocalCast apps. I use single playercorefactory.xml file in XBMC's user data directory, and every time I wanna switch between the two apps (Avia or LocalCast) I just open up the playercorefactory.xml file and change the following line at the end of the code:
for Avia
<rule video="true" player="Avia"/>
for LcalCast
<rule video="true" player="LocalCast"/>

So, I was wondering if there is anyway to get the option to choose between the two apps inside XBMC, so I dont need to change the XML file every time I want to switch between the two apps. I tried long pressing on the links in XBMC to see if "play using" menu pops out... but this didn't work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I've found a way to stream XBMC from the computer through Chromecast using Avia Player to the TV. It seems a little complicated but it's really not. You can either use the Instructions below or watch the Tutorial Video from You Tube. http://youtu.be/NCgP0r5Dvp8

Step 1. Download and Install Blue Stacks at http://www.bluestacks.com/

Step 2. Download XMBC XAF version with External Player and Install it. It will not work without this special version.

XAF Link - http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/05/...-xaf-custom-build-of-xbmc-for-android-is-out/

Download and Install◾XMBC XAF Custom Build for NON-NEON Touch Screen Devices

It downloads with an extension of .zip. It wouldn't install so I changed the extension from .zip to .apk and then it installed with no problems.

Important: Before continuing, you need to run xbmc once immediately after installing in order
    to create the .xbmc folder preceding /userdata in the following path. Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Step 3. Start Blue Stacks and download File Manager from the Playstore within Blue Stacks.

Step 4. Download playercorefactory.xml at http://www.mediafire.com/view/a3y3byisq12wksj/playercorefactory.xml

Save playercorefactory.xml to C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\UserData\SharedFolder\

Open File Manager in Blue Stacks. Go to

Home/bstfolder/BstSharedFolder/Playercorefactory.xml

Click Multi, highlight the playercorefactory.xml and then hit Move

Paste playercorefactory.xml to

Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Step 5. Download Avia Player from the Google Playstore within BlueStacks for free. You will need to go into Settings of the Avia Player and unlock the Chromecast Add-on for $2.99.

Step 6. Start Chromecast

Start XBMC - Start your show- Click the Cast Button and it automatically finds Avia Player and casts from the computer to the Big Screen.