How to enable downloads in kitkat

Search This thread

cmca

Apr 17, 2009
I'm sure I have over looked something but after updating to kitkat I can no longer download any files though any browser, have tried chrome stock and dolphin which all worked before the update. I have an outlook Web account for work so need to use the browser to access and download attachments. Any help welcomed. Thanks

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

shayind4

Mar 24, 2008
London
I'm sure I have over looked something but after updating to kitkat I can no longer download any files though any browser, have tried chrome stock and dolphin which all worked before the update. I have an outlook Web account for work so need to use the browser to access and download attachments. Any help welcomed. Thanks

There is no special procedure for enabling download in kitkat. It works just fine.

1) Make sure your internet access is good. Check download with another PC/tablet/phone.
2) Check if you can install apps from google play store
3) You may need to do a factory reset or reinstall kitkat firmware.

cmca

Apr 17, 2009
Thanks for the reply, there is no issue with Internet connection or downloading apps, this is purely a browser issue I think. I remember having this issue before on honeycomb I think but was able to fix with es file explorer as it had an option to enable downloads. I also have a note 2 on kitkat which works fine.

cmca

Apr 17, 2009
Still no joy with the downloads and now my Samsung account wont sync, anyone any ideas. Thanks

cmca

Apr 17, 2009
Thanks for the reply, not rooted but root not needed to download attachments from email client on browser. Does not explain the Samsung account failing to sync?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk