[GUIDE][TREBLE] Axon 7 Custom OREO ROM installation for newbies - 2018.08.05

Search This thread

Oki

WoW!!!!

With all the news I will have to rework a little bit the OP. It is growing too much. And now with separated Treble and non-treble B12 kernels it is a little more complicated. I will structure the guide in different steps in different posts. For beginners, junior and senior levels. So any user could stop at any point.

On the other hand, I have prepared an EDL package including the good and reliable RR-O-20180511. In a single flash this package:
- installs TWRP 3.2.1-7
- installs N-O Bootstack (B32+B10)
- removes unlocked bootloader annoying warning message.
- installs hyper-stable Resurrection Remix Oreo 2018.05.11 rom
- installs recommended google apps (ARM64, 8.1, micro)
- installs recommended kernel HellsGate v3.0
- installs magisk root 16.7
- creates vendor partition to treblerize your phone, this way it will be futureproof.
- formats vendor partition as ext4 filesystem to complete the previous task.
- And the guide in the OP also helps you to format data as f2fs in case you haven't done it already.

To install it just follow the intructions for the initial EDL package in the OP. This is the best ROM I've had for the Axon 7. Everything works except for the dual SIM and HDR+ (however HDR works fine). This will be the safest ROM to flash, since B12 bootstack still has a huge battery consumption, memory leaks and other small issues. The previous bootstack was more stable and energy efficient. This is the main reason for releasing this pack. I hope you could enjoy it as much as I do every day.

Last edited:

Oki

I used the right firmware. In the GPS take stock with excellent accuracy. You recommend me to reinstall the ROM again giving a clean flash? If yes, what I do are these:
1.bootstack
2.rom
3.kernel
4.gapps
5.magisk
6.wipe / Dalvik cache
Yes, with a clean flash everything should work fine for you. Have you checked the downloaded files? sometimes a corrupted download can create weird issues.

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
Oki - many thanks for your awesome work on your newest EDL RR build.
Any chance of a similar for Havoc ROM? Also maybe with OpenGapps nano instead of micro? Me likes rounded corners =)

edit: after reading your new guide's notes, sounds like it would be better to wait for the B12 to get fixed/updated before messing w/ a Havoc EDL, sadly.
Reason I asked for nano, is I am having issue now w/ Havoc & Gapps micro where my Gmail app is "stuck" at "add another email" (this after working normally for weeks) & I can't remove it as it went in as part of Google Gapps.
In nano you have to install it afterwards, but then you can control it like any other separate app then. thanks

Last edited:

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
I am not having a good result using this EDL zip. I go thru all the step fine,moved my version modem into the main folder before flashing, get into the terminal twice to enter the commands, but then when I hold down VolUP & Power it starts to boot RR and then I get enter your Android password screen and GBoard FC messages? Completed this twice to same result. I never use any encryption, fingerprint , anything. What am I missing here?
I tried oki's original AEX EDL kit, which installed & booted, but now I have less than 1 GB of available storage to restore app. Obviously (well, now it is) it is still partitioned for treble, and now I'm stuck.
How can I restore the partitions back to non-treble to be able to restore this phone to normal?

SOLVED, forgot this important step/check, thanks to Dark Quark

So I am going through the process, following one of the guides. I am stuck in the middle as my /data partition is 0 size and no matter what I do it stays that way. Any thoughts? Thank you.

-EDIT-
Think I got it. Formatted to F2FS and then back to EXT4.

Last edited:

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
I had to redo it yet again this morning, as magisk didn't install and I could not boot into recovery no matter what. This time I used the RR EDL again but didn't try to add the 2 lines via terminal, checked that data was formatted (showed as f2fs, left it)
and....it booted right up. Hopefully omitting those two lines didn't screw anything up. "updated" to magisk 16.0, all audio mods added perfectly. Thanks for the RR EDL oki.
I just gotta remember to toggle/check the data partition.

Oki

Oki - many thanks for your awesome work on your newest EDL RR build.
Any chance of a similar for Havoc ROM? Also maybe with OpenGapps nano instead of micro? Me likes rounded corners =)

edit: after reading your new guide's notes, sounds like it would be better to wait for the B12 to get fixed/updated before messing w/ a Havoc EDL, sadly.
Reason I asked for nano, is I am having issue now w/ Havoc & Gapps micro where my Gmail app is "stuck" at "add another email" (this after working normally for weeks) & I can't remove it as it went in as part of Google Gapps.
In nano you have to install it afterwards, but then you can control it like any other separate app then. thanks
You can try clearing the app data under app settings and after that entering into TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik. That uses to solve these kind of issues you have.

kaplah

Sep 12, 2008
Got the build.prop modified and I'm good!

Q1 I have used daydream for the past few days and its working fine, just the blur is higher from not having the display flicker mode supported to reduce it

Q2 I simply changed all the values in the buildprop from axon7 to ailsa_ii since when i tried havocos it had slightly different lines

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

The fix for daydream that I've been using is to change all the buildprop values from axon7 to ailsa_ii and setting the the vr display mode from reduce blur to reduce flicker (that can be found in the settings under display). This will get you a non distorted daydream with working home and library view, albeit with more blurring when moving quickly as asop does not support the flickering to reduce blur. I only really use my daydream for watching videos so it's not much of a issue but I can imagine that you wanted to try games it could be.

Of all the stupid... I was having a permissions issue modifying the build.prop file. What finally got me around it was booting into recovery and doing some creative file moving. After switching selected values from axon7 to ailsa_ii (and I do mean selected. Doing a find replace all screws up your rom and you get stuck in a boot screen animation) I have daydream working again! Thank you for your help!

For those of you who are interested you need to leave certain values alone. Specifically:

ro.product.device
ro.build.product
ro.build.fingerprint

All other instances of axon7 leave alone. They're specific to the RR rom and you'll wind up making your phone unbootable until you modify the files back.

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
Any ideas of what I can do to resurrect my cel service? Sim 1 shows" carrier unknown". I have TMo, and I have the right carrier ticked off in settings. Should I try a reflash? Different ROM?

Oki

Any ideas of what I can do to resurrect my cel service? Sim 1 shows" carrier unknown". I have TMo, and I have the right carrier ticked off in settings. Should I try a reflash? Different ROM?
1. Did you replaced the modem file with your G model before flashing?
2. In setting > network > sim ensure you have the right preferred sim settings for data, phone and messages
3. Ensure you have the right APN settings.

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
1. Did you replaced the modem file with your G model before flashing?
2. In setting > network > sim ensure you have the right preferred sim settings for data, phone and messages
3. Ensure you have the right APN settings.
1.I did move over the G modem file into the folder before running the EDL
2. All the settings are pointed to TMo.
3. APN = T-Mobile US LTE
I turn off auto select Network, let it search, then select TMobile as one of the choices, but then phone warns me unable to find network.
Preferred network type = GSM/WCDMA/LTE

Thank you!

Last edited:

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
Well, another interesting morning. After deciding to try another ROM to get phone service again, I flashed Candy ROM and the B32-10 BS, but it would never go beyon Candy bootlogo after 15 minutes & a restart. So as I'd read comments from several ppl in the AEX thread about having other phone issues, and they mentioned that the 0711 NFound build wasn't suffering from them , so I flashed the B12 & the 0711 build & phone service is back. Not sure if maybe the EDL modem file got corrupted during the initial install er what. Thanks oki for your suggestions, wish I knew what occurred. I know it is User Error, just do not know which one! =)

Oki

Well, another interesting morning. After deciding to try another ROM to get phone service again, I flashed Candy ROM and the B32-10 BS, but it would never go beyon Candy bootlogo after 15 minutes & a restart. So as I'd read comments from several ppl in the AEX thread about having other phone issues, and they mentioned that the 0711 NFound build wasn't suffering from them , so I flashed the B12 & the 0711 build & phone service is back. Not sure if maybe the EDL modem file got corrupted during the initial install er what. Thanks oki for your suggestions, wish I knew what occurred. I know it is User Error, just do not know which one! =)
That is the ROM in the EDL package in the OP.

Gachmuret

Jul 19, 2009
WoW!!!!

With all the news I will have to rework a little bit the OP. It is growing too much. And now with separated Treble and non-treble B12 kernels it is a little more complicated. I will structure the guide in different steps in different posts. For beginners, junior and senior levels. So any user could stop at any point.

On the other hand, I have prepared an EDL package including the good and reliable RR-O-20180511. In a single flash this package:
- installs TWRP 3.2.1-7
- installs N-O Bootstack (B32+B10)
- installs hyper-stable Resurrection Remix Oreo 2018.05.11 rom
- installs recommended google apps (ARM64, 8.1, micro)
- installs recommended kernel HellsGate v3.0
- installs magisk root 16.7
- creates vendor partition to treblerize your phone, this way it will be futureproof.
- And the guide in the OP also helps you to format data as f2fs in case you haven't done it already.

To install it just follow the intructions for the initial EDL package in the OP. This is the best ROM I've had for the Axon 7. Everything works except for the dual SIM and HDR+ (however HDR works fine). This will be the safest ROM to flash, since B12 bootstack still has a huge battery consumption, memory leaks and other small issues. The previous bootstack was more stable and energy efficient. This is the main reason for releasing this pack. I hope you could enjoy it as much as I do every day.

Thx for this one!

Will the re-partitioning delete the internal storage in the data partition?
And why did you choose TWRP 3.2.1-7 over latest 3.2.2 or 3.2.1-8?

Oki

Thx for this one!

Will the re-partitioning delete the internal storage in the data partition?
And why did you choose TWRP 3.2.1-7 over latest 3.2.2 or 3.2.1-8?
- If you have a non treble ready partition then the repartitioning will destroy all the information in the data partition and internal storage.
- This one uses the older, but more stable, B32+B10 bootstack. TWRP 3.2.1-7 supports this bootstack encryption and has working adb and other interesting options under the advanced menu. TWRP 3.2.1-8 only provides encryption for B12 bootstacks (useless for this release) but is has many bugs and missing features compared to TWRP 3.2.1-7. This is why, when not using encryption under B12 bootstack, it is much better use TWRP3.2.1-7 or official TWRP 3.2.2

Last edited:
Reactions: Gachmuret

Oki

I have reworked the OP following a new structure. It is still under construction. I will include all the info about ROMs, kernels, rercoveries, etc in another post. I believe it was too dense for a newbie, and recurring users won't have any difficulty finding the information after a second click. Nonetheless this guide will shrink a lot once we had a fully working treble rom.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCTION

I posted my configuration before inside a couple of threads. After that, I have received a lot of questions about the same issues. I have also been asked to create a thread so newbies could have an easy way of having an Oreo system up and running in the Axon 7. So I am doing it. Newbies will have an easy entry point to the world of custom Oreo ROMs and a single point to clarify any question. We have a healthy and active Axon 7 scene here at XDA. This guide provides a path to have a custom Oreo system with the latest features available for this device requiring a minimum effort. It applies to any of the 3 Axon 7 flavors: A2017 (China), A2017G (Europe) and A2017U (Americas) with any memory and storage capacity. At this time there are 3 groups of ROMs depending on the Bootstack and GSI support:

1. B32+B10 ROMs use the reliable Nougat bootstack. They are very stable and battery efficient. On the other hand, none of them support dual SIM or HDR+ camera. However they support HDR and Camera2 API.
    2. B12 without GSI support ROMs use the Oreo beta B12 bootstack. Full support for Camera2 API and HDR+ but very poor battery performance and stability issues.
    3. B12 with GSI support ROMs also use the same Oreo beta B12 bootstack. They also require a separated vendor partition. They share the same benefits and limitations of the previous group. So far they are experimental and the Treble ROMs don't support yet all the Axon 7 Hardware when using them along with a GSI image. They are examples of a Work-In-Progress that is yet to be finished.

WHAT THE HECK IS TREBLE AND GSI?

Since Oreo, all the new devices must have a separated vendor partition to fulfill Google's Treble project requirements. This way the OS is structured in two parts:
    1. Treble ROM: includes all the device drivers and vendor related files in the vendor and boot partitions. The Treble ROM is owned and updated by the device vendor or a custom ROM developer.
    2. Generic System Image (GSI): Includes the Android OS, it is controlled by Google and allow generic and frequent security and system feature updates directly from Google. It uses the system partition.

So far, custom Android distributions such as LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, AEX, etc... had to create specific ROMs for each supported device. This was painful and it all was depending on the willingness of a developer to maintain a version for each device. Thanks to Treble project, now Android distributions just release a single GSI able to be installed in any device using a Treble ROM. This way they can properly maintain all the devices with a single GSI image by focusing on frequent updates of a single GSI. These custom distributions will also deliver the security and feature updates by Google. So a fully Treble ROM for the Axon 7 will open the door to virtually all the Android distribution out there.

@NFound in the AEX ROM thread) is the only one working in developing a Treble ROM for our device. He has released some incomplete Treble ROMs coupled with non-generic system images. Others like @Kranoner in the Hellsgate Kernel thread or @OrdenKrieger in the LineageOS 15.1 are building and kindly sharing unofficial releases of several custom Oreo 8.1 ROMs that are used in the EDL packages below.
    @Victor13f has also created guides on how to install the leaked Stock Oreo 8.0 Beta B12 ROM. I really advise to upgrade to any of the current Oreo ROMs since the current unofficial releases work way better than the previous Nougat versions. The custom AOSP Oreo 8.1 ROMs offer a wider spectrum for tweaking for better performance and battery. Custom kernels are adding full featured and optimized drivers for custom ROMs. They support almost everything, including backported drivers from the latest Linux 4.xx official kernel sources.

BACKUP:

Please note that a dirty flash won't work when coming from any non Treblerized Axon 7 (Axon 7 without the vendor partition). So, if you want to keep your information, then you should do a backup of your data before continuing with this guide. You can use the file manager to move your Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc... from your internal storage to an external SD card. You can upload them to a cloud service such as Google Drive, One Drive, MEGA, DropBox, etc. Or use the USB connection to move your information to your PC.

DEVICE UNLOCK:

Unlocking your bootloader will trigger a factory reset, and will delete the internal storage along with all the information in your phone. If your Axon 7 bootloader is still locked, you have to follow this guide before proceeding to the rest of this guide. It works for Marshmallow and Nougat stock phones. Please use that thread to ask any question related to unlocking your device.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

WARNING, THIS GUIDE WILL WIPE ALL THE DATA IN YOUR DEVICE, INCLUDING THE INTERNAL STORAGE.
    IT REQUIRES YOUR DEVICE TO BE UNLOCKED, OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE COULD BE BRICKED.
    !!! Whatever you do, it is at your own risk !!!

In case you get stuck at any point in this guide, do not panic! There is a straightforward way to go back to stock. Just follow this Unbrick/Restore guide. I've tried to make things as easier as possible for everyone, specially newbies not used to deal with the Axon 7. So, I have created stable custom EDL packages. In order to reduce the risk and complexity, this one Stop ROM Shop performs all the following actions in a single flash:
    - installs TWRP custom recovery
    - installs my customized Bootstack
    - installs custom Oreo ROM.
    - installs google apps.
    - installs custom kernel.
    - installs magisk root
    - And the guide also helps you to format data and cache as f2fs in case you haven't done it already. It provides better battery, performance and extends the lifespan of the internal flash.

I provide here 2 basic EDL package options. Both of them include the vendor partition so you won't have to perform any additional formatting and backup when upgrading to treble roms. Both options are this way future proof, just choose one of them:
    OPTION 1: B32+B10 based EDL Package if you prefer stability. It includes:
    - N+O custom Bootstack (B32+B10)
    - TWRP 3.2.1-7 recovery by NFound
    - Resurrection Remix Oreo 6.0.0 2018.05.11 ROM By Kranoner
    - Google apps (ARM64, 8.1, micro)
    - HellsGate v3.0 Kernel by Kranoner
    - Magisk root 16.7
    OPTION 2: B12 based EDL Package If you require dual SIM or full support for HDR+ camera apps. It includes:
    - O custom Bootstack (B12)
    - TWRP 3.2.2 recovery
    - AEX 5.7 20180711 ROM by NFound
    - Google apps (ARM64, 8.1, micro)
    - HellsGate X12 GClang Kernel by Kranoner
    - Magisk root 16.7
    Once you had chosen your preferred option then proceed with these steps:
    1. Download and Un7zip the chosen package to a folder in your computer, ensuring there are no errors. I have an A2017U, so the American modem is the package default. If you have an A2017 or A2017G just copy your modem firmware, from the corresponding provided modem subfolder, to the main folder. Just overwrite the default American modem file.
    2. Install MiFlash in your PC. It includes the Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC drivers, nonetheless you can always install the latest Qualcomm drivers.
    3. Enter EDL mode using one of the following options:
      • by pressing VolUp+VolDn+Power until the power led flashes briefly
      • Installing a terminal app and typing reboot edl at the app prompt.
      • connecting your phone to your PC and typing adb reboot edl at your computer's command prompt.
      • While your phone is completely off, press VolUp+VolDn while connecting your phone to your PC.
    4. If you haven't done yet, it's time to connect your phone to your computer.
    5. Open MiFlash in your computer.
    6. Click Browse button and select the folder you created with the firmware files.
    7. Click Refresh button and your device will appear listed as virtual COM port.
    8. Click Flash button and wait for a few minutes until it finishes. Note the bottom options are not applicable.
    9. Wait a few seconds until the boot animation begins and press again VolUp+Power until the phone vibrates to enter again into recovery. Go to Advanced > Terminal and now type: reboot "dm-verity enforcing"
    10. Press VolUp+Power until the phone vibrates to enter into recovery, then release both buttons. Go to Advanced > Terminal and type: reboot disemmcwp
    11. Wait a few seconds until the boot animation begins and press again VolUp+Power until the phone vibrates to enter again into recovery for a 3rd time. To ensure everything is clean you should format the DATA partition, including internal storage. Go to settings and ensure "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" option is not selected. Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Select F2FS and confirm action. Do the same to apply F2FS to the Cache Partition. Now, from the main menu > Wipe, select and clean dalvik.
      NOTE: If you receive an error while formatting data, then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Format DATA as EXT4 first and, without leaving TWRP do it again as F2FS. That will fix the issue.
    12. Go to main menu and reboot system.

Complete the setup process so you can continue with the rest of the customizations not included in the basic package:

SOUND EXPERIENCE:

The following steps will provide you with Dolby ATMOS and Viper4Audio pre-processors along with the HiFi DAC output. Please note that the activation of these features will drain your battery faster since both will use your CPU. Nonetheless the benefits are evident. if you want to fully enjoy the audio capabilities of the Axon 7 you should go ahead and use them. The steps are:
    1. Download Mixer_AK4490.zip and Dolby-Oreo.zip to your phone.
    2. Open Magisk Manager app, go to the Download section and Download (do not install yet) Ainur Sauron, Viper4Android FX and Audio Modification Library.
    3. Reboot to recovery the same way you did during System installation, press install, navigate to /sdcard/MagiskManager folder and install Ainur Sauron, Viper4Android (I prefer 2.5.0.5 and traditional interface, however it is all up your personal preference) and Audio Modification Library zip files in that order. Do not reboot after flashing these files, just navigate now to the /sdcard/Download folder and flash Dolby-Oreo.zip and Mixer_AK4490.zip

SCREEN COLOR ENHANCEMENT:

Download and install KCAL Color Calibration/enhancement app. I only modify the Saturation to 62 to get amazing vibrant colors from this AMOLED screen, nonetheless this is a very personal configuration. At the end this has to please your own eyes. . This app optional since Kernel Adiutor and EX Kernel Manager apps can also configure Qualcomm SoC Color Control.

AVOID BATTERY DEGRADATION:

Install Battery charge Limit [ROOT] app. Open it and set Limit charge to 85% and recharge below 79%. Do you want to avoid your battery to wear as the time go by? do not miss this guide to understand why this step is so important for the health of your device.

BETTER CAMERA:

+ Snap Camera App
    I am using, and heavily recommend the paid version of Snap Camera HDR. It supports Camera2 API with full manual and HDR support. Find recommended settings here.
    Testing now GCAM v4.0. Nonetheless so far I am just starting testing.
    Bacon Camera is another Camera I am now actively testing.

The next level of this guide will provide with instructions on how to change recovery, ROM, kernels and all the details and options you have. It is late today so I'll finish it later.

Hope it helps. I will be updating this guide in the future as soon my configuration changes or I find new technologies, apps or patches. If you know about a better option just post your suggestions!

Thanks and credits go to @NFound, @Kranoner, @Infy_AsiX, @roisuke, @Skrem339, @djkuz and you too for bringing up issues and valuable solutions.
    How did you come to this conclusion? I'm seeing in top that both use 0.0% CPU.

On a separate note you should directly credit who created the ROMs you reuse in your EDL package. Saw someone post on another thread they were on your B32+10 RR-O when it's actually Kranoners. Without indication the ROM was created by anyone it's basically assumed by omission that you created it when you're only indirectly offering it and have your name on the zip. Then you take donations for their hard work which they both regularly hinted for donations. Probably a part of the reason both @Kranoner and @NFound who's ROMs you repackage are no longer developing. I hope no one has mistakenly donated to you for thinking you put the work into making, fixing and supporting the ROMs.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using XDA Labs
    THe conclusion is obvious. All the pre-processing of V4A and ATMOS is done by the CPU since those softwares are hardware agnostic. Any processing takes CPU and I have noticed about 10% more battery drain when using V4A. I don't mind since the results are awesome. Regarding the HiFi DAC, it doesn't affect CPU but the AKM DAC requires extra power. Even the stock ROM warns about a higher battery drain when HiFi audio is used.

The other issue has an easy explanation and solution. I have always gave credit in the OP to NFound and Kranoner for their ROMs and Kernels in the post introduction, ALWAYS. And I clearly state that the ROMs and Kernels in the EDL packages where created by them. I understand that some people doesn't read all the info in the posts and go directly to the download section, so I have just added clear credits next to the reference to the ROM or Kernel in the bundle description to ensure no one misses the credits.

Regarding donations, I never asked for them and I never received any, I do not invest all these hours for a few hundred dollars, I do it for pure fun like many others around here. I share my packages, tools and tricks just for helping others, not for getting money, or enlarging my ego. All I have asked for is to press the thanks button just to know if my time is helping people when I answer their concerns. Why I placed my nick in the filename? it is easy, it is a quality stamp telling everyone that I guarantee that the EDL bundle is certified by me. Everyone can rename it after downloading so it is not a big deal. I have tested many roms and kernels and these bundles are carefully curated to be stable and easy to install. That is the added value here that is very important for newbies that arrive here looking for an easy way to get Oreo. By the way, Pie is not yet stable enough, that's why the EDL packages haven't changed in a while.

Suggesting that @Kranoner and @NFound left the Axon 7 Scene because I was getting donations is far from reality. Kranoner left this forums because he no longer uses this device, his son was using it and he was really disappointed by how other developers were not sharing their work, and he decided to not stopping by here any more. NFound left the Axon 7 scene since he replaced his device by a new Nubia and asked to close his own threads in the Axon 7 forums. On the other hand, I created these EDL packages well after those roms were created and after all the donation hype about them. And again, I never received or asked for any donation.

The EDL packages are used by newbies. It is the fist stop for many that later learn how to use TWRP, flash modules, solve their own problems, etc. I use them as a fast way to recover my phone when my experiments go wrong.
    Dear friends,

I am experimenting with a faster way to get all the packages in the OP done with fewer steps. So, I have created a flashable EDL package of my current firmware mix. So far, I just need help on testing this package for stability. So, if you have experience with MiFlash or any other EDL flashing tool, and want to collaborate on this project, just download, flash and test.

WARNING, THIS GUIDE WILL WIPE ALL THE DATA IN YOUR DEVICE.
    !!! Whatever you do, it is at your own risk !!!

FEATURES:

• Universal Package for A2017, A2017G and A2017U
    • EDL accesible through Volume buttons combo.
    • No Bootloader menu message.
    • My custom Oreo Bootloader (call it Oki remix if you want)
    • TWRP 3.2.2-0 recovery (provides adb interface)
    • HellsGate X12 Kernel (Thanks to Kranoner for this excellent Kernel)
    • AEX 5.7 20180711 System by NFound (I like RR more than AEX, but I admit most of you prefer AEX, so I am preparing this package with the last NFound's AEX)
    • OpenGAPPS Micro 2018.07.05
    • Magisk 16.6
    DOWNLOAD:

INSTALLATION:

1. Un7zip the package to a folder, ensuring there are no errors. I have an A2017U, so the American modem is the package default. If you have an A2017 or A2017G just copy your modem firmware, from the corresponding provided modem subfolder, to the main folder. Just overwrite the default American modem file.
    2. Install MiFlash in your PC. It includes the Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC drivers, nonetheless you can always install the latest drivers.
    3. Enter EDL mode using one of the following options:
      • by pressing VolUp+VolDn+Power until the power led flashes briefly
      • opening a terminal app and typing reboot edl inside it
      • connecting your phone to your PC and typing adb reboot edl at your computer's command prompt.
    4. If you haven't done yet, it's time to connect your phone to your computer.
    5. Open MiFlash in your computer.
    6. Click Browse button and select the folder you created with the firmware files.
    7. Click Refresh button and your device will appear listed as virtual COM port.
    8. Click Flash button and wait for a few minutes until it finishes. Note the bottom options are not applicable.
    9. To ensure everything is clean you should format the DATA partition, including internal storage. Just boot to TWRP recovery by pressing VolUp+power, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe, select Data partition and tap on Repair_or_Change_File_System button and then on Change_File_System button. Select F2FS and confirm action. Do the same to apply F2FS to the cache Partition.

You are ready to go, just reboot to system and check if you have mobile network, wifi, etc.

This is just a proof of concept. Flash at your own risk. Obviously this procedure has been tested and validated in my system, an A2017U. I just need confirmation that works as good as it does in my system. If this proof of concept works, I will be releasing the complete optimization suite, including integrated V2A, battery optimization tweaks, etc.

Happy flashing!!!!
    New OP, Now with TREBLE support!

I have updated the OP with a new basic system Axon7_OREO_B12_TREBLE-Ready_Oki20180728_FULL_EDL.7z with huge implications:

1. Creates the new vendor partition already formatted and provides all you need to flash TREBLE_A ROMs the same way we've been doing so far with the old Nougat ROMs.
    2. It includes the new OpenGapps 2018.07.27
    3. It now uses the latest Magisk 16.7
    4. Added link to download the semi-Treble ROMs Havoc OS and AEX.
    5. Added link to new TWRP 3.2.1-8 TREBLE
    @Oki Do you think the new Hellsgate X13 non-treble would be a nice addition compared to the included Hellsgate 3.0 on EDL Option 1?
    Option 1 uses B32+B10 bootstack. Only Kernels designed for that bootstack will work. The latest one for that bootstack was Hellsgate 3.0. Newer Hellsgate kernels are all designed for B12 bootstack.
    What version bootstacks are you using @Oki ?
    The ones Nfound made or the Lineage ones?
    The configuration I have at this moment is Option 2. I have also removed the 800MB djkuz/Nfound's vendor partition from the start of the stock data partition and added it at the end of the system partition. That is the logical splitting configuration. djkuz and NFound developed the other method, but the future of treble seems to be using the last sectors of the system partition to split a vendor partition from it. I am on Option 2 just because I am testing Treble partition configurations. For a daily driver I still prefer and recommend option 1.

I am not using Option 1 at this moment since I am now working on making the PARTY tool fully compatible with other devices. On the other hand I am polishing a little bit my TWRP custom version with the integrated Party tool, vendor support (mount/wipe/backup/restore) and other added functions I missed from TWRP 3.2.1-7. It is not yet ready and some functions are not yet safe for everyone, but it will be eventually released when ready.