[THEME]6/26-TransBlue Market update! (fixes for those with fc's)

Search This thread

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
6/26 FIXED
FC issues resolved, and tested for stability. Short update note in this post.

6/21-For those who have fc's, I've added a second link for each of the new TransBlue Markets. The only change is that I use the original, unedited Manifest. The downside is that the comments page will have a white background, but ALL of the other updates are still in play. 100% stable, guaranteed :) These versions have "og_manifest" at the end of their file names.

6/18

I've recently made a revision to TransBlue (the most popular by far) At first the changes may seem minor, and visually they may not be the first things that pop out, but underneath there's actually quite a few changes. What I've strived for this time was to reduce the usage of public resources a little. I had already pretty much themed all that I could otherwise, so I started to edit the layout xml and (and a couple places in smali) to instead call new local resources I've added. Kind of a long process as it's a bit of trial and error for me (never done anything like it before really), but I think I've come to a decent point where I can release it.

This grew out of another project I'm working on for SGS2.
Screenshots courtesy of esk02k. Thank you! Also, thanks to fernando sor, who's pm exchanges instigated much of the research that led me to this revision. :)

TransBlue-sgs2-1.png
TransBlue-sgs2-2.png
TransBlue-sgs2-3.png

And here's one showing the widget:
TransBlueWidget-sgs2.png

FLASH IN RECOVERY

Market2.3.6-TransBlue_v2.2.3BT.zip

Thanks everyone for your support, and a very special THANK YOU to those who've passed me a drink or two :)

4/18-Added TransGreen

4/16
Found the problem some had with the boxes in the app listings. The parent of one of the styles I use has a different id in froyo vs gingerbread. All is well now. I will endeavor to add trans-green and the regular blue as I can.

TransBlue has been updated just a bit to include some of the changes I introduced in TransRed so now both of these included my latest theming efforts

TransBlue_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransBlue-main.png
TransBlue-widget.png

TransRed_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransRed-main.png
TransRed-widget.png

TransGreen_v2.1-Market2.3.6.zip

TransGreen-main.png
TransGreen-widget.png

The original non-transparent Blue version (pic below in 2nd post): BlueMarket2.3.6_v2.1.zip

If you feel inclined please use either the "Thanks" button below, or the "special" thanks button right above my avatar :)

Thanks everyone for your comments and a special thanks to those who've passed me a drink or two :)

Last edited:

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
Hello fellow XDA'ers,

I have themed the new market a little, the primary goal was to change from the green to a blueish theme. I've actually had this for a little while, but only posted it in my super circle thread. It was suggested that I start a new thread for it, as there may be some interested, that don't frequent the battery thread. Just about every image has been replaced.

Here's a shot:
432acab1.png

The zip file below will place Vending.apk into your /system/app directory. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

===>NewMarket-pb-signed.zip<===

Thanks for looking

Hi Guy,
Downloading now. Don't know where everyone else is today :) Have always preferred Blue to green ;)

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hi Guy,
Downloading now. Don't know where everyone else is today :) Have always preferred Blue to green ;)

Hey Doc, nice to see you again. Yeah, it's a little quiet but I'm not complaining ;) I'm my own worst critic by far, but I'm actually pretty happy with this one. Don't think I'll make to many more changes, if any at all.

Might want to try wiping your caches. Most of the big green header is not a drawable, but is constructed in smali believe it or not.

Reactions: esk02k and Smokem_I

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
Hey Doc, nice to see you again. Yeah, it's a little quiet but I'm not complaining ;) I'm my own worst critic by far, but I'm actually pretty happy with this one. Don't think I'll make to many more changes, if any at all.

Might want to try wiping your caches. Most of the big green header is not a drawable, but is constructed in smali believe it or not.

Ugg..hate wiping caches but will try since mine is also green, but some stuff is blue. Weird.... Was about to install MicroMods V11 Gingerbread since I was getting bored again :)
Was happy to dig up a working GB Keyboard for him to use on the Desire-HD ROM. Seems all the prior GB Keyboards floating around caused FC's or some other weirdness. Found a post from a russian developer that said it would work on Sense Roms....and it did :eek:

PS...it's so nice not having memory issues anymore, sonce having my N1 replaced.

EDIT: No Go. I am using MicroMods Desire-HD ROM. New market works fine. I just wiped cache, and Dalvik-Cache, reflashed your file and the market is still green. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Chosen_on184

Jul 27, 2009
can you make this into a metamorph so i can just apply it like that

Also anyone find those wallpaper sub categories i have yet to see them

Lightning N1

Aug 12, 2010
SoCal
Looks awesome. I wiped Cache then flashed and it worked first shot.

My only issue is the text is slightly cut off.

Hey Pendo,
Nice work on this Blue Market, not sure why mine looks cut off on the bottom part of the top display?
Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean, I am only reporting this because it is different than the shot in the first post.

Thanks for you work, I would turn everything GB Green into blue if I could:)

Edit: Actually now that I look at it closer it seems that the spacing is off in the bottom part with all the apps being to far apart also???
Edit 2: Looks good in landscape view, is that new, Landscape for market?

Attachments

• snap20101226_220737.jpg
    snap20101226_220737.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 717
  • snap20101226_223415.jpg
    snap20101226_223415.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
Looks very nice!! Is this 2.2.6 or 2.2.7?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

The screenshots look great! but I would also like to know which version it is? If it's 2.2.7, I'm flashing right away! :D

edit: It looks like the post above answers my question. Looks like it's 2.2.6 - the updated 2.2.7 fixed the spacing problem. If you could update this for 2.2.7, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy! ;)

Last edited:

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
First off, thanks, as always for the compliments. Feel like I've kinda been in a rut lately on a few projects so it's definitely nice to hear :)

As far as why some are not getting build to take, I suspect that you may have a second market installation. I have no idea what causes this but I did notice that I had a vending and a vending-1 install on one of the roms that I've had on my device over the holidays. (been trying to show off all the versatility to the iphone family members :D). I just checked the manifest, and it is 2.2.6 so that could be an issue. This market originally came from one of the first few that were floating around a little while back. I'll try to get 2.2.7 up here right quick. I've been running this for quite some time now, but I'm not getting the update for some reason. For those of you who aren't seeing the change, if you have root explorer go see what you have in /system/app, also *possibly* in /data/app. Of course you can run ls in shell as well.

I wish I could remember all that I've done to this, code wise, but that was almost 3 weeks ago and I've seen too much else since then. Hopefully I can jog my memory when I get a chance with 2.2.7.

Ugg..hate wiping caches but will try since mine is also green, but some stuff is blue. Weird.... Was about to install MicroMods V11 Gingerbread since I was getting bored again :)
Was happy to dig up a working GB Keyboard for him to use on the Desire-HD ROM. Seems all the prior GB Keyboards floating around caused FC's or some other weirdness. Found a post from a russian developer that said it would work on Sense Roms....and it did :eek:

PS...it's so nice not having memory issues anymore, sonce having my N1 replaced.

EDIT: No Go. I am using MicroMods Desire-HD ROM. New market works fine. I just wiped cache, and Dalvik-Cache, reflashed your file and the market is still green. Any thoughts?

Man, once again...I'm not sure what's causing this. This shouldn't make a darn bit of difference, but you could try pushing it to the phone either in recovery, or by stopping core with adb shell stop, adb push Vending.apk, then adb shell start.

Also ran into something different with the nexus s that I've worked on. When you flash in recovery, you have to go and mount the system partition first. Now I've always had to do this if I was pushing into it, but flashing a zip, no. Still shouldn't make a difference with this zip though as I've included a mount command in the script.

Oh, and you reminded me....I also have a lightly themed blue gingerbread keyboard. Fairly subtle, but I prefer it to stock. I posted it in enom's thread a while ago as well. I'll add it to the op as well.

can you make this into a metamorph so i can just apply it like that

Also anyone find those wallpaper sub categories i have yet to see them

No, this cannot be applied via metamorph unfortunately. Many of the changes are located in what becomes resources.arsc when it's compiled.

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hey Pendo,
Nice work on this Blue Market, not sure why mine looks cut off on the bottom part of the top display?
Here is a screen shot so you can see what I mean, I am only reporting this because it is different than the shot in the first post.

Thanks for you work, I would turn everything GB Green into blue if I could:)

Edit: Actually now that I look at it closer it seems that the spacing is off in the bottom part with all the apps being to far apart also???
Edit 2: Looks good in landscape view, is that new, Landscape for market?

yeah, I think it is new. I saw this on a rom I flashed over the weekend as well but it wasn't there when I went back to cm and enom. Let's hope that what this guy below says fixes it.

The screenshots look great! but I would also like to know which version it is? If it's 2.2.7, I'm flashing right away! :D

edit: It looks like the post above answers my question. Looks like it's 2.2.6 - the updated 2.2.7 fixed the spacing problem. If you could update this for 2.2.7, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy! ;)

Thanks. OK....now I just need to find a good copy of 2.2.7 to decompile and start working on. Where did you get yours?

Reactions: Lightning N1

Treatcon

Apr 6, 2010
Austin, TX
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks. OK....now I just need to find a good copy of 2.2.7 to decompile and start working on. Where did you get yours?

Flash this signed zip file from recovery, it will remove all related files from system & data and copy Market 2.2.7 to your system.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n4sd06z6deaiol6

Good Luck!

2.2.7, as requested. Worked great for me first try.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n4sd06z6deaiol6

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Last edited:

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Hey Pendo
this is absolutely, what I'm searching for.
can I use it with my own MIUI ROM?
Everything there is blue and I've searched for a blue Market.

Is it possible to tell me, which things are changed, that are not in drawable-hdpi?
It sounds a bit weird, but I wanna make this changes in "my" market... ;)

Last edited:

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
OK, everybody..

I found a 2.2.7 version of the market. I think I managed to get everything over that matters. I had to run a diff to make sure I didn't miss any theme work that I did...one thing I noticed was there were some changes in the layout xml affecting padding and a couple other changes. Hopefully that fixes the layout issues.

So far this was tested on cm 6.1.1 however, I mounted the system and pushed. I did not remove anything prior, but I did wipe cache and dalvik to be safe. So I'm not sure if you'll need to or not. Also, I had reinstalled an older version of the market and booted into the phone, navigated around in the market before I did this to try to create a typical scenario.

So far all is well.

pendo

Jun 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Hey Pendo
this is absolutely, what I'm searching for.
can I use it with my own MIUI ROM?
Everything there is blue and I've searched for a blue Market.

Is it possible to tell me, which things are changed, that are not in drawable-hdpi?
It sounds a bit weird, but I wanna make this changes in "my" market... ;)

Unknown if you can use with miui. Most everything is blue, or meant to go well with the blue theme, as there are teal highlights you can see in the header.

The changes are all in hex and in colors.xml. However you need to find out where the colors are being used and that's in com/android/vending/velvet. You'll find the various id's in ArcPaintingUtils.smali, ArcView.smali, SlimArcView.smali, and SlimArcViewWithTabs.smali. (I think that's most of them) Then you can reference the id's back to public.xml to find out what it's actual name is.

Like I said, it's a bit different than what you'd run into for theming (or at least it is to me :))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6/26 FIXED
    FC issues resolved, and tested for stability. Short update note in this post.

6/21-For those who have fc's, I've added a second link for each of the new TransBlue Markets. The only change is that I use the original, unedited Manifest. The downside is that the comments page will have a white background, but ALL of the other updates are still in play. 100% stable, guaranteed :) These versions have "og_manifest" at the end of their file names.

6/18

I've recently made a revision to TransBlue (the most popular by far) At first the changes may seem minor, and visually they may not be the first things that pop out, but underneath there's actually quite a few changes. What I've strived for this time was to reduce the usage of public resources a little. I had already pretty much themed all that I could otherwise, so I started to edit the layout xml and (and a couple places in smali) to instead call new local resources I've added. Kind of a long process as it's a bit of trial and error for me (never done anything like it before really), but I think I've come to a decent point where I can release it.

This grew out of another project I'm working on for SGS2.
    Screenshots courtesy of esk02k. Thank you! Also, thanks to fernando sor, who's pm exchanges instigated much of the research that led me to this revision. :)

TransBlue-sgs2-1.png
    TransBlue-sgs2-2.png
    TransBlue-sgs2-3.png

And here's one showing the widget:
    TransBlueWidget-sgs2.png

FLASH IN RECOVERY

Market2.3.6-TransBlue_v2.2.3BT.zip

Thanks everyone for your support, and a very special THANK YOU to those who've passed me a drink or two :)

4/18-Added TransGreen

4/16
    Found the problem some had with the boxes in the app listings. The parent of one of the styles I use has a different id in froyo vs gingerbread. All is well now. I will endeavor to add trans-green and the regular blue as I can.

TransBlue has been updated just a bit to include some of the changes I introduced in TransRed so now both of these included my latest theming efforts

TransBlue_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransBlue-main.png
    TransBlue-widget.png

TransRed_v2.1_Market-2.3.6.zip

TransRed-main.png
    TransRed-widget.png

TransGreen_v2.1-Market2.3.6.zip

TransGreen-main.png
    TransGreen-widget.png

The original non-transparent Blue version (pic below in 2nd post): BlueMarket2.3.6_v2.1.zip

If you feel inclined please use either the "Thanks" button below, or the "special" thanks button right above my avatar :)

Thanks everyone for your comments and a special thanks to those who've passed me a drink or two :)
    Sorry guys, I've been busy. Last night I got a verified good version of the market. Not that the other one's were 'fake' per se, I just know that this one was received OTA on a nexus one.....mine.

After going through every single directory that I've modded I still have no idea what's causing the issue. I ran diff's on the code side of it, and came up with nothing. There was basically one item that's different. I left the gingerbread and above drawable folders in that existed on the tablet version. These were drawable-hdpi-v9 and drawable-mdpi-v9. These shouldn't have caused an issue anyway because the only images in those folders were menu png's and 2 statusbar png's....nothing in the regular layout. Anyway, I'm hoping that it just caused some confusion with some roms, especially those that may still have edited fingerprints that are different than their actual build.

So after A LOT of hours, here's a new TransBlue. Also made a few more cosmetic edits, updated launcher icon, and the pressed highlights are yellow now instead of blue. Changed the widget just a bit. I also darkened the background a bit to make the text a bit more legible. I didn't do it to the widget, though...so let me know if you think I should do that as well. I've spent sooo much time on this little thing I really hope I got everything this time. I will update the TransRed as well as TransGreen but I need to get some positive feedback from those that had issues first. I won't be back online probably til late, late or even tomorrow cause I've GOT to get caught back up on some school work I neglected while chasing this gremlin down.

TransBlue_v2.0_Market-2.3.6.zip

PS, Thanks a bunch esk02k....mucho appreciated dude :)
    Hello fellow XDA'ers,

I have themed the new market a little, the primary goal was to change from the green to a blueish theme. I've actually had this for a little while, but only posted it in my super circle thread. It was suggested that I start a new thread for it, as there may be some interested, that don't frequent the battery thread. Just about every image has been replaced.

Here's a shot:
    432acab1.png

The zip file below will place Vending.apk into your /system/app directory. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

===>NewMarket-pb-signed.zip<===

Thanks for looking

Hi Guy,
    Hey pendo great work as always ... question for the you .. the blue background at the top .. wasnt it not semi transparent at one point in the last market or was that my imagination playing tricks on me again

Man I'm sorry, I thought I replied to you on this the other day. Yes, it is still semi-transparent.

I did just update to 2.3.3 for the transparent versions. Update zips are at the top of the op. :) I'll try to get to the request for the non-transparent a little later today.
    does this work for the cyan 2.3 roms yet, I cant seem to get the install to take using clockwork 3

I've tested it on aosp gingerbread, as well as the 1/20 nightly. (But should work on froyo as well.)

But I also am running the older clockwork. I mention this in the downloads section, but try to mount system first while in recovery. It's an option under "mounts and storage" Had a buddy just do it on his N-S works fine.