[Q] Was told not to update

Search This thread

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
Hello everyone!

Just bought the photon yesterday and have a question about updating the software. I was told by the gentlemen not to update(On 45.2.5 now) because if I did I would not be able to use WIFI. Says that the update would break it. Has anyone ran into this? I've looked around and haven't really seen any mention of it.

Any help would be great!

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
I'm gonna go ahead and trust you BC your an Atlantan like me lol

Well I tried to update and it failed!

1) What system version are you on?
2) What happened during the update?
3) Is your phone completely stock (you have not modded it in any way)?
4) If necessary, you can push the latest update via RSD Lite v5.5

Good luck!
K

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
1) What system version are you on?
2) What happened during the update?
3) Is your phone completely stock (you have not modded it in any way)?
4) If necessary, you can push the latest update via RSD Lite v5.5

Good luck!
K

System version is 45.2.5
It rebooted and then said system update failed.
I did the one click root
Not sure how to do the update via RSD

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1202666

You gotta use that for the latest update via RSD, rooting it won't get you updates. And whoever told you that updating would break your WIFI was a dolt. It actually fixes most of the WIFI issues people were having. I've attached the 5.5 version of RSD so you don't have to hunt it down. Just follow the instructions in the thread I linked above and you should be golden. :]

Attachments

• RSDLite5.5.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 12

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1202666

You gotta use that for the latest update via RSD, rooting it won't get you updates. And whoever told you that updating would break your WIFI was a dolt. It actually fixes most of the WIFI issues people were having. I've attached the 5.5 version of RSD so you don't have to hunt it down. Just follow the instructions in the thread I linked above and you should be golden. :]

The problem I have is the step 6

6. Load up the SBF file you extracted from the MR download

What does that mean? Seems simple but don't remember extracting an SBF file

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont

You need to extract the zip file you downloaded from the link xTMFx provided (contains the 198_7 SBF)...you open this SBF file in RSD Lite, connect your phone to the computer after putting it in RSD mode, and hit START.

Reactions: pastert33

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
You need to extract the zip file you downloaded from the link xTMFx provided (contains the 198_7 SBF)...you open this SBF file in RSD Lite, connect your phone to the computer after putting it in RSD mode, and hit START.

Ahh I downloaded the deotexed one and not the original so I didn't see a sbf file. Downloading now, will report back

I put my phone in RSD mode, how do I get it outta the mode or is it ok for it the stay this way until the download is done?

Last edited:

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
Ahh I downloaded the deotexed one and not the original so I didn't see a sbf file. Downloading now, will report back

I put my phone in RSD mode, how do I get it outta the mode or is it ok for it the stay this way until the download is done?

Once RSD lite has done it's thing, the phone will reboot, or you will have to manually reboot (it's a soft brick, just pull the battery if necessary).

Best,
K

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
Ok, finally got it updated! Def isn't like the EVO, could flash it in like a couple minutes! Now think I'm gonna unlock the bootloader

Last edited:

xTMFxOffshore

Sep 1, 2011
San Diego
Yeah that is the one to go with as it is fast and has the oc kernel included. Plus tis built off the latest build.

Sent from my Photon via XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.