(unlocked only) Sh@dow and Sh@dowEvolved {ROM} (photon) 2-26-2012

leave the blacked out notifiactions or take it out?

• take it out

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • leave it

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

mulhiny

Nov 15, 2008
Update NY
*#*#4636#*#* method works..I tried the PRL and Profile update to no avail. Not sure what you mean about zeroing the proxy..I'll do a search. Otherwise rom is smooth as glass. I had messaging force close today, but a reboot fixed it. If I get some time tonight I'll try a wipe and reflash. Maybe just a goofy flash if no one else has noticed this. Thanks for the replies.

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
i tried that and to edit i need a passcode?

yeah you need your ml code easiest way to get it is to call and beg and say whatever you can to sprint on the phone... sorry

*#*#4636#*#* method works..I tried the PRL and Profile update to no avail. Not sure what you mean about zeroing the proxy..I'll do a search. Otherwise rom is smooth as glass. I had messaging force close today, but a reboot fixed it. If I get some time tonight I'll try a wipe and reflash. Maybe just a goofy flash if no one else has noticed this. Thanks for the replies.

when you say you couldnt update prl and profile meaning it wouldnt let you? you should be able to update your prl and profile in this rom if it gives a funny error at first try hit home and try again fc in messaging thats a new one glad a reboot took care of it messaging wrks without pause for me sms mms no fc's i would say exactly what you just did try a reflash but keep in mind it full erases on flash so you will have to renenter all you info and restore all apps just a heads up in case you didnt already know

k I finally see what everyone talking about the thing is it wasn't doing it at first first couple pictures I selected came up but after closing and trying again now I'm getting the loading problem. you guys attached to this gallery..... Might be something I remove in next update if can't get it sorted going to try uninstalling it and reinstalling it illt report back if it fixes anything

Sent from a Sh@dow in the night
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506250

so i uninstaled with titanium reinstalled it same issue tried restoring data cause the data saved in tb for me is from stock locked and still no good still says loading after clicking on a picture.... soooooo.... here is where i stand on it if we cant find a fix i will remove it im planning on making a slimmed down version one without webtop, an a fair amount of sprint removed leaving only what really gets used (rather only what i/you use) here in the next couple weeks will be taking all the reports back in the thread and some user requests and try to make an update.zip for it so you wont lose EVERYTHING lol hate having to resetup a rom every time you flash no promises though just putting it out there
plus some of the other addons ive already mentioned maybe even removing my shadowed notifications( even though i kinda like it still has the icon click to read just seems more slick to me without all the jumble from having a ton of crap popping up to read) anywho thanks guys for trying it out and replying so far been good reviews ( imo ) only a few problems need working out

Fugitive87

Nov 12, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I love the rom, but in the notifications menu the font needs to be white to read them. Secondly what kernel would I download to overclock even more

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
I love the rom, but in the notifications menu the font needs to be white to read them. Secondly what kernel would I download to overclock even more

its black like that cause i wanted it blacked out didnt like all the clutter up there if you press and hold your finger on it you can read there is a poll the winner will have its way if/when i change it will be same color as the blue throughout the rest fo the rom
if you want to go to 1.4 just flash any of jokers blur kernels that go to 1.4 i originally had 1.4 in it but was suggested to me to use 1.3 to make sure it will boot for everyone

was going to put out update today but i got that status 6 error on it when i flashed the finalized zip so im trying to remake it but keep hitting the same wall think im going to start from scratch instead of just trying to update shadow

pintopunk

Jan 13, 2011
Cant wait loving the first release working great, keep up the good work

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

grdead25

Mar 30, 2011
Des Moines Ia
got to say i love this rom first rom i have used where my zumocast works wich is awsome. Going to be staying here for a while. I have the roaming issue but i will just wait for the updated version that fixes it. thanks again for the awsome rom

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

it would also be great if we could get some options on button remamaping getting diffrent functions from holding the buttons like on cm7

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Request.

1.Make 1% of the battery
2.Fix it galery

Thx.

battery should be in 1% is on my end
Gallery I removed it in my update that uploading right now my suggestion is download quickpic free in market or use the other gallery included in ROM think its called gallery 3d until it gets fixed

got to say i love this rom first rom i have used where my zumocast works wich is awsome. Going to be staying here for a while. I have the roaming issue but i will just wait for the updated version that fixes it. thanks again for the awsome rom

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

it would also be great if we could get some options on button remamaping getting diffrent functions from holding the buttons like on cm7

Am reading up on that going to Try and implement the cm7 power button menu and the swipe to clear notifications will see though still learning
the roaming thing I'm really not sure have you flashed a different kernel also cab try putting in Sprint only in wireless settings and in 4636 menu then try update prl and profile then restart see if that helps can always put it back in automatic after trying if you are set in automatic and also if your proxies are erased can try reentering them maybe might help

Sent from a Sh@dow in the night
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506250

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
i like this new update, but i keep getting force closes on social network. im not even using it and it keep force closing

Have you setup any accounts for it? Like facebook or twitter try clearing data and removing the accounts and putting them back also the generic response try fxing permissions and rebooting. Also can try clearing dalvick cache ill look into it though but let me know if any of that works also hate to say but can try a reflash will wipe everything if you do just fyi in case you didnt know.......

Have you looked at buildprop what you think? Just curious

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
i like this new update, but i keep getting force closes on social network. im not even using it and it keep force closing

Just checked social networking on a fresh flash i put in my info for twitter and facebook had no issues didnt want to sync anything until i added my google info too but i had no fc

If you are coming from a fresh install after first boot go into recovery and fix permissions seems to be a cure all so far with mist issues i've run into

pintopunk

Jan 13, 2011
(If you are coming from a fresh install after first boot go into recovery and fix permissions seems to be a cure all so far with mist issues i've run into.)
I ran for about a day with sluggish internet wierd quarky behavior and reread the instructions of install, once i fixed permission this thing flies with no hiccups something so small is so frustrating if u skip it
Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Reactions: spleef

Fugitive87

Nov 12, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Wiped caches and fixed permissions and it still force closes, im just going to do a clean install.

And just a request, could you put a stock browser option on the next rom, im not a fan of this one

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello folks let me introduce you to Sh@dow rom

WHAT IS SHADOW ROM????
    -a motorola photon rom based off of rocko2.0 deodexed unlocked by RockoDev (ed hidalgo)
    -has jokers latest 1.3 kernel
    -ive taken a theme i made in the uot kitchen with the framework and systemui of Rockodev's Rocko rom with motempo's quantum theme then i incorporated it into the rom including:fonts, boot animation, blue icons and blacked out notification bar changed things up quite a bit (once you try it you will know what i mean)
    -ive added several tweaks to this rom other than the tweaks ed already added:
    -added speedy v7 by overmind
    -zep's v6 and 3g
    -blue sleep fix by turl?? not sure if thats who made this or if it truly works but ive added it (once i know i will give the proper credit)
    -set flow control to 7 and added the atrix lib file swap by motcher
    -waterdrop fix by moonzbabysh
    -notification toggles by rangerbry
    -Themed framework and toggles from motempo (thanks motempo)
    -multiple touch mod by seanzscreams
    -includes lokis webtop+ 1.2.0-174
    -changed max events to 200
    -wifi scan to 180
    -vm heap to 80m
    -also added titanium backup(free version) for quicker restore
    -added jokers app and shabbys app for quick references
    -added xda(free version) well lets just say where would we be without it
    -big thanks to all these people who made alot of these mods ive just incorporated them into one package with a little twist of my own
    made using sam cripp's rom factory (thanks sam!) if I haven't given you credit for something considered your work
    Please pm me and I will give proper credits don't want to step on any toes thanks again

INSTRUCTIONS:
    -please first and foremost make a nandroid backup
    -secondly make sure you are unlocked rooted and running romracers cwm 5.0.2.7-photon3(color doesnt matter)
    -download zip
    -boot into recovery wipedata/factory reset
    -wipe cache
    -wipe dalvick cache
    -navigate to where you downloaded the zip to
    -install zip
    -after zip installs will tell you to format data and cache (do not forget to do this)
    -reboot phone let it boot most likely will be a long boot
    A. if phone bootloops or boots then reboots pull battery put it back in go into recovery fix permissions reboot
    B. if doesnt boot good thing you made that back up (you did make a back up right?)
    -once phone boots successfully i would highly suggest fixing permissions in recovery or in rom manager(not included)
    -enjoy your new Sh@dow rom hope you guys like it

please leave feedback on your experience from install to daily use need to know what needs fixing since it runs without any issue on my end

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Sh@dow 1.0:
    file size 476.79mb (sorry so big but tons of mods and addons)
    md5: 2ecc880d6e6f2f77a2d5227ed27d1846
    and here it is FINALLY!!!

Sh@dowEvolved:
    file size: 473.49 MB
    md5: 11294005a5ff64f3bce05424ae82456a

Sh@dowEvolved2.0:
    file size:347.76mb
    Md5: 205bedcc9b0ba426a6722993b809bb53

* follow same instructions as listed above and please make a back up before flashing this and above all enjoy!

sh@dowevolvedchangelog:
    2/23/2012
    -removed the wonky gallery
    -removed sprint wallet, sprint world, a few other bloats
    -used buildprop mashup by balltoungeas a basis to make some more changes in the buildprop (tell me what you think about this one please)
    -stock launcherpro now instead of ed's themed one
    -no xda app (sad)
    2/26/212
    -removed webtop
    -removed tons of bloat very slim now
    -added jokersax1.4 kernel
    -changed a few more lines in buildprop

TO DO'S:
    edit themes some more
    theme blurphone apk
    theme market
    theme xda
    theme contacts image in contacts list
    theme launcherpro(coming next update, put default lp in rom now since im about to theme it)
    change settings images
    add the unthrottle mod by motcher (HUGE MAYBE)
    add reboot option
    incorporate mash-up build prop by balltounge(done! incorporated into sh@dowEvolved)
    change boot logo (HUGE MAYBE)
    update kernel and mods as they get updated and approved for addition
    more mods as we all discover them

also attached a zip of some wallpapers i use maybe you like maybe you wont enjoy it either way (a few are xxx so use discretion)
    Didnt wipe after installing just before. I will try again when i get home. Need a working phone for the drive.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

after flashing it you have to format data and cache if you ship this step it wont work

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536161
    Looks great i ran it last night and ran good no problems

Very nice! Any plans for a locked version?

if i can get help figuring out i will make versions for locked photons and electrifies and thats a big if on the IF i can figure it out

Looks great i ran it last night and ran good no problems

thanks so much ed for all your help
    Hey spleef, i know you have alot going on right now but i flashed this this am to check it out and i noticed a couple of issues. The text color in the notification drop sown and i some menus is hared to read cause of the color. Other than that everything seems to be running sweet.

Sent from a Sh@dow of a MoPho

yeah thats the shadow effect I was trying to black out the not bar.... if you hold your finger on the notification you can read it.... thanks I use this to update profile and prl..... glad you like it... it was my first ROM....lol

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536161