[Q] Google Play Music Outside US

Search This thread

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013
I really want to use the ''play from cloud'' feature, so I don't fill up my whole sd card with music.
If I use US Proxy to log in, and download the software, am I good to go without messing around with proxy/vpn anymore?
(Music app is international, no need to set up vpn on phone I think)

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I really want to use the ''play from cloud'' feature, so I don't fill up my whole sd card with music.
If I use US Proxy to log in, and download the software, am I good to go without messing around with proxy/vpn anymore?

What country are you trying to use Google Music from? If you use a U.S. based proxy to download the Google Music Manager software and set it up you should be good to go and shouldn't need the proxy after everything has been initially setup. I would recommend checking out this guide on how to setup Google Music outside the U.S. http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/19/how-to-use-google-music-from-anywhere-yes-outside-of-the-unit/. Also Google has expanded its list of Google Music supported countries to include Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, and United Kingdom. Let me know if you still have questions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Reactions: binaryfalcon

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013
What country are you trying to use Google Music from? If you use a U.S. based proxy to download the Google Music Manager software and set it up you should be good to go and shouldn't need the proxy after everything has been initially setup. I would recommend checking out this guide on how to setup Google Music outside the U.S. http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/19/how-to-use-google-music-from-anywhere-yes-outside-of-the-unit/. Also Google has expanded its list of Google Music supported countries to include Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain, and United Kingdom. Let me know if you still have questions.

Alright, two more questions:
Is this legal? What I mean by that is this against google tos?
Also, using vpn/proxy to log in, is it safe to log in with my google account? Should I change password afterwards?

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Also, using vpn/proxy to log in, is it safe to log in with my google account? Should I change password afterwards?

As far as legality is concerned I must disclaim that I am not a lawyer. Doing this is not illegal but it may violate Google's Terms of Service (I have no read the full Terms of Service) but they are unlikely do anything about it as many people who want to use Google Music outside the countries that are officially supported use this method. Regarding your question about is it safe to login with your Google account, there is always some amount of risk when using a proxy but overall you should be ok when using this method and shouldn't need to change your password after. You can change your password after if it makes you feel more secure, I always respect when people have privacy concerns :). Also sorry for not getting back to you sooner I was out with my family for the day.

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013
As far as legality is concerned I must disclaim that I am not a lawyer. Doing this is not illegal but it may violate Google's Terms of Service (I have no read the full Terms of Service) but they are unlikely do anything about it as many people who want to use Google Music outside the countries that are officially supported use this method. Regarding your question about is it safe to login with your Google account, there is always some amount of risk when using a proxy but overall you should be ok when using this method and shouldn't need to change your password after. You can change your password after if it makes you feel more secure, I always respect when people have privacy concerns :). Also sorry for not getting back to you sooner I was out with my family for the day.

That's alright. I'm really unsure if I want to do this, I don't think security will be a very big problem (using https) + changing password before and after. Although will I be able to use google music on my phone without vpn? Can I upload music without proxy after this? Only thing keeping me away is if its against google tos

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
That's alright. I'm really unsure if I want to do this, I don't think security will be a very big problem (using https) + changing password before and after. Although will I be able to use google music on my phone without vpn? Can I upload music without proxy after this? Only thing keeping me away is if its against google tos

Once you set this up then you don't have to worry about using the proxy anymore, and don't need to setup a proxy on your phone. Yes, you can upload music without the proxy after the proxy is just for initial setup. For the terms of service I just did a quick look and yes technically it does violate the Google terms of service for Play Services such as Google Music. The following quote is from the Google Play terms of service in the Music on Google Play section:

7. Music on Google Play
Geographic Restrictions. The Music Locker Services and Music Products are currently available only in some countries. You agree that you will not present any false, inaccurate or misleading information in an effort to misrepresent yourself as a resident of a supported country, and you will not attempt to circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Music Locker Services or Music Products.

What country are you trying to access Google Play Music from?

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013
Once you set this up then you don't have to worry about using the proxy anymore, and don't need to setup a proxy on your phone. Yes, you can upload music without the proxy after the proxy is just for initial setup. For the terms of service I just did a quick look and yes technically it does violate the Google terms of service for Play Services such as Google Music. The following quote is from the Google Play terms of service in the Music on Google Play section:

Norway,

and thanks a lot for taking a look in the TOS. I'm just afraid that the service will never come here. I think I will stay out if it, with the security issues and violating the tos. But thank you, this was really helpful.

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013

I was thinking.. If I were to take a trip to one of those countries Google Play Music is available, would I manage to ''unlock'' the service there? Also would it violate TOS then?

shimp208

Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I was thinking.. If I were to take a trip to one of those countries Google Play Music is available, would I manage to ''unlock'' the service there? Also would it violate TOS then?

If you singed into your Google account while connected to a internet network in one of those countries then yes it should unlock it and you should be able to use it. And that should not violate the Terms of Service as you would be in one the countries where the service is officially supported which is acceptable use :good:.

binaryfalcon

Jun 20, 2013
If you singed into your Google account while connected to a internet network in one of those countries then yes it should unlock it and you should be able to use it. And that should not violate the Terms of Service as you would be in one the countries where the service is officially supported which is acceptable use :good:.

time to order flight tickets XD

jfrubiom

Sep 23, 2011
Lima
I try the same too.
My brother are in USA, and he install teamviewer in his laptop, I connect to this laptop trought teamviewer and browse "http://play.google.com/music", and receive the message "Google Play Music are avaialable in certain countries...."
But... I try with other gmail account and works... then... I dont understand why not works with my first gmail account :S

bnycastro

I live in the Philippines (Asia)

Google Play is limited to Apps & Books in my country (as you guys know unlike iTunes you cannot change your country w/ your Google Account)

So I have been using an old Google Apps account (admin'd by my friend) + strongVPN + Entropay credit card -- yesterday 6-Feb-2014 I suddenly lost access to Play Music even w/ VPN on. I contacted my friend and he did not do anything to our Google Apps account. So it seems Google switched us to Asia/Philippines (?). I cleared payment methods on this and logged out.

I connected to VPN (USA server) on my device, created a new google account, and I got access back but now, when I add an Entropay VCC it is not working. I get an error and the transaction is canceled - I have tried the MSFT zip code trick, the Entropay zip code trick and both are not working :(

So right now I am stumped. I can upload music & stream to iOS/Android via the Play Music App but cannot purchase content.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

7. Music on Google Play
    Geographic Restrictions. The Music Locker Services and Music Products are currently available only in some countries. You agree that you will not present any false, inaccurate or misleading information in an effort to misrepresent yourself as a resident of a supported country, and you will not attempt to circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Music Locker Services or Music Products.