SD Card Fix questions

Search This thread

Pashovski

Dec 22, 2013
Brooklyn
I found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672393 , and where it says:

"Make sure file tmo_kk_extsd_fix.zip is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE"

My questions are:

How do I get it to my internal SD Card - I'm assuming I have to flash it in Odin, since you can't just copy/paste thru the phone via the PC?

Do I have to format the card first?

I have twrp, do i need PHILZ recovery?

I am rooted and using Wicked 4.4.2

Last edited:

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
I found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672393 , and where it says:

"Make sure file tmo_kk_extsd_fix.zip is in your Internal SD Card (Phone's Internal Memory < < < DO NOT UNZIP THIS FILE, SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE IT IN YOUR PHONE"

My questions are:

How do I get it to my internal SD Card - I'm assuming I have to flash it in Odin, since you can't just copy/paste thru the phone via the PC?

Do I have to format the card first?

I have twrp, do i need PHILZ recovery?

I am rooted and using Wicked 4.4.2

Why can't you copy and paste from the comp? I can. That or take your SD card out and use an adapter.

SM-N900T: Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

Pashovski

Dec 22, 2013
Brooklyn
Why can't you copy and paste from the comp? I can. That or take your SD card out and use an adapter.

SM-N900T: Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

Oh okay. So you're saying there's nothing wrong with taking a micro sd reader and copying it that way? I thought I would have to format it first, but if not that's great

edit :

Why can't you copy and paste from the comp? I can.

Okay I just powered off the phone and connected it to the PC and I definitely can not copy and paste files to it, let alone the SD card

Last edited:

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
> How do I get it to my internal SD Card

If you are on the device downloading then it will go to '/storage/emulated/0/Download'. '0' is the internal SD card. Just copy it up one directory so it will be at the top level of the SD card.

If it is on your PC you can put it there through MTP -- the Windows directory 'N900T/Phone' -- or through ADB. ADB requires that it is enabled on the device in 'Settings-->Developer Options' (search 'enable developer options'). Then on the PC in a command prompt window:

adb push "whatever the file is" /storage/emulated/0

Then you boot into TWRP, hit the button 'Install', explore to the file you put on the SD card. After seeing the nice explorer in TWRP you'll know that you could have saved the zip just about anywhere, like the Download directory.

Frank

Reactions: Pashovski

Pashovski

Dec 22, 2013
Brooklyn
If you are on the device downloading then it will go to '/storage/emulated/0/Download'. '0' is the internal SD card. Just copy it up one directory so it will be at the top level of the SD card.
Then you boot into TWRP, hit the button 'Install', explore to the file you put on the SD card. After seeing the nice explorer in TWRP you'll know that you could have saved the zip just about anywhere, like the Download directory.

Frank
Thanks!

Sorry if Im being super thick, but when you say "internal SD card" do you mean the internal storage, and not the Micro SD card? Because if I put the Micro SD card in the GN3 it says "blank SD card". After downloading the file and going to TWRP my options of select storage are:

Internal Storage (19580MB)
Micro SDcard (0MB)
USB Storage (0MB)

I can only select internal storage. So should I just install it from internal storage?

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
... when you say "internal SD card" do you mean the internal storage, and not the Micro SD card?
Yes.

AKA: SDCARD, internal sdcard, '/sdcard', fixed sdcard, non-removable sdcard , external sdcard .

Micro SDcard (0MB)
AKA: Removable sdcard, external sdcard.

Note that both have 'external sdcard'. Originally 'sdcard' was for the phone (not on your list) and they added a fixed 'external sdcard' for shared storage and the 'sdcard' was known as an internal sdcard. Then when they added a removable sdcard the term 'external sdcard' began to cause confusion. People thought of the removable sdcard as an external sdcard, so the external sdcard was thought to be the internal sdcard.

The ability exists for there to be multiple removable sdcards so be prepared for more confusion.

I can only select internal storage. So should I just install it from internal storage?
Yes.

This message was edited after being posted.

Frank

Last edited:
Reactions: Pashovski

Pashovski

Dec 22, 2013
Brooklyn
Yes.

AKA: SDCARD, internal sdcard, '/sdcard', fixed sdcard, non-removable sdcard , external sdcard .

Micro SDcard (0MB)

Note that both have 'external sdcard'. Originally 'sdcard' was for the phone (not on your list) and they added a fixed 'external sdcard' for shared storage. Then when they added the a removable sdcard the term 'external sdcard' began to cause confusion.

Yes.

Frank
Thanks.

I did it then rebooted. Now I get an endless loop of Blank Card/Mount/Format/Erasing , and then it goes right back to blank/unmounted. Brand New Card too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    > How do I get it to my internal SD Card

If it is on your PC you can put it there through MTP -- the Windows directory 'N900T/Phone' -- or through ADB. ADB requires that it is enabled on the device in 'Settings-->Developer Options' (search 'enable developer options'). Then on the PC in a command prompt window:

adb push "whatever the file is" /storage/emulated/0

Frank
    ... when you say "internal SD card" do you mean the internal storage, and not the Micro SD card?
    Yes.

Micro SDcard (0MB)

Note that both have 'external sdcard'. Originally 'sdcard' was for the phone (not on your list) and they added a fixed 'external sdcard' for shared storage and the 'sdcard' was known as an internal sdcard. Then when they added a removable sdcard the term 'external sdcard' began to cause confusion. People thought of the removable sdcard as an external sdcard, so the external sdcard was thought to be the internal sdcard.

The ability exists for there to be multiple removable sdcards so be prepared for more confusion.

Yes.

Frank