** [GUIDE] FIX AND RESCUE YOUR VIBRICK + ODIN SUPPORT! N00b Friendly **

Search This thread

skinzy98

May 30, 2012
Hi guys!

Please help me I tried the first method and it didn't work, plus all the links are broken so I had to find other ones.

I downloaded Odin3 v1.85
I downloaded a 512 pit file named s1_odin_20100512.pit from the link above that ferhanmm posted.
I downloaded the firmware from samfirmware for the I9000M, as I have a Canadian Bell Vibrant, which is not the same as the T-Mobile one. It's a GT-I9000M model.

I couldn't find any mirrors for the files mentioned on the first page so I didn't bother:
"ALL 3 Files plues the root update.zip"

I loaded Odin. Loaded the PIT, Loaded the image under "PDA". I unchecked Repartition and clicked START

The process passed, and my phone rebooted and went into that like recovery mode on it's own, it looked like it was unpacking some stuff, then the screen came down and had a bunch of options. I selected reboot phone now.

Before doing this, I noticed something in red near the bottom stating something about a failure to mount something.

I tried the first process because upon pluggin in my phone, the battery indicator comes up. Upon trying to boot the phone it would show the Samsung GT-I9000 screen, but that would shut off and it would go back to the Battery screen.

Now after the first flash, I'm back where I was when I started messing with this phone about a year ago when it died on me. I get to the animated Samsung Galaxy S boot screen that continuously loops.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to get this phone working for my girlfriend who just had her iPhone 4s stolen and can't afford to get a new one :(

Once you Odin. You HAVE to have the update.zip file on your phone. You then cut the phone off. Now hold the power+volume up+ volume down. The galaxy s screen will come on hold it until galaxy s screen flashes then pops up again. Once this happens let go of the buttons. You will then click install packages. It will install the packages. You will the. Probably have to click reinstall packages. Then it will take you to cwm. Here you can flash rooms kernels and other files that you want on your device :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app

ne[m]o

Jan 14, 2011
When I press the power button I am given a screen of black background with orange/red font with these words:

RST_STAT =0x1
PWIC_IRQ1=0x3c
PWIC_IRQ2=0x0
PWIC_IRQ3=0x0
PWIC_IRQ4=0x0
PWIC_STATUS1=0xc0
PWIC_STATUS2=0x2c

Okay what happened was, that I was in download mode, I had Odin3, with re-partition checked (all three were checked), and a pit with eclair 2.1 target. But I forgot to set PDA target and clicked start. After it said PASS and blue in first box. The status bar at the lower left box said REMOVED. So I thought it meant to remove my phone. So I removed phone and closed ODIN. Now it won't boot...

Any advice?

**I have been making several attempts to get to downloader mode so I may ODIN it back up again, but all have been unsuccessful.

Also read other threads on JIG and boot-up opitions, but those seem to require to be stuck in the carrier icon part of the bootup.

krazierokz

Jan 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Have you tried turning your computer off and rebooting then use a different USB port take out the battery sim and micro SD out leave for 5 min then just the battery put it back in Do not turn it on ...then while holding both volume up and down same time then reconnecting the device?

sent from N.A.S.A powered Vibrant :D lol

kdkd008

Dec 3, 2012
Need help!

I thought there's no fix to a phone which is really BRICKED? oh well, everything's possible at this time. :)

Hi,

I bought this phone off of CL a few days ago. I rebooted it because it was being unresponsive and very slow. It never started back up and so I put it in Download mode and tried flashing the stock firmware for it but it failed. I tried again in a different USB port and it flashed PASS. The problem is all I see now is a huge empty battery sign and then it disappears for a few seconds then shows back up again over and over. Have you ever seen anything like this? Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Khalid

Attachments

• IMG_20121211_145955.jpg
    IMG_20121211_145955.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

skinzy98

May 30, 2012
Hi,

I bought this phone off of CL a few days ago. I rebooted it because it was being unresponsive and very slow. It never started back up and so I put it in Download mode and tried flashing the stock firmware for it but it failed. I tried again in a different USB port and it flashed PASS. The problem is all I see now is a huge empty battery sign and then it disappears for a few seconds then shows back up again over and over. Have you ever seen anything like this? Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Khalid

OK this may sound stupid but try unplugging it and rebooting. And also did you make sure all of the correct files were selected on odin

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Also is that a front facing camera if so then that's probably your problem because that's the vibrant four g

Reactions: samsgun357

kdkd008

Dec 3, 2012
OK this may sound stupid but try unplugging it and rebooting. And also did you make sure all of the correct files were selected on odin

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Also is that a front facing camera if so then that's probably your problem because that's the vibrant four g

I've tried that but just to be sure, can you direct me to the correct files? Myabe I'm flashing it in the wrong way? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

skinzy98

May 30, 2012
No it shouldn't this I'd for the vibtanynpnly

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

napalm393

Dec 29, 2010
i was on cm 10, then my phone stopped turning on, so i followed these steps to get the phone back to stock android, and it still wont turn completely on. i think my boot loader may be messed up? i have no idea.

when i press the power button, first thing i see is "Samsung galaxy gt -I9000" then a screen that says "Vibrant" then screen turns black and nothing happens. i know its strange that it says gt - i9000 but thats what it used to be with the cm 10 roms.

i get to the download screen by holding volume up + power button. i can not get to recovery which used to be volume down + power button.

please help!

fishman0919

Sep 18, 2009
Providence, RI
i was on cm 10, then my phone stopped turning on, so i followed these steps to get the phone back to stock android, and it still wont turn completely on. i think my boot loader may be messed up? i have no idea.

when i press the power button, first thing i see is "Samsung galaxy gt -I9000" then a screen that says "Vibrant" then screen turns black and nothing happens. i know its strange that it says gt - i9000 but thats what it used to be with the cm 10 roms.

i get to the download screen by holding volume up + power button. i can not get to recovery which used to be volume down + power button.

please help!

You need to flash the "Stock Bootloader" then flash stock "JFD" with Odin.... make sure "Re-partition"" IS checked

Bootloader - View attachment vibrant_froyo.tar.zip] - unzip and flash with Odin per directions for Bootloader.

JFD - LINK - make sure "Re-partition"" IS checked

napalm393

Dec 29, 2010
thanks for the reply.
so first time i tried to flash the boot loader i put vibrant_froyo.tar.md5 in the "bootloader" section and flashed it, and it said it worked. upon reading the instructions more carefully, i realized that i should have put it in the pda section. so when i go and do that, i get this error:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Vibrant_Froyo.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Can't open the specified file. (Line: 1813)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

i do not get this error if i leave "re-partition" unchecked, operation completes but phone does not boot up, its just stuck at the "Vibrant" logo.
bootloader instructions i found from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117990

please help!

Last edited:

juan_carlos__007

Jul 24, 2012
If anybody has trouble getting odin to recognize the phone and work correctly, the method that worked for me is the following. First of all run odin in administrator mode. Then after odin is running with battery removed hold volume up and down buttons and insert usb then the battery and odin should recognize the phone right away then just put tha pda and pit folder and should work fine.

Reactions: binniebin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixing so-called "Bricks"/Odin Errors
    This guide is open to contribution/editing/correcting :D
    I DO REALIZE THAT MOST OF THESE LINKS ARE BROKEN, PLEASE SCAN THE THREAD TO FIND UPDATED LINK. I'M NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, SORRY!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOOT CYCLE
    This is where you get the annoying Samsung Screen/Galaxy S screen.

DOWNLOAD REQUIRED (CREDITS TO Woodrube):
    JFD ODIN Images from Samsung (PDA)
    Stock JFD Image

512 PIT File (PIT Extract first!)
    Stock 512Pit

ODIN
    Odin3_v1.0.exe.zip

1. Get into Download Mode (WITH THE PHONE PLUGGED IN) by following the steps below
    *Turn off the phone until you get to the charging battery screen (keep in mind, your phone is currently PLUGGED IN)
    *Press volume up and down, and power all at once.
    *As soon as the screen turns black, release your power button.

2. Unplug phone from USB

3. Open Odin (in Administrator if you're running W7 or Vista), try one of the ones I attached to this post, at least one of them is bound to work, some don't work for me, but works for others, some doesn't work for others, but works for me, whatever floats your boat :)

4. Load in the files into Odin that you have downloaded from above :D Just load in the files corresponding to the text field.

DO NOT CHECK REPARTITION.

5. Plug in your phone with the DL mode :)

6. Click start and wait for the magic :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO-BOOT PHONES
    This is where your phone does NOT turn on, no combo of buttons works and power button does nothing.
    DO THIS ONLY WHEN YOU PLUG IN YOUR PHONE AND NOTHING SHOWS UP ON THE SCREEN!!! If else, follow the steps from above.

This method is basically same as above, EXCEPT the way you get into Download Mode as your phone is HARD BROKEN.

1. Download all the files required in the "
    BOOT CYCLE" section of this post.

2. Remove everything from your phone (SD card, sim, battery).

3. Plug your phone into your computer WITHOUT the battery, as you have already taken it out in the last step.

4. Press and HOLD vol. up and vol. down.

5. As you are HOLDING these buttons, reattach your battery.

6. You should be in Download Mode.

7. Unplug phone from USB

8. Follow steps 4-8 from the
    "BOOT CYCLE" section.

Troubleshooting:
    -Odin stuck at some random process?
    *Switch to another odin
    *Make sure you did NOT check repartition, if you did, just repeat all the steps over again, except for the downloading parts, obviously.

-Phone not responsive?
    *Try "
    NO-BOOT PHONES"section of this guide

-Phone stuck at Galaxy S logo screen?
    *Put it in to DL mode, and run Odin again, it's just a bad install.

-All three ODIN is nonfunctional, stuck or giving "FAILED" errors?
    *DO NOT CLOSE ODIN ONCE IT HAS FAILED!
    *Unplug your phone
    *Replug in your phone, get it into DL mode

* Unplug once it is in DL mode
    *Replug and ODIN should recognize your phone
    *Leave all the settings the same, then click "Start" again.

-Cannot get into download mode using the method I listed? Use the method(s) below:
    Soldering Method
    More methods coming soon

I know how much of a pain posting in the Q/A section can be and the wait time is pretty bad, so if you need help regarding UNBRICKING and ONLY UNBRICKING feel free to post in here.

Hope you enjoy, this is my first guide, please don't flame. Any comments or suggestion is suggest, or if you have your own method I'll also post it :D

POST YOUR RESULTS! :D
    -Steven
    The only forums this guide should be posted on is XDA, DZ, and PHANDROID under the username DRAIKZ and EXPLOSIVE. If it helped you, feel free to donate a coke or two! :)

please help!

You need to flash the "Stock Bootloader" then flash stock "JFD" with Odin.... make sure "Re-partition"" IS checked

Bootloader - View attachment vibrant_froyo.tar.zip] - unzip and flash with Odin per directions for Bootloader.

JFD - LINK - make sure "Re-partition"" IS checked
    Does anyone have any mirrors? None of the links seem to be working for me

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

These might work - http://androidspin.com/2010/08/09/how-to-restore-or-recover-your-samsung-vibrant/
    Google helped to find another source of the file with the dead link.

http://www.multiupload.com/IFSJECTS3L
    Unbricked my phone! (slight modification of procedure)

Thanks for the wonderful post. It didn't work at once, but with many trial-and-error I got it back. Here's my story:

My Vibrant was bricked on the process of ROM Manger / clockwork recovery incident where I was trying to go back to a backup point. At first, I could go at least to the recovery menu, but after I failed odin3 once, it wouldn't even go to download mode, and started showing phone-!-computer symbol.

According to this guide, and many other guides for unbricking, I could enter download mode by removing battery and plugging in to USB, and plugging the battery back while pressing vol up and down. However, every time I tried to flash back the pin+pda file via odin (versions 1.0, 1.3, 1.57, 1.7), it would fail (fail 1/success 0).

I was in despair, but I found a way around it finally. The key is to NOT UNPLUG THE USB CABLE AFTER MAKING IT DOWNLOAD mode, and directly start odin. Then it worked like a charm, and I am back to stock.

Final configuration:
    1. Driver: Samsung_USB_driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe 18,948kb (19402320 bytes)
    2. OS: Windows XP
    3. Odin 3 v1.7
    4. PIT and PDA files from this post

Hope this helps somebody.