(TOOL) Perma-Temp Root with *R/W* & Stable!

Search This thread

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
Thanks goes to #TeamWin for Temp Root

This is For Windows only, if you wish to make it work for linux or mac help your self...

Remember, This is still a Temp Root & any Changes made will be Rest back to stock on a Reboot

It's stable & works 100%
I Personally have not lost Root with this new Method

Q. I thought RW was Fixed?
A. Caused by Deleting an apk / file that was already deleted. Journaling shows it still there!
Keep Track of what you delete, as trying to delete something off system that you alread di hangs the /system into RO state.

Before Using!!
HTC Sync Must be Turned OFF

Put the Phone into Charge Mode only ( Not Disk Drive )

USB Debugging Must be Turned on

What's Fixed:
Revamped due to new Method:
~ Superuser Apps now Function
~ :) If you Lose Root, all you have to do is Open terminal & type SU then type fixit! > No More Rebooting & running the exploit again for R/W on system to get Root back in place :)
~ Fixed R/O Bug!!
~ R/W is now Forced
~ /system is fully editable now! until reboot that is.
~ Busybox is installed to /vendor/bin
~ hex Edited libext4
~ hex edited libfuse.so
~~ This is the Last Update due to it working & Stable ~~

Download for RW HTC Sensation 4G:

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Download for RW HTC Evo 3D:

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Download for RW HTC Flyer 16GB/32GB:

Download for RW HTC Evo View:

Q. Is this permanent?
A. no, it's a temp root method..

Q. Will I lose SU Access at some point while running the OS?
A. You might, but open terminal & type fixit to get root back!.

Q. What about apps that need a reboot to use superuser?

A. Use Fast Reboot form the market for app that need a reboot..

Q. Can I push & remove items to system & will it work?
A. Yes, but all changes are reset on a reboot.

Once Downloaded, Unzip & double click on the Run_ME_fre3vo_Root.bat File & Enjoy long lasting Root!

OLD NEWS:

Everyone knows that currently with any temp root, you still lose links to the SU Binary & Busybox links, it's just a matter of time before it happens!!

So after digging around somewhat I found an over sight that HTC might use later for system updates via /vendor/bin, who knows at this point though... Anyways, after amount of time the SU Binary along with busybox links if be in system/bin or /system/xbin gets deleted / removed..

Now, what I did was enable the $Path to /vendor/bin which is in the Sensation export PATH..
Any Calls made from this point either be SU or Busybox don't get deleted nor touched from any App requesting the SU Binary!! I've tested this with alot of apps & the Root sticks in place..

Other than Reboot, it might as well be a Perma-Temp-Root!!

Last edited:

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
Downloading now!!! Can't wait to test it!

***EDIT***

Rooted perfectly, opened and closed Titanium Backup several times with no force closes or loss of su, Barnacle is perfect, Wireless tether is granted su but the kernel doesn't support it, screenshot gained su also but the screenshots were smeared colors. Drocap2 takes perfect screenies though. Gonna try a few more root apps before bed and play some more when I wake up to verify it lasts.

Last edited:

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks goes to #TeamWin for Temp Root!!!

Everyone knows that currently with any temp root, you still lose links to the SU Binary & Busybox links, it's just a matter of time before it happens!!

So after digging around somewhat I found an over sight that HTC might use later for system updates via /vendor/bin, who knows at this point though... Anyways, after amount of time the SU Binary along with busybox links if be in system/bin or /system/xbin gets deleted / removed..

Now, what I did was enable the $Path to /vendor/bin which is in the Sensation & Evo 3D export PATH..
Any Calls made from this point either be SU or Busybox don't get deleted nor touched from any App requesting the SU Binary!! I've tested this with alot of apps & the Root sticks in place..

This is For Windows only, if you wish to make it work for linux or mac help your self...

If you have trouble with the Superuser.apk, uninstall first & reboot then run the .bat file again..

What is installed?
Busybox w/ symlinks
Superuser.apk
SU Binary
Fre3vo
sqlite3

What's Removed?
slackerradio.apk
TMOUS_Navigator.apk
Transfer-pyramid-8.30.0.26-S30.apk
Protips.apk
IdleScreen_Stock.apk
HtcTipWidget.apk
com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
FusionStockWidget.apk
Stock.apk

So without further ado, the link!
http://www.multiupload.com/LBEYIFVD58

Once Downloaded, Unzip & double click on the Run_ME_fre3vo_Root.bat File & Enjoy long lasting Root!

Last edited by Eugene373; Today at 05:51 AM.

Is there any chance u can edit the script or tell me how to edit it so it doesn't remove anything. Thanks.

Shigster

Jun 9, 2010
perfect works great!!! Managed to restore TB! Will try out wifi tethering right now and other su required apps! Thank you! <3

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
I guess I don't understand.

How is removing anything from /system/app gonna stick?

k2buckley

Sep 24, 2010
This worked perfect for me. No problems with it. Wifi tether won't work for me, but barnacle tether works perfectly. Drocap2 is taking perfect screen shots for me as well, where as before the images would be all distorted and what not.

Reactions: hockeyfamily737

megatron-g1

Jul 2, 2011
Made some changes to the .bat since I don't necessarily want to disable all of that yet, but it works, this is the longest superuser has worked for me so far on the EVO 3D.

Shigster

Jun 9, 2010
This worked perfect for me. No problems with it. Wifi tether won't work for me, but barnacle tether works perfectly. Drocap2 is taking perfect screen shots for me as well, where as before the images would be all distorted and what not.

How'd you get Barnacle to work?

EDIT:

Sorry my tablet doesn't read Ad-Hoc >_>

Last edited:

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
Is anybody able to root the E3D with this method? I tried twice and it failed both times. I will do again by restart my pc and E3D.

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
So, it will not stick as said, right?

Not through a full reboot....no you will have to run the batch file again (even says so in the OP). However, the other root methods would crash periodically even without a reboot or would last but not give you access to the majority of your root apps. This is the closest yet to a feasible root solution.

N

ndraiden

mine doesnt get past daemon started successfully i have usb debugging on

lowetax

Aug 31, 2010
Jersey Shore (NJ)
so if i downloaded and installed some apps that require root,
and i reboot, what happens to them ?
they will work after running the bat file again ?
or they will have to be installed again to work properly ?
thanks !

EDIT: i haven't done my due diligence (searching and reading)
but it's 5 am :) so i'll ask ...

what works for screen capture and for wireless tethering ?

Last edited:

k2buckley

Sep 24, 2010
so if i downloaded and installed some apps that require root,
and i reboot, what happens to them ?
they will work after running the bat file again ?
or they will have to be installed again to work properly ?
thanks !

They will work after running the .bat file again. You shouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall them. Super User may need to be uninstalled before running the .bat file again, if it gives you any force closes.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Reactions: lowetax

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks goes to #TeamWin for Temp Root

Remember, This is still a Temp Root & any Changes made will be Rest back to stock on a Reboot

It's stable & works 100%
    I Personally have not lost Root with this new Method

Q. I thought RW was Fixed?
    A. Caused by Deleting an apk / file that was already deleted. Journaling shows it still there!
    Keep Track of what you delete, as trying to delete something off system that you alread di hangs the /system into RO state.

Before Using!!
    HTC Sync Must be Turned OFF

Put the Phone into Charge Mode only ( Not Disk Drive )

USB Debugging Must be Turned on

What's Fixed:
    Revamped due to new Method:
    ~ Superuser Apps now Function
    ~ :) If you Lose Root, all you have to do is Open terminal & type SU then type fixit! > No More Rebooting & running the exploit again for R/W on system to get Root back in place :)
    ~ Fixed R/O Bug!!
    ~ R/W is now Forced
    ~ /system is fully editable now! until reboot that is.
    ~ Busybox is installed to /vendor/bin
    ~ hex Edited libext4
    ~ hex edited libfuse.so
    ~~ This is the Last Update due to it working & Stable ~~

Download for RW HTC Sensation 4G:

Download for RW HTC Evo 3D:

Download for RW HTC Flyer 16GB/32GB:

Download for RW HTC Evo View:

Q. Is this permanent?
    A. no, it's a temp root method..

Q. Will I lose SU Access at some point while running the OS?
    A. You might, but open terminal & type fixit to get root back!.

Q. What about apps that need a reboot to use superuser?

A. Use Fast Reboot form the market for app that need a reboot..

Q. Can I push & remove items to system & will it work?
    A. Yes, but all changes are reset on a reboot.

OLD NEWS:

Now, what I did was enable the $Path to /vendor/bin which is in the Sensation export PATH..

Okay.. Lets see if I can clear up a Few Question some might have regarding this!!

1. Yes it's still a temp Root

2. The Reason why I used /vendor/bin is due to it being in the export $PATH like /system/bin & /system/xbin is, so you can still type su or make calls to the su binary without issues as if it was in the export path of /system/bin or /system/xbin.. ( If you're not familiar with how export $PATH work on Linux, a quick Google search will help. )

4. The Reason we Lose Root ( Su binary & Busybox symlinks ) is once the System say TIME-OUT & remounts as R/O we lose everything. However with /vendor/bin we avoid this situation all together, there for keeping SU & Busybox intact & working.

5. Yes removing the App's are only temporary, but I did it to help clean the clutter apps I don't use.

6. The .bat file is nothing more that a text file, so you can edit / remove / Add as you see fit for your device liking.

Like I said, I hope to see others start using vendor/bin & I only found this solution by Poking around & honestly I'm sure somebody would have found this work around sooner or later..

Until then, Happy Rooting.
    ~Eugene
    Perma-temp Root is now Fully fixed without losing Superuser nor Su Binary + all Superuser apps now work 100% Still temporary root though.

Posting Update after I put my boy to sleep... Working for both Sensation 4G & EVO 3D!

~Eugene
    Downloading now!!! Can't wait to test it!

***EDIT***

Rooted perfectly, opened and closed Titanium Backup several times with no force closes or loss of su, Barnacle is perfect, Wireless tether is granted su but the kernel doesn't support it, screenshot gained su also but the screenshots were smeared colors. Drocap2 takes perfect screenies though. Gonna try a few more root apps before bed and play some more when I wake up to verify it lasts.
    Adapted for Linux...

Hey Eugene!

Thanks so much for this! I've adapted your batch script for Linux, just changed it to a shell script (also removed the bloatware killing portions -- the user can do that if they so wish).

So Linux users, make sure you have adb in your PATH before you begin:

1. Download attached archive and unzip into a folder
    2. Enter folder, chmod +x new_ROOT.sh
    3. ./new_ROOT.sh
    4. Profit!