[IDEA] Finding unlock codes..D2G!

Search This thread

seijidinzuala

Mar 30, 2012
Mizoram
vocaloidian.tk
As u all can see,I'm a newbie here and also in android...A few weeks ago,I bought a Motorola Droid 2 Global from ebay,but it was locked,i've search many forums and can't find a way to unlock it manually,i did know that it was possible to unlock it with unlock codes supplied by verizon and other 3rd party vendors,and of course,the amazing turbo sim..But still the unlocking issue is one of the major problem in almost all of the mobile forums..

I've known that softwares have been developed for SGS and SGS2 to find the unlock codes,but why not for D2G??...is it harder than other phones?? I don't know anything about it,but I've some ideas to have the unlock code.This may sound stupid to the great developers,but I just want to share my ideas :

1.Since the unlock codes provided by verizon and some vendors work even in the place where verizon network does not reach,this made me believe that the unlock codes must be somewhere inside the phone(firmware etc.) to match the unlock codes that we typed in,so maybe there might be a possible to find it like we did in SGS2 with an app developed by Cainfire and Odin.

2.Brutal force : As i'm actually not a developer,i don't know how to create or develop an application..please don't expect me to do this..lol :D..Will a delevoper be able program an application that can risk out the unlock code like that of a facebook hacker do it by a method called brutal force..as far as i know,the unlock code used to be 8 digits,and so that app wud risk all the 8 digit number till the correct one comes..

These are just my stupid idea,I shared them hoping that someone someday wud be able to develop the application...Thanks!!

Last edited:

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
The unlock code is “stored” in baseband's memory. It's also not stored in some “plaintext” form; when you input the correct code, it gets saved into that memory area and the algorithm that verifies the code tells the baseband “yeah, it's alright to register on all those other networks”. The unlock code isn't compared to its “correct” copy, rather, it's input into an equation, and if that equation works out, it's considered correct.

There is no way to handle the code input box with some application. It happens inside the Blur framework (and sure enough you cannot input the unlock code if you aren't running stock firmware). Moreover, there's a significant delay on code verification, and after a certain number of attempts it blocks for 10 hours. 8 digits is 99 999 999, i.e. 99M possible values. Let's say you get 100 attempts (well, it's actually 10) before it locks out for 10 hours. So even if you manage to get an app to enter the code, this means you'll need 1 000 000 * 10 hours = 10 million hours to unlock. That's 416667 days. 1141.5 years. Are you ready to wait a thousand years while your device is looking for the right code?

silver6054

Nov 16, 2010
Be fair! You are assuming you have to try all combinations, on average it is only half, so we are talking about a much more reasonable 570 years.

(Of course, if we revert to 10 rather than 100, it becomes 2,850 years). This is ignoring input time between the ten hour lockouts, but that is probably negligible.

seijidinzuala

Mar 30, 2012
Mizoram
vocaloidian.tk
The unlock code is “stored” in baseband's memory. It's also not stored in some “plaintext” form; when you input the correct code, it gets saved into that memory area and the algorithm that verifies the code tells the baseband “yeah, it's alright to register on all those other networks”. The unlock code isn't compared to its “correct” copy, rather, it's input into an equation, and if that equation works out, it's considered correct.

There is no way to handle the code input box with some application. It happens inside the Blur framework (and sure enough you cannot input the unlock code if you aren't running stock firmware). Moreover, there's a significant delay on code verification, and after a certain number of attempts it blocks for 10 hours. 8 digits is 99 999 999, i.e. 99M possible values. Let's say you get 100 attempts (well, it's actually 10) before it locks out for 10 hours. So even if you manage to get an app to enter the code, this means you'll need 1 000 000 * 10 hours = 10 million hours to unlock. That's 416667 days. 1141.5 years. Are you ready to wait a thousand years while your device is looking for the right code?

sir,is it possible to alter or hack the baseband,like they did in iphone??