TF300 Screen Protectors

Search This thread

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point

HungLu

Mar 1, 2011
I bought my TF300T from Microcenter on May 2nd, 2012 for 349.99. Today I get my HandHeldItems screen protector and try to install it and find out that my TF300t already has a screen proctector. Did I bought an used/refurbished one or TF300t came with screen protector ? Thank you.:mad:

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
I ordered this one here as a temporary protection until a high quality dry install type becomes available. Steinhall, Rearth Ringbo, etc. I noticed this post at the Transformer forum, but it was deleted and doesnt show up on their site either. Ive used Zaggs, skinomis, armor shields, greatshield, ringbo, and several others and the best one was a Rearth Ringbo that I had for a galaxy tab 2. Im really hoping they make one for the 300.

mike5335

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I bought my TF300T from Microcenter on May 2nd, 2012 for 349.99. Today I get my HandHeldItems screen protector and try to install it and find out that my TF300t already has a screen proctector. Did I bought an used/refurbished one or TF300t came with screen protector ? Thank you.:mad:

Mine certainly didn't come with a screen protector and neither did the ones that the folks in this forum are sharing screen protector reviews about. I think it is probably too fast to get a refurb unit turned around (although I don't know that for sure).

Perhaps a chat with the microcenter folks is in order?

Mike
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Mine certainly didn't come with a screen protector and neither did the ones that the folks in this forum are sharing screen protector reviews about. I think it is probably too fast to get a refurb unit turned around (although I don't know that for sure).

Perhaps a chat with the microcenter folks is in order?

Mike
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA
Mike that's a good point, my thought is a little different. I wonder if HungLu is aware that ALL units are sent with a static screen protector. It is not a everyday protector, it is only meant for shipping.

HungLu

Mar 1, 2011
I meant that the unit already have a kind of crystal clear screen protector installed, not the shipping wrap. Today I will go to talk to Microcenter folks. If you said it's too early to have refurb so it could be an open box, or returned or used for display.
Thank you very much for your input.

mfratella

Oct 7, 2011
When I received mine from Amazon, there was no shipping protector on it at all and there were fingerprints on it. The box itself looked like it was factory sealed, however. Strange.

jericko

Dec 8, 2009
I installed the XtremeGuard on mine (and my wife's). I really belive all the "wet" shields are the same (read they are made by 3M). XtremeGuard is only $8.99 shipped on ebay, and I have them on 2 HP Touchpads and really like them. After a bit of use (maybe a few weeks) they loose their slight rubber feel and become more like glass.

HungLu

Mar 1, 2011
I just came back from Microcenter. The technicien told me that if the box is sealed that's mean it comes from the manufacturer. But he agree to exchange another one.
I agree to lost my $16 screen protector. Open the new box, it seems that the manufacturer did install it own screen protector (there is a gap between the screen and the rim all around, I remember when I remove the wrongly screen protector of the old one, there is no gap between it). Check for yourself. You will know when you install your screen protector because the manufacturer one will have some pop up buble like I did ! I don't think we can install 2 layer of screen protectors one on top of the other. I learn a cheap lesson only $16 ! Thank you.
Edited.
Now I am confused when I look carefully at the eye of the front camera, I don't see any elevation of the screen protector layer.
So I don't know if there is a manufacturer preinstalled screen protector or not until I install my screen protector which I have to order it again. By chance if you install your screen protector and didn't see any popup buble(s) that means there is no pre installed screen protector. Thank you

Last edited:

mfratella

Oct 7, 2011
Looks like my ArmorSuit was delivered to work yesterday evening after I left. Can't wait to get there today and try it out. I'll post my results. I've got a mesh capacitive stylus coming too, which I'm hoping will drop the friction coefficient down.

mfratella

Oct 7, 2011
Just installed...not looking good...there are streaks on the adhesive side...as though dirty water has dried. I'm going to give it overnight and see what it looks like in the morning.

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
I ordered this one here as a temporary protection until a high quality dry install type becomes available. Steinhall, Rearth Ringbo, etc. I noticed this post at the Transformer forum, but it was deleted and doesnt show up on their site either. Ive used Zaggs, skinomis, armor shields, greatshield, ringbo, and several others and the best one was a Rearth Ringbo that I had for a galaxy tab 2. Im really hoping they make one for the 300.

UPDATE: I received the Kayes screen protector today and decided to update so others could know whats its like. I immediately noticed that the corners didnt look right, and that the holes for the camera and light sensor looked like they were cutout using a paper hole punch. Im pretty sure that this was designed for a different product then cut to fit the 300. It came in a generic package with nowhere saying asus tf300. Anyway like I said this was always intended to be a temporary protection until a better option becomes available. It installed fairly easy, a little dust here and there, but good enough to protect the screen for now. Overall its a good cheap way to protect your screen, not the best quality, but ok for now. Ive attached a few pics to show the corners and hole cutouts.

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 359
  • IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 335
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 333

init_dot_t

Apr 12, 2011
OH
I too got an armor suit today and the install was horrible.. as of now it doesnt look half bad ill see how it turns out in the next couple days.. Im gonna keep it on regardless as it is doing its job but if it turns up looking bad ill replace it here down the road

Bodymore420

Nov 13, 2011
My $.02... I bought a tf300t new from a reputable online retailer. It arrived in a sealed OEM box. The tab had a clear plastic cover on it with the usual writing on it to let you know which ports were which and touting the display resolution. After opening, there were no finger prints or pre-installed screen protecters. It was brand spanking newwww. I'll be looking at getting the Zagg invisible shield because I've used that brand for my a500 for almost a year and it has worked flawlessly.

init_dot_t

Apr 12, 2011
OH
For those of you using the dock what screen protector are you using? Im jw bc the armor suit i applied is making it extremely difficult to connect to the dock.

cdrshm

Apr 3, 2010
When I received mine from Amazon, there was no shipping protector on it at all and there were fingerprints on it. The box itself looked like it was factory sealed, however. Strange.

That is similar to the "NEW" one i bought from Amazon. There was no static screen protector like i expected, but didn't notice any finger prints... however i went to ASUS.com to register my TF for warrenty purposes and found out the SN had already been registered?

Have you registered yet?

I will update when i hear back from ASUS

Cdrshm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just ordered these here from Amazon. The first seller I ordered from kept delaying the shipping even though it said it was in stock. So I canceled it and ordered the same one from another seller. Ill update this when I get it.

Got my screen protectors today. Ill update this post when I have one installed.

Update: I received and installed my new Acase brand screen protector today. Heres my amazon review if anyones interested.

Heres a couple pics. Really love these. You can actually peel these up and remove dust, etc from underneath and it will reseal no problem. I have a method now of getting dust, etc out that works very well.
    Nothing else will work with the TF300 unfortunately.

I've been researching like crazy and think I've narrowed it down to:

Zagg
    Stenheil
    XtremeGuard

Those seem to get the best reviews. I'm really looking for:

same feeling as naked screen
    optimal clarity
    mitigates fingerprints
    I bought the xtremeguard one on ebay for 8.99 It fits great. The one I got isn't anti-glare though. One thing that kind bothers me, since I have never used a screen protection before, is that my fingers don't glide as easily as in the glass, it shows a bit of resistance. But I guess I just got to get used to that. I have not seen a reduction in screen sensitivity as of yet, but my dagi stylus kinda sucks now with the screen protector T_T since its plastic on plastic the resistance is really bad.

This will pass eventually from wear, on my zune hd i used to have an invisible shield which is a similiar kind of wet apply soft protector, and eventually the center part wore down enough to where it was like a hard plastic protector.

You bring up a good point though that i forgot to mention, i've used matte hard protectors, clear hard protectors, and soft wet apply films and my adonit jot still works best on a naked screen, though the matte hard protector had more of a paper resistance to it and the clear and naked both were much smoother.

Szpaner: the touchscreen sensitivity for me was largely the same between a clear hard protector and matte hard protector, i wasn't able to glide as well with the wet apply film so i wasn't able to gauge properly how sensitive it was compared to the other two.

mfratella: a light coat of rain-x on the naked screen helps make it much easier to wipe clean, i can breathe on it once or twice and the condensation is good enough to clear the whole screen. Even with the matte hard protectors which are supposed to be designed to be anti-fingerprint, they will still show up eventually from the oils in your finger, those spots will end up being a little more transparent so you'd have to wipe anyway, though in my experience the matte ones are the easiest to wipe, i used to just use my sleeve and give it a once over and it was all clean.
    Did we ever get a consensus on what the best screen protector is?

One they haven't made yet. You'll never get consensus... it's like asking what the best case is.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    I have the same question. It seems that I read about this on another forum. I use the dock a lot and have not put a protector on yet because I heard there are very few that actually work with the dock and a very thin type is needed. Any info. from any one would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get this thing protected!

Im still using my armor suit with the dock just being very gentle when docking and undocking it.. Only thing is that the padding on the dock connector made a mark on the screen protector but def not on the screen itself due to the fact its a very light mark on a thick protector.