Otterbox + heat

Search This thread

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
Anyone else using an otterbox have a problem where the touchscreen goes all wonkey after the screen is on and gets hot?

I am about to cut the screen protector out and put a stickon one in its place

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

poncespr

Jul 22, 2007
Vega Baja
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Anyone else using an otterbox have a problem where the touchscreen goes all wonkey after the screen is on and gets hot?

No overheating problems here but I just ordered some cheap screen protectors to do the same. Touch screen is not nearly as responsive with that thick piece of plastic on it. Have an Atrix 4G with a Ballistic HC with the same problem. Touch screen behaving funky until I removed the built in SP. I do think that removing the screen protector on the Vivid OBox will make it a little loose. It is already a bit creaky so we will see. This i the first Otterbox I am not happy with :/

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010

I have this problem when I put my phone in my pocket without turning the screen off. The screen heats and the pixels wash out. Normal, as far as I'm concerned, since it happens most days and reverts after 5 minutes.

nielp96

Sep 17, 2010
ovideo
Strange I am using the commuter otterbox none so ever had any heating issue

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using Tapatalk 2