Gallery app Picasa/Google+ sync is broken here.

Search This thread

dandar

Apr 18, 2011
Does anyone know how to fix it? Apparently there is no stock gallery apk on this phone, only one for vzw with link to their cloud backup services which are a paid option. Conveniently for vzw the picasa/google+ sync is broken.

bigbarrel

Jun 15, 2009
I would like to know how to fix this too. Use Google+ as a workaround to get at your web albums.

koftheworld

Jun 9, 2010
Central NJ

msjohnson2868

Jan 30, 2011
Oglethorpe, GA
Does anyone know how to fix it? Apparently there is no stock gallery apk on this phone, only one for vzw with link to their cloud backup services which are a paid option. Conveniently for vzw the picasa/google+ sync is broken.

Success!

Rooted, copied the stock ICS gallery apk to system/app, renamed Motgallery2.apk to Motgallery2.apk.old, renamed stock OCS gallery to Motgallery2.apk, and VOILA. Works like a charm.

Root method from XDA

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943851

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dandar

afmracer6

Oct 13, 2010
RENO NEVADA
Last edited:

jacomoman

Jun 4, 2010
thanks for this! worked perfect
i used ES file explorer. went to settings and enabled all the root settings.
then just copy and paste. hit me up if you have questions!

You can't download from there.what you have to do is dl the linked https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7niZuqLJUYnQWwtQWZWek10M0Uapk, move to /system/app, change permissions to rw-r-r and then reboot.

Yes, definitely thanks for this. It worked great for me as well. The only additional thing I did (not sure if I had to, but just to be safe) I also changed the file ownership to root:root. After copying the ownership was something like system:sdcard_rw. So since the ownership on the original file was root:root I figured not to take any chances and change the renamed file ownership to the same thing.

What a thing for Verizon to do. I swear, if they had any serious competition they couldn't pull crap like this.

galpdawg

Feb 9, 2010
Yes, definitely thanks for this. It worked great for me as well. The only additional thing I did (not sure if I had to, but just to be safe) I also changed the file ownership to root:root. After copying the ownership was something like system:sdcard_rw. So since the ownership on the original file was root:root I figured not to take any chances and change the renamed file ownership to the same thing.

What a thing for Verizon to do. I swear, if they had any serious competition they couldn't pull crap like this.

can someone help me i downloaded a srtock gallery apk. changed the permissions and renamed but apk wont install and the gallery keeps crashing

sheriffdude

Mar 14, 2011
root

thanks for this! worked perfect
i used ES file explorer. went to settings and enabled all the root settings.
then just copy and paste. hit me up if you have questions!

hi do i have to have phone rooted to do this just got it new so not rooted yet if not how do i move it to system as thats not showing up in files .had my old defy rooted on jellybean but not kean on this 1 just being new as i no you cant get skygo when rooted not that we can get it anyway as it says rooted even when its not ..or iplayer or candy cruch ....still love the phone so far ...i have the razor i ..and this gallery will not install from where i have it

koftheworld

Jun 9, 2010
Central NJ
hi do i have to have phone rooted to do this just got it new so not rooted yet if not how do i move it to system as thats not showing up in files .had my old defy rooted on jellybean but not kean on this 1 just being new as i no you cant get skygo when rooted not that we can get it anyway as it says rooted even when its not ..or iplayer or candy cruch ....still love the phone so far ...i have the razor i ..and this gallery will not install from where i have it

You have to be rooted to access the system area... btw why are you posting here if you have a razr I?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts