[Q] Problem with kitkat ROM

Search This thread

Vitorsousa_20

Apr 29, 2014
Hi, i recentry rooted my samsung s3 mini for installing the new kitkat rom.
So, i followed the steps, saved the new ROM on my external sd card and formated the system.
The problem is this: when i was browsing the zip file with the ROM on the costume recovery menu (I have ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.7), a message appears saying "no files found".
So now I can´t reebot my phone beacause it has no OS and I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
So, i followed the steps, saved the new ROM on my external sd card and formated the system.
The problem is this: when i was browsing the zip file with the ROM on the costume recovery menu (I have ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.7), a message appears saying "no files found".
So now I can´t reebot my phone beacause it has no OS and I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Never, ever format the system.

If you're on stock just do that:
1-Reboot in recovery
2-Choose Wipe data/factory reset
3-Flash cm rom
4-Flash gapps
5-Reboot
Done, that's it.

If you want to update cm roms (or any rom):
1-Reboot in recovery
2-Flash cm update
3-Choose Wipe cache & dalvik cache
4-Reboot
Done.

You don't need to mess up with anything more.

P.S. better use twrp 2.7 from novafusion, for better compatibility.

Reactions: Vitorsousa_20

Vitorsousa_20

Apr 29, 2014

1-Reboot in recovery
3-Flash cm rom
4-Flash gapps
5-Reboot
Done, that's it.

1-Reboot in recovery
2-Flash cm update
4-Reboot
Done.

Thanks but it still doesn't work. I want to flash the rom but the rom file its in the external sd card and it says that there are no files found. And when i hook up the phone to my pc the phone is detected, however I can´t acess the sd card.
Maybe if there's a way for me to acess the ext. sd card and change the rom file for the internal memory it would work. Do you know how can i do this?

armadiljo

Apr 5, 2014
Leut-Maasmechelen
Thanks but it still doesn't work. I want to flash the rom but the rom file its in the external sd card and it says that there are no files found. And when i hook up the phone to my pc the phone is detected, however I can´t access the sd card.
Maybe if there's a way for me to acess the ext. sd card and change the rom file for the internal memory it would work. Do you know how can i do this?

Euhm, it might be a weird idea, but you take your external SD-card, put it in your card reader, connect the card reader to your pc, and copy the zip to (let's say) the root of the SD-card ;)

CWM should be fine, but I'm used to TWRP. You can find it on the novafusion website. (search novafusion TWRP)

If you can't boot into CWM or TWRP, or files still don't show up on the browsermodule in the recovery rom, you still have the possibility to flash your ROM using odin. Check the installation guide on novafusion, it gives you a link to all the files you need and a detailed description how to install your rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

1-Reboot in recovery
    3-Flash cm rom
    4-Flash gapps
    5-Reboot
    Done, that's it.

1-Reboot in recovery
    2-Flash cm update
    4-Reboot
    Done.