Admob - sudden drop

Search This thread

jalle007

Jan 2, 2013
I don'0t know if I am the only one but Admob
is giving me a lot of headache last days.

First, my apps were never transferred to the new admob so I have old Admob showing 7 apps while new one has only 1..
Has anyone has noticed similar in his account?

Second, in past two days my app installs, and profit (all realted to very low eCPM) drop about 5 times.
My eCPM from from 5$ (I know it was very high already) to 0,5$

I see many of you have some kind of problems with Admob but has anyone find solutions for them ?

kamau

Jun 13, 2008
Nairobi
Seeing the same thing on my end. A massive drop from at least $5 per day to now doing around $0.15 per day. This started on May 6th 2014, no idea what's going on.

Booink

Jul 28, 2010
Hmm? I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary, but if apps are disappearing from your dashboard, try using the contact form at the upgrade guide. I'd link it here if I could, but XDA's spam filter kills my links to Google support.

1. Google for the keywords: "admob upgrade guide", the link you need is on support dot google dot com, answer id 3077517
  2. Ctrl-F for Troubleshoot upgrade issue
  3. Click a few answers, then you'll get a link with the text: "Please complete this form and provide details regarding the upgrade issues you're experiencing."

Good luck. Google is kinda hard to contact but they do reply when you fill in a form properly.

S1Droid

Apr 24, 2014
Did you see the same drop in other AdNetworks as well?

You should keep an eye on how well your ads network are doing.
Some might do better for you than others.

This can be done manually or using AdBoost that shows you comparative performance graphs.
Just google revenue adboost, second result.
That piece of art is what we're working on in my working place :)

simplychoose

Jul 18, 2014
Have you upgraded to new Admob? New admob gives better income. My admob earnings increase a bit after upgraded.

Paulie Pham

Aug 12, 2015
Ha Noi
I encountered the same incident too but 2 days after my things comes back to normal. The incident made me wonder: "should I always depend on Admob?".
So I decide to combine several Ad networks. It works. And I realize something about Admob:
Pros: It is reliable and has huge users database. Admob is backed by Google - a prestigious corporation who tracks every steps of anyone who use its service.
Cons:
- Its eCPM is low (I don't know exactly why but everytime I try another Ad network, they outperform Admob in terms of eCPM. I guess that Admob know it has advantages over competitors when it comes to reputation and users database, so It charge advertisers and publishers more)
- Its ban users more frequently & it's nearly impossible to get the explanation from them. (Some of my friends' accounts got banned because Google thinks they was cheating, while infact he didn't. It was very difficult for him to reach Google support to recover his accounts).

After combining Admob and with Airpush, Leadbolt, StartApp, ChartBoost, I end up with Adsota - a lesser known ad network. Adsota is an has much higher eCPM, 100% fill-rate, variousa ads format, and swift payment. You can find it by googling "ads.appota".

Best of luck, mate!