[Q] Screen burn-in??

Search This thread

bryank930

Sep 5, 2007
Milwaukee
On my brothers captivate when anything really light is displayed, I noticed that I can still see the numbers from the clock in the notification bar. This shows up on the ATT boot animation screen too.

Anybody else noticing this?

BTW: The AT&T store wouldn't do anything about it, they told him to call samsung and try to get it warrantied. If that doesn't work, he will have to pay $125 for an insurance claim to get a refurb.

a.n

Sep 22, 2010
Arkansas
I think I understand what you mean. That's strange. I don't think there's anything you can do about that other than having Samsung look at it. Hopefully it will go away or something and you'll save a few bucks. If he hasn't had it long, Samsung should fix it for him without him having to pay for anything, unless they find that your brother caused it to happen. Just call them and ask about it.

Samsung customer support - 1.800.726.7864

BoostedSR20

Bringing this thread back because I also have burn in problems and didn't want to make a new thread.

Since I was using the early versions of NoLed, my phone used to sit at night plugged in, and get notifications. In the early version you couldn't time it out, so the phone would sit all night with the "battery fully charged" box in the middle of a black screen. I didn't think OLED screens would have problems, but its burned in.

Is there any thing you can do to work it out? (similar to the programs that can sometimes un-stick a pixel on an LCD monitor)