[17.11.2012][PORT] Opera Mobile 10 for WP7 - FullUnlock/Root Tools Unlock

Search This thread

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
So long term, if the hard work was put in, it would potentially be possible to create a WM6 emulation layer, akin to Wine on Linux? ....
Generally, yes, but just like wine, it won't support everything.

One interesting fact about native apps porting: not fullscreen windows get scaled up to fullscreen size. It is one of limitations... we can work it around I think.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
yes, red.
But can someone add some button for rotation?
or
Let run Opera not in native code ?

Thanks for info.

Its a WM program, i believe WP has a completely different set of APIs available, you cant make Opera 10 work on WP without using an emulator unless you rewrite and compile it for WP

Im going to hazzard a guess and say that perhaps screen rotation isnt working because the needed WM APIs dont exist on WP meaning the emulator would need updating, which probably isnt very easy.

Opera aside, i get the feeling this could be something very big!

anon1811

Jul 31, 2011
other ports?

Now since Opera Mobile works so good on WP7, though it's not even open source, I wonder if it's easier to port open source applications, like ScummVM or PocketDjvu? ScummVM runs on more than 20 different platforms, but unfortunately not on WP7. It certainly doesn't use the registry, since it's just a zipfile for Windows and Windows Mobile.
PocketDjvu runs on Windows Mobile solely, but the cab only has 412 kb and the installed program consists of a single .exe file with 1,06 MB (In case of PocketDjVu, I'm not sure about registry keys needed, but I couldn't find any, it seems to run "portable", too). Just asking, because for me these are the only two useful programs with no pendant on WP7.

fiinix

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2010
Stockholm
Opera for "normal"-unlocked devices

First of i want to say thanks for getting to this special Opera moment. Great! Really appreciate your job.

I see in you code that you call "CreateProcess(Opera10-armv4i.exe, 0, out result, out handle);" and that specific method can only be executed on unlocked (policy free systems), preventing me as "normal" user not to run, and get "INVALID_EXE_SIGNATURE" (not errorcode "0" as of S_OK, that you want).

I do see that the exe is not recompiled (Opera10-armv4i.exe) (build date: Mars 17 2010), due it has a MS code signing. But that's not important.

From what i see that can be done, is to invoke "exe entrypoint" from DllImport caller, like this: ASMNativeMethods.Create<Action>("Opera10-armv4i.exe", "start (need more reverse engineering here)")();

To get this to work, the only hope is from within Opera itself, not requiring to "advanced dependencies" (like opening file here, there, everywhere) (file policy). Altho this can be configured in config.

The launch-layout probably would look like this:
- Taskhost.exe app://{guid} (WP7 C# entrypoint)
- Loaded += ASMNativeMethods.Create<Action>("Opera10-armv4i.exe", "start")();
Thats it.

Willing to cooperate?

neptunex3

Sep 1, 2010
bangalore
the latest version is not working properly....whenever i try to open any web....it shows " could not connect to remote server" but i have a strong WiFI and Network connection.....my other browsers are working fine in the same time.

can you please check.

thanks

ONDR4SH3K

Nov 15, 2009
Opava
Desktop view in Opera Mobile:

In the browser address bar type opera:config
Scroll down to User preferences and click on it
Scroll to custom user agent
Type this into the text box Opera/9.80 (Linux; en) Presto/2.7.81 Version/11.00
Click save
Restart the app

Works. :) For someone, who will not redirecting to m.adress!

Reactions: barrychon

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Anyone has a video to show how it works?
check any opera mobile 10 video, they should exist i think.

Now since Opera Mobile works so good on WP7, though it's not even open source, I wonder if it's easier to port open source applications, like ScummVM or PocketDjvu? ScummVM runs on more than 20 different platforms, but unfortunately not on WP7. It certainly doesn't use the registry, since it's just a zipfile for Windows and Windows Mobile.
PocketDjvu runs on Windows Mobile solely, but the cab only has 412 kb and the installed program consists of a single .exe file with 1,06 MB (In case of PocketDjVu, I'm not sure about registry keys needed, but I couldn't find any, it seems to run "portable", too). Just asking, because for me these are the only two useful programs with no pendant on WP7.
Good idea, open source projects should be damn easy to port.

the latest version is not working properly....whenever i try to open any web....it shows " could not connect to remote server" but i have a strong WiFI and Network connection.....my other browsers are working fine in the same time.

can you please check.

thanks
Opera doesn't try to connect, only system manages internet connections. So it shouldn't be the problem with opera itself.

So is this like how opera will officially released it?
Who knows? Most likely they will port it to interoplib or something else ms will allow at that time.

Reactions: anon1811

anon1811

Jul 31, 2011
Firefox?

Is there really any benefit from porting Firefox?:confused: Now you have IE, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile. Not even a beta version of Firefox has ever been released for Windows Mobile. It is certainly no longer developed and will never reach Opera. And I guess it's something completely different, and very likely impossible, to port Windows software (Firefox desktop version) to Windows Phone.

imotz

Aug 22, 2008
he's speaking about fenec this was the mobile version of firefox but for win mobile there was only a laggi alpha.
it would makes more sense to port Iris browser than fenec.

arses

Mar 24, 2010
Thanks for your fantastic action.
Please work on bluetooth file transfer.

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
I notice u need to enable mobile view and 80% Zoom level to display webpages correctly.

if not the loading is slow or text is to small.

also appreciate if the loading screen is instant .

andthe best part is that it saves tons of battery life compared to IE by caching pages

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Opera Mobile 10 for Windows Phone 7
    FOR FULL UNLOCK AND ROOT TOOLS UNLOCK

Opera Mobile is a property of Opera Software ASA. Neither Opera Software nor the author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by using this app.

Current version of launcher is 1.5
    What's new?
    • Better interface
    • Root Tools support.
    v1.2
    • Application window gets recreated on the startup if Opera was already opened.
    • Got rid of WindowTreeUpdater, now using system functions directly.
    • Font smoothing
    • Removed some unneeded system calls.
    • Now timeout is 3 seconds.
    • Virtual keyboard (SIP) support improved
    Rotation support wasn't implemented in this version. Windows Phone 7 API doesn't support it in fully native apps.

Q&A
    What is it?
    That's Opera Mobile 10 initially built for Windows Mobile. I've just added an extra layer that makes it running.

Why does it only work on fully unlocked ROMs (like Dynamics ROM)? Isn't developer/interop unlock enough to run it? Can it work with Root Tools?
    Developer unlock will let you install xap. Interop unlock will let inbuilt interop library work. Full unlock or Root Tools unlock will let Opera native exe run.

Which ROMs should I use?
    Almost all custom ROMs (based on either Dynamics or DFT) or stock ROMs compatible with WP7 Root Tools.

What's countdown made for?
    Press "Stop" and check.

When I press "Stop", there is a "Delete internal opera folders" button. Why is it here? I can delete this app like any other WP application...
    The reason is that Opera launcher goes beyond the standard isolated store. For example, it creates "\Program Files\Opera Mobile 10" folder. Also it adds some absent libraries to \Windows\.
    If you delete Opera launcher "like any other WP application", folders beyond the sandbox will still stay there. So, use "Delete internal Opera folders" button wisely :)

I have problems with starting it up...
    If it Opera launcher's window doesn't appear at all, it means you have no Interop Unlock.
    If it throws an error with "Check your unlock state" in the end, it means your unlock isn't enough for running native executables/copying files.
    Anyway, you shouldn't post about it here. I will ignore such comments.

Opera Mini is discussed here.
    Opera Mobile got Root Tools unlock support.
    Thanks Ultra!! Nice job!

Note for people who use WP7 Root Tools 0.12 Policy Unlock: it can take 2 minutes to unlock. That is normal behavior. Just be patient and let Root Tools do the job.

Thanks Ultra, for making this compatible for users of Policy Unlock! :highfive:

Heathcliff74
    Thanx man!On Nextgen+ 2.2 works fine!
    Very speed browser , but multitouch strange works...
    Who said it is supported? Opera Mobile 10/Opera Mini 5.1 don't support it.
    Lol new update and still no g-sensor and multitouch...
    When anyone promised it? As I said few times - MULTITOUCH ISN'T SUPPORTED BY OPERA MINI/MOBILE. G-Sensor for native apps isn't easily implementable. Such implementation would have been slow as hell.