I got a galaxy tab 2 3G but it's weird

Search This thread

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
Hi guys, I just picked up a tab 2 from a reseller over here and although everything works perfectly I find several strange things about my unit.

1. Lock screen does not work at all, I tried going to settings and toyed with the lock screens, even the ones with passwords does not work. It just goes directly to your homescreen when you press the power button.

2. The box my unit came with was for a galaxy tab 7 PLUS, albeit everything was brand new and unused.

3. The back of my tab2 does not have anything inscribed on it excpet samsung and the CE0168. A sticker was attached to it with it's serial and model P3100.

4. I checked the about on my phone and status, my serial number is 000000000??? Baseband version is p3100xxlc4, build number espressorfxx-eng 4.0.3 IML74k P3100XXALC4 test-keys

5. My internal storage is showing that I have 11.87 gb available! I thought this only came in 8gb versions?

6. I installed quicksettings and my processor is showing up as ARMV7 rev 3 (v7l) Dual Core 0: 1008 Mhz 1: 1008 Mhz.

Shouldn't it be TI OMAP 4430?? (why does it show 0: 1008 mhz and 1: 1008mhz)

Again, everything works flawlessly but I am just perplexed with these details and the lock screen. You guys think I got a prototype or something?

tab1.jpg

SC20120426-083929.jpg

capture_02.png

capture_01.png

capture_03.png

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisrotolo

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
Ok i think i really did get a developer version of the tab. My apps is showing dev tools on it. I restored to factory settings already. Hmmmmm

My battery is also showing 3700 v instead of 4000 listed on the sites.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
mind us asking what you paid for it and where?

also of interest.. would you be able to do an: adb pull /system and zip it up and upload to dropbox or google drive, etc??

Thanks.

I would have kept the dev tools , etc for a while. thats just me.

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
Pics are there :)

I have no idea how to do an ADB pull but if someone could give me a noob proof step by step guide I will try. Again, everything works perfectly even calling and texting, it's just the lock screen that doesnt seem to work.

maniack56

Mar 20, 2012
Thats wierd bro.. My Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is model number GT-P3113. Also the charger is black not chrome.. it did not come with headsets, the storage is only 8gbs and the processor is a OMAP-4430.

I think u might have a mix between a "plus" and the "2"...

openloop

Jun 4, 2006
Philippines
xda-developers.com
Thats wierd bro.. My Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is model number GT-P3113. Also the charger is black not chrome.. it did not come with headsets, the storage is only 8gbs and the processor is a OMAP-4430.

I think u might have a mix between a "plus" and the "2"...

the back of that Tab doesn't have the LED flash that can be found on the tab 7 plus. you mentioned galaxy tab 2 3g. . . should the galaxy tab 2 7 only available in WIFI only?

I think it could be a case where they just re badge galaxy tab 7 plus and they put ICS on it and called it galaxy tab 2 @_@. . .It can be helpful for ICS port for galaxy tab 7 plus developers if that's the case :)

I don't know what to conclude if your lucky or not. Is it working properly? if not maybe you can return it for a proper unit (since it still covered under warranty)

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
Nope I only got it from a reseller who tells me that it's unused and was only given to him as a gift. He refuses to tell me anything else and this has no warranty.

My processor clocks in at 1.0ghz dual core so I don't know if this is faster than the ti omap one. My gpu is the same with the official one.

One thing I noticed about this unit is that it's a little sluggish opening and switching apps. Even typing on the keyboard has a slight delay. I don't know if I should classify this as normal because Im used to my galaxy s 2 which is lightning quick at just about everything.

Yeah, like you said, I don't know if I'm lucky or unfortunate with this.

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
It would be interesting to see the output captured by these programs:

The boot log:
Code:
adb shell dmesg > /tmp/dmesg.txt

The cpuinfo:
Code:
adb shell cat /proc/cpuinfo > /tmp/cpuinfo.txt

The system properties:
Code:
adb shell getprop > /tmp/props.txt

:)

Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
is your desktop OS windows? you can always download and setup android SDK to get adb, I will see if there is an easier setup.

attached my platform-tools folder minus one large .exe program

unzip cd into it and try running adb from there.

good luck

Attachments

• platform-tools.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
It would be interesting to see the output captured by these programs:

The boot log:
Code:
adb shell dmesg > /tmp/dmesg.txt

The cpuinfo:
Code:
adb shell cat /proc/cpuinfo > /tmp/cpuinfo.txt

The system properties:
Code:
adb shell getprop > /tmp/props.txt

:)

Too late guys I sold the unit and got a galaxy nexus :( I was so pissed of because it was so slow and frustrating to use

kingofthebraves

Mar 11, 2010
Manila
Sold it to a store that buys and sells so no can do: (

Sorry guys if you had posted sooner lol apparently the tab 7.7 can also do voice calls and is a Mich much more faster and responsive device than this one .

HapaBiH

Jun 22, 2011
Sarajevo
I have similar device.

GT-P3110
Kernel: 3.0.8-154857-eng se.infra-89 #1

Build number: espresswifi_xx-eng 4.0.3 IML74K P3110XXALB6 test-keys

If I can help I'll do what i can.

Will I be able to root it and install recovery like on original device?

Edit: device is quick and responsive. WiFi only, CPU ARMv7.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I just picked up a tab 2 from a reseller over here and although everything works perfectly I find several strange things about my unit.

1. Lock screen does not work at all, I tried going to settings and toyed with the lock screens, even the ones with passwords does not work. It just goes directly to your homescreen when you press the power button.

2. The box my unit came with was for a galaxy tab 7 PLUS, albeit everything was brand new and unused.

3. The back of my tab2 does not have anything inscribed on it excpet samsung and the CE0168. A sticker was attached to it with it's serial and model P3100.

4. I checked the about on my phone and status, my serial number is 000000000??? Baseband version is p3100xxlc4, build number espressorfxx-eng 4.0.3 IML74k P3100XXALC4 test-keys

5. My internal storage is showing that I have 11.87 gb available! I thought this only came in 8gb versions?

6. I installed quicksettings and my processor is showing up as ARMV7 rev 3 (v7l) Dual Core 0: 1008 Mhz 1: 1008 Mhz.

Shouldn't it be TI OMAP 4430?? (why does it show 0: 1008 mhz and 1: 1008mhz)

Again, everything works flawlessly but I am just perplexed with these details and the lock screen. You guys think I got a prototype or something?

tab1.jpg

SC20120426-083929.jpg

capture_02.png

capture_01.png

capture_03.png
    hey, this is my first post on this forum

here in Indonesia, Samsung Galaxy Tab2 is sold in 3G 16GB version
    there are no color choice, no wifi version available in Indonesia (officially)

yes, mine do have ARMv7 Dual core @1008 Mhz , PowerVR SGX540.
    but this one does not have infrared port (dvd or tv remote control fuction, as some website says), it does not have face unlock ('though yes, it's an ICS), i don't get 48 extra gigs from dropbox, but it does support voice call and video call over it's carrier network (GSM/HSPA+)
    and the type was written as GT-P3100 (Espresso)

so, my conclusion, yes yours is a legit Samsung GalaxyTab2, it's just the matter of Developer version installed on yours.
    Where can i see which processor i have.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium
    Im a noob here, so you need to tell me more specific what to to. :)

Ok thanks. I will try this when i get to my pc. :)