Nabi 2 play store????

Search This thread

bigbair45

Aug 18, 2011
Defiance
I am an experienced Android user and have rooted my OG EVO and EVO LTE with never any problems. The question I have is. How to install the Play Store on a Nabi 2? I've downloaded the .apk directly to the Nabi, installed without a hitch. When I go to open; it just closes. Not a crash or force close but just an instant close. Any ideas on how to keep it open? I watched a You Tube vid on a guy using a Nabi 1 with the Play Store and believe me. I've done everything perfectly......so please please give me some advice.

Jmp7624

Jul 10, 2011
I am an experienced Android user and have rooted my OG EVO and EVO LTE with never any problems. The question I have is. How to install the Play Store on a Nabi 2? I've downloaded the .apk directly to the Nabi, installed without a hitch. When I go to open; it just closes. Not a crash or force close but just an instant close. Any ideas on how to keep it open? I watched a You Tube vid on a guy using a Nabi 1 with the Play Store and believe me. I've done everything perfectly......so please please give me some advice.

I just bought the tablet for my niece and I am having the same problem...I also tried downloading a few apps from 4 shared and it instantly closes them also...I know its a new tablet so hopefully they will have a fix soon! Its really an amazing tablet and to have the quad core processor in it just makes it even better!

bigbair45

Aug 18, 2011
Defiance
I just bought the tablet for my niece and I am having the same problem...I also tried downloading a few apps from 4 shared and it instantly closes them also...I know its a new tablet so hopefully they will have a fix soon! Its really an amazing tablet and to have the quad core processor in it just makes it even better!

It's almost the same specs as the 7! I was blown away by it! I obviously hate the fruit company, that's why I'm here. I traded my sister a tv for my son's itouch. Since the whole trial with Samsung I almost want to throw up. So I told him that I have to sell it & his leapad. He was so excited to get his Nabi & I'm jealous! The dual modes is phenomenal & a seamless experience. All I want to do is be able to get the play store on it. Amazon runs without a hitch, at least I was able to install Appy Geek! So please someone just gimme a little advice on how to get our beloved play store.

Sent from my MEAN EVO LTE using xda app-developers app

bigbair45

Aug 18, 2011
Defiance
No I did not. I'm assuming that this is a crucial component? Would you happen to know the location of where I can grab the framework.apk?

Sent from my MEAN EVO EVO LTE using xda app-developers app

I found the .apk downloaded it on the Nabi and when I installed it, it failed and simply stated not installed. Am I going to have to wait for a root to get the play store?

terryYew

May 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY

I just got Nabi2 for my grandson and am testing it out before I wrap it and give it to him, lol. I found this info. Guess we'll have to wait for a little bit.

Post-Launch Nabi 2 Tablet FAQs

Q: Where is Google Play? How do I install it?
A. Google's Support Site:
The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Google Play is an application that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install the Google Play Store app on their devices.
If you don’t have the Google Play Store app, and your device is not listed here, that means your device is not supported for use with Google Play at this time.

There is currently no Google Play Store apk that can be sideloaded successfully onto the nabi 2 Tablet without experiencing Forced Closure when used. Fan-a-Tech Eric is working hard on a solution that will allow users to do this. When available it will be posted here on the blog.

Reactions: Izeltokatl

VitaZora

Feb 19, 2011
I just got Nabi2 for my grandson and am testing it out before I wrap it and give it to him, lol. I found this info. Guess we'll have to wait for a little bit.

The Android operating system is open source, which means that any device manufacturer is free to use Android on its devices. However, Google Play is an application that is only made available to devices that pass Google’s compatibility requirements. In addition, manufacturers must obtain a license from Google in order to install the Google Play Store app on their devices.
If you don’t have the Google Play Store app, and your device is not listed here, that means your device is not supported for use with Google Play at this time.

There is currently no Google Play Store apk that can be sideloaded successfully onto the nabi 2 Tablet without experiencing Forced Closure when used. Fan-a-Tech Eric is working hard on a solution that will allow users to do this. When available it will be posted here on the blog.

The EverythingNabi site has just posted a how-to for getting most of the Google apps installed and working on the Nabi 2. There is still an issue of force closing with the Play Store, but Music works now as well as Gmail and Youtube.

Here is the link:
http://everythingnabi.blogspot.com/p/google-apps-nabi-2-tablet.html

Reactions: Izeltokatl

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
I just found out about this tablet. Makes me wish I had an older child, as I think this may be a little too advanced for my 2 year old.

aloxotls

Nov 23, 2009
Tomball, TX
I got one for my 2yr 4 m old daughter. She uses the paint program, looks at pictures and watches Dora and yo gabba gabba on netflix. Still waiting on the play store so I can use it after she is asleep! Amazon app store works with no problems until someone comes up with a solution

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Dropline

Nov 25, 2011
I just found out about this tablet. Makes me wish I had an older child, as I think this may be a little too advanced for my 2 year old.

My 2 year old loves her Nabi2, also had a Nabi1 before she was 2. Suprised on how fast they learn to navigate the screens.
She is pretty advanced for her age, but they are setup pretty easy, so I am sure your kid would be fine if they are at least an average kid. Some kids that are slower learners may have some issues at 2.

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
I have an iPad 3 and my daughter likes playing with that. Of course, I'm hesitant to let her really get into it considering A: It's $500, B: It's MY tablet, meaning I have my own apps and stuff that I don't want her messing with, and C: Because she just LOVES touching that home key, it's hard to keep her in 1 app.

Still, the tablet does look intriguing. I think that tablet computers can be good learning tools. Hell my old kindergarten has a whole slew of iPads that they let the students use, although they have more plastic surrounding them than Joan Rivers' face so that they don't break when dropped or beaten up. And quite frankly, given how begrudgingly I picked up the iPad, the last thing I need is to bring yet ANOTHER one of them in the house. 2 iPads are enough (my wife has my old 2 and I have the new generation model.) I like to think we balance it out with 2 Samsung Android phones.

acidonyx

May 23, 2010
Philadelphia
I actually just put two of these on layaway at Walmart this Saturday. One for my 8yo stepson who's been hounding me for a tablet for about a month, and the other for my 2yo. My little guy steals my Nexus 7 all the time to play Sonic CD and even posts pictures of himself on my google+ account. You'd be amazed at how fast a child can pick up the UI on an android device, it's so intuitive. I think any child lucky enough to have parents willing to blow $200 on a "toy" for a preschooler will have a field day with the Nabi. Now I'm just hoping that we have the play store fully functional before Christmas. I've purchased almost every high end game from gta3 thru horn, and was and am planning on linking my google acct, and installing them onto the boys tablets after they open them. I really wish I could get my hands on one now so I could pull a log-cat and see what's going on when you try to install an app.

aloxotls

Nov 23, 2009
Tomball, TX
I actually just put two of these on layaway at Walmart this Saturday. One for my 8yo stepson who's been hounding me for a tablet for about a month, and the other for my 2yo. My little guy steals my Nexus 7 all the time to play Sonic CD and even posts pictures of himself on my google+ account. You'd be amazed at how fast a child can pick up the UI on an android device, it's so intuitive. I think any child lucky enough to have parents willing to blow $200 on a "toy" for a preschooler will have a field day with the Nabi. Now I'm just hoping that we have the play store fully functional before Christmas. I've purchased almost every high end game from gta3 thru horn, and was and am planning on linking my google acct, and installing them onto the boys tablets after they open them. I really wish I could get my hands on one now so I could pull a log-cat and see what's going on when you try to install an app.

You can install an app just fine, but from what I have been reading the problem is the play store and google services framework do not have root access. You can only install them on the data partition and not the system partition. We need to be able to root the Nabi to be able to get the Play Store to work. I am assuming no parent is willing to accidentally brick their child's tablet trying to do this. Does anyone even know what drivers we would use for ADB?

Dropline

Nov 25, 2011
You can install an app just fine, but from what I have been reading the problem is the play store and google services framework do not have root access. You can only install them on the data partition and not the system partition. We need to be able to root the Nabi to be able to get the Play Store to work. I am assuming no parent is willing to accidentally brick their child's tablet trying to do this. Does anyone even know what drivers we would use for ADB?

Been awhile since I messed with mine(Well hers), but I think the drivers I installed for rooting my Nexus7 also saw the Nabi2 as an ADB device. Also had a few ideas but my 2-1/2 year old would FREAK if I bricked her Nabi2. I still have a Nabi1(Already rooted) being I got the VIP Gold and was sent an email that I can keep my Nabi1 even with them sending me the Nabi2, too bad Nabi1 is not closer and I would have something to "TEST" with.

aloxotls

Nov 23, 2009
Tomball, TX
So I found a driver that I could use to for ADB and I used the universal root from Bin4ry but it was a no go. Has anyone else tried anything different to try to root their Nabi 2? Would be nice to know what has not worked so far.

Something a little off subject does anyone know how to change the default keyboard. Going in and out of Daddy mode switches the keyboard back to the Android keyboard after switching it to Swiftkey.

Ken Esq

Aug 22, 2011
Pittsfield
No such luck

Been trying the script all afternoon with a brand new Nabi 2.
Script runs, but no SU/root access.
I've done it after wipes
I've done it after entering Mom mode
I'm running the latest Nabi Update.
I also noticed after running the script that several of the apps are wiped:
Skype, Their browser, iheartradio all disappear. They're reinstalled after a complete reset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody have a fix to the screen calibration issue that happens when you root the Nabi 2 ?

Yes here, a new version on twrp. Everyone with touch problems are saying it fixed the problem

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36076102#post36076102

EDIT!!!! Update!!!!!!

New thread just for the new TWRP
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36083895#post36083895

The EverythingNabi site has just posted a how-to for getting most of the Google apps installed and working on the Nabi 2. There is still an issue of force closing with the Play Store, but Music works now as well as Gmail and Youtube.

Here is the link:
    http://everythingnabi.blogspot.com/p/google-apps-nabi-2-tablet.html
    google play

I have had success sideloading several APK app install files:

Netflix
    Flixter
    Youtube
    Storia

I also installed the google apps using method on Everything Nabi but it wasn't that useful since the apps store doesn't work.

I would try and reinstall Google apps, mine works great and haven't heard of but a few that didn't. Those reflashed the gapps and then worked. Also after you boot up, go to superuser apk in parent mode and update su file. Before you do anything else. :)