Wireless charging stoped

Search This thread

shizumie

Jan 25, 2011
Hortense
So all of a sudden my wife's dna is having problems charging wirelessly. It will charge a minute then stop a few minutes then charge a minute more, and so on. So in effect she cannot charge wirelessly any more.
I have read very little about this problem but what i have read is all hardware.
She is unlocked, rooted, s-off, viper 1.1.3 on latest radio.
Questions
1. Has anyone else saw this problem?
2. Is it fixable?
3. If not is it worth a return for a dna that could be un- un-lockable?
4. If we did replace it, do i really need to ruu, re-lock first..?... i mean if its gonna say relocked whats the point.

Signed with the blood of my DNA

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Wat kinda wireless charger is she using? I hear some r having problems

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

shizumie

Jan 25, 2011
Hortense
We have 2. A nokia from vzw. And an energizer double. My phone (dna) works fine on both. Hers did untill she got home today..

Ajj915

Jun 18, 2010
Tampa
I had problems with my Nokia Fatboy. Can't even use it anymore. Don't want to send it back either. I bought an employee edition from a friend who works for Verizon and I don't really want to get a regular one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
The Nokia's suck, same with the LG . The orb is so far perfect

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

bigpapax

Dec 1, 2011
The Nokia's suck, same with the LG . The orb is so far perfect

I had trouble with both these chargers myself. My problem however was they would both charge phone perfectly with very little heat for about 4 or 5 hours, THEN at 99% charge the phone would heat up in the next hour or two to 132 degrees F which at that point, phone shut itself off and smelled like burning plastic. Neither of the chargers would "kick out" at all, and like I said they worked perfectly to 99%, but I kept waking up to a red hot powered down phone. I suspect it was the phone, but I still believe some incompatibilities exsist. Many reports of problems with wireless charging on these phones. As far as answering the op questions, can't help much. I will try the orb one of these days.

shizumie

Jan 25, 2011
Hortense
Well.. dont really know if it is hardware anymore lol.

I factory reset. Wiped caches. Rebooted set up, restored apps and it charged fine last night. Woke up to a cool charged dna...?

Dont know why or how but hears hoping it stays this way.
Wife loves the dna, loves viper. So dont wanna risk losing it with a phone on the ota that cant be unlocked.

Thanks for all the input and help guys.