[Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

Search This thread

darchstar

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2009
[Rom] Darchdroid v2.8 "Doesn't Make Much Sense" | UV'd,OC'd, 2.6.29.6,JIT in my Pants

heres a close to exact replica of the vendor tree i use to compile cyanogenmod http://github.com/darchstar/android_vendor_htc_heroc, and here is my latest kernel source that i am currently using in my test builds http://github.com/darchstar/htc-kernel-heroc

Ok guys, to start things off, I'd like to give a bigass thanks to Toatcfh for porting the eris's .29 kernel source so that we can finally have a fully working (hardware-wise) AOSP rom on our heroes. I'd also like to thanks Cyanogen for the source to work off of.

Now, to start things off. having following my actions on xda, you guys will see that for quite some time i've been working with AOSP 2.1, getting everything to work and whatnot. And now, I think we have a fully working AOSP rom! Now, with pleasure I would like to announce the release of Darchdroid v2.7

To give background of this rom, it is an AOSP Rom built from Cyanogenmod sources (with many modifications by myself). Now this is as bare bones a Rom gets, so if you are a minimalist, this is definitely the Rom for you. Though this may be very stripped down, it still has a plethora of features. to list them, here they are:

Features

* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 2.6.29 ported by ToastCFH.
* Clean shutdown/startup system
* Just In Time dalvikvm compiler
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext partition and enable it in settings->applications
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone app enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts app enhancements from Wysie
* MMS app enhancements
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Huge collection of ringtones and audio
* Customizable Nexus live wallpaper by Chris Soyars and Cyanogen
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoBoy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to double-click on the trackball and long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* TrackBall Mods in settings
* Fullscreen or windowed Browser
* Music App overhaul by Eliot Stocker
* Launcher overhaul by AnderWebs

Now, you may be wondering how functional of a build this actually is. well, i'm proud to say this rom tackles almost all previous issues associated with AOSP. Here i'll give you a list of Does and doesn't

What Does Work :)

* 3g/evdo
* SMS
* GPS
* Jogball
* All Sensors
* Market
* Most Live Wallpapers (HW restrictions)
* Camera (5MP)
* Bluetooth (maybe audio out through calls)
* Wifi
* OpenGL
* MultiTouch
* MMS

Now, so n00bs don't come bug me, i will also detail how exactly this should be done

First Timers

1.) Root and install a recovery image, preferably the one i provide.
2.) Make a nandroid backup (can't guarantee everything will go alright for you :p)
3.) WIPE
4.) install the rom
5.) Optionally you can flash Google ****s if you want them

Upgrading?

1.) Make an nandroid
2.) flash the rom (the updater-script will backup and restore your Google ****s for you)

Now, if you possibly may havea bug or some other issue, please follow these simple guidelines

How to Report Bugs or issues (thanks Cyanogen for the copy paste :p)

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg". adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output. Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the the bugreporter whenever possible!
- Report bugs HERE if no one on these forums can help u

Now onto the good stuff.

2.8 STABLE ROM (8-4-10) No Wipe updates (Check Changelog for Changes pl0x:p)
MD5Sum: dd77cc591d872847b501904103810bcb

Google ****s (6-15-10)
MD5Sum: e36d115c5c36e263394f67c1edbf1044

Unofficial Amon_RA 1.7 (6-8-10)
MD5Sum: de3e4a450dba1fab37dbd615a4108428

v2.8 - Updated kernel to v2.6.29.6, undervolt all cpu frequencies, fixed Lockscreen Lag (thanks Netarchy) updated ADW to 1.0.1, removed JIT (see second post to reenable it), Final Darchdroid (moving all my work upstream to CyanogenMod)
v2.7 - Removed BFS, fix'd MMS (thank u xda team :) ), incorporated ADW and Spare parts settings into the mainline settings, fix'd party in ur pants bug (thanks zewt), 480p res is unstable at this moment but option is there, fix'd gps, updated kernel version.
v2.6.5 - Added BFS 316, fixed lights issue, switched to ADW Launcher, added the trackball mods back into the ROM,fixed the google ****s not backing up and restoring issue, fixed gallery rotation issue though some icons are disproportional still, built eri.xml into the frameworks
v2.6.4 - Fixed video camera, updated DSupdater, changed elastic interloper for less bouncy homescreen, added tun.ko, and added option to clear ongoing notifications (voicemail icon :) )
v2.6.3 - Fix hw3d never going to sleep issue which in turns fixes gallery app which in turn fux live wallpapers :), huge increase in speed in the launcher, more options to play with in spare parts.
v2.6.2 - revert Gallery3d to 2d (3d gallery left in for those who like it), hopefully fixed awake time, removed trackball mods, notification bar settings through spare parts, updated phone apk by Wysie, fixed gps (accurate to 8 meters)(thanks kraminc for the fix zip), added back in livewallpapers.apk, for vvm check attachments :p
v2.6.1- fixes openGL, camera now at 5 MP (thanks quietcblongs), video recording, Youtube

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 9,626
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 7,463
Last edited:

darchstar

Dec 6, 2009
consult this post if u would like to sacrifice openGL performance (ie any game that is graphics intensive, gallery3d, etc) to have live wallpapers working perfect

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6825691&postcount=73
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

for all things visual voicemail, consult this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6826737&postcount=10

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spare parts and ADW have been integrated into Android Settings. They are not missing

If u run any 3rd party launcher as default, ADW settings will no longer show up

To Enable JIT, flash the attachment from recovery, then when you boot up, go into terminal, SU, then enter jit-on

To get your 3D gallery back, follow these instructions: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?/topic/62-gallery3d2ddual-switcher-50x-ds-06072010/

To fix whatever random reboot errors you are having, check this post out: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7599811&postcount=2749

Attachments

• JIT.zip
    790.6 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
"Just when you thought you made something idiot proof, someone goes and makes a better idiot."

Last edited:

heroid007

Mar 20, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Bottom light broken!

It worked perfect with 2.6.3 in the sense the lights came on right while booting but since 2.6.4 it doesn't work! Also, I confirm it by placing my finger on the light sensor, all the bottom lights comes on! And they don't light on pressing "Menu" button while locked! I have attached the first boot log along with this post! I hope it helps!

Attachments

• logcat1.zip
    33 KB · Views: 51

darchstar

Dec 6, 2009
It worked perfect with 2.6.3 in the sense the lights came on right while booting but since 2.6.4 it doesn't work! Also, I confirm it by placing my finger on the light sensor, all the bottom lights comes on! And they don't light on pressing "Menu" button while locked! I have attached the first boot log along with this post! I hope it helps!

so, this is more like a personal request rather than they are broken, correct? the lights work, the trackball lights up, and the light sensors work as they should, but u want it to work how u like it?

getut

May 28, 2008
Can someone clarify this for me... in the ROM notes Darchstar says includes JIT. Does that mean just the capability to turn it on or is on by default? I ask because I can't find any setting to turn it on or off.

heroid007

Mar 20, 2010
Baltimore, MD
so, this is more like a personal request rather than they are broken, correct? the lights work, the trackball lights up, and the light sensors work as they should, but u want it to work how u like it?

No Darchy! The lights don't work as they worked until (and as designed) 2.6.3, the lights don't come on at all unless I keep my finger on light sensor or I am in a dark room (which is annoying since the lights will be lit as long as I am in the dark and won't time out as they should) ..... let me know if you need more logs!

Telkkar

May 2, 2010
Awesome work man.

I started using this ROM either yesterday or today (dont remember the time exactly, i was sleepy), and it is awesomefast.. I love this rom!

I'm looking forward to using 2.7.

Thanks for everyone's hard work :)

spiritcrusher33

Feb 15, 2008
kaufman tx.
So is jit still on by default? I wanted to use the update before this,, but couldnt turn jit off..( no pc, with sdk etc ) And i cant live without the xda app..etc..

is there a way to turn it off from inside the phone?

vrajpal

Jan 28, 2010
are we still not able to send sms messages over 160 chars? I know we can use handcent but it bogs down my keyboard

mcfarlan

Oct 10, 2007
North Carolina

Just an FYI...I did the upgrade about 1/2 hour ago and my lights are working fine...

Brutus2TheMax

Feb 12, 2010
Naperville, IL
Can somebody post the newest baseband version as an update zip? I noticed the screenshot was 2.42..... something or other and mine is still at 2.41.... Thanks a lot.

sariamanascar

May 27, 2010
not again....

Coming from 2.6.5

Getting soft boot loop after I wiped everything, re-partitioned SD Card, and flashed zip. Amon RA 1.7.

Please help. Really liked 2.6 once I got it working.

EDIT: For 2.6.5, you had me flash the boot.img from 2.6.4 to get it working. Do I need to do the same thing for this ROM?

Last edited:

vrajpal

Jan 28, 2010
the newest baseband version is on flipz's site geekfor.me check there and download it

feefeeboomboom

Jan 17, 2010
Fargo
not again....

Coming from 2.6.

Getting soft boot loop after I wiped everything, re-partitioned SD Card, and flashed zip. Amon RA 1.7.

Please help. Really liked 2.6 once I got it working.

hold down menu+back+power and do a hard reset.

then wipe everything. [EVERYTHING ext4, ect.]

then flash DD2.7

then flash GoogleBits.

good luck.

edit: this has the newest kernel.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My battery with this ROM still seems to drop fast compared to my stock 2.1, even with my "normal use" so far today. I'll try calibrating it probably today and see if that helps.

Also, my the phone part of my phone is acting weird. I had my brother call and leave a voice mail to test VVM, and my phone NEVER rang or even acknowledged that he called until he left the voice mail. That showed up but it still never rang or showed I had a missed call.. weird?

Well I just tested this after flashing the VVM, and it worked for me. Including ringing.

Try messing with your sound settings, ringtones, blah.

I've never had a problem with Darchdroid in that regard.
    everything working fine for me..

but VVM is the only thing i have issues with ...cuz i get the text message to my mms app as well......and i don't want to use handcent lol

who knows another fix for that?
    I Have a Question..

Every time i try to take a Picture, the Camera just Freezes Up and i says i took it but it doesn't save it, So i was wondering if it was possible to switch cameras 1. Because this camera only give 3mp And not like other cameras that give 5mp 2. If freezes up and it doesn't save the picture i took

Thankx =]

Look at the 2nd post on this thread.. try that and see what happens.
    CM 5.8 was released.. Darch, will you be updating this with the new source?