[GUIDE] Start Flashing your Galaxy R Here!

Search This thread

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
This is a comprehensive list of all guides which provide useful information and step-by-step instructions for flashing or customising your Galaxy R.

Please don't forget to hit 'thanks' on the OP of those guides that assist you in getting the most from your phone!

If you see anything that's worthwhile adding to this guide, please feel free to contact me via PM, or report the thread using the instructions below!

Contacting your Forum Moderator and Reporting Posts

Your First Port of Call before Flashing ANYTHING:

A Comprehensive Guide to ADB:

• [GUIDE] ADB Tutorial and Useful Commands (A beginner's guide to the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) command-line interface, including commonly-used commands and a walkthrough on setting up the Android SDK on your PC)

A Quick Rundown of Kernel-based CPU Governors:

• [GUIDE] CPU Governors Explained (Explains the benefits of the numerous CPU Governor types within Android. These can be set from within apps such as SetCPU and ROM Toolbox, altering the ramp-up/down behaviour of the CPU)

Getting the most from your Gingerbread (2.3.x)-based Galaxy R:

List of Firmwares of Samsung Galaxy R:
Installing (and obtaining Root access for) Ice-Cream Sandwich (4.0.x) on your Galaxy R:

Restoring a 'Stock' (Factory) Samsung ROM on your Galaxy R:

Resetting the Flash Counter and Recovering from the 'Yellow Triangle' on your Galaxy R:

Unbricking your Galaxy R and downgrading your Bootloader (Advanced):

Swapping the Internal and External Memories on your Galaxy R (for custom Recovery use):

Changing the Boot Animation on your Galaxy R:

Handy Hints for Creating your very own Custom ROMs and Mods (Advanced):

Last edited:

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Updating & Developing:

KERNELS

ROMs

- LEAKED ICS [ROM][4.0.4] TheFrankenstain^MOD 4.0.2 (Originally Posted by TheFrankenstain)

- LEAKED ICS [ROM][4.0.4][XXLQ7] SynergyRom V1 (Originally Posted by eaglerazor123)

- LEAKED ICS[ROM][AROMA] ICS 4.0.4 DEODEXED with CRT-OFF + AOSP Lockscreen (Originally Posted by pankaj88)

- GB [ROM][2.3.6][AROMA] MaZel ROM v 1.1 [XWLA4] (Originally Posted by selva.simple)

- GB [ROM][2.3.6][AROMA] NeO RoM v 3.0 [XWLA4] (Originally Posted by pankaj88)

- GB [ROM][I9103][ZCLA1]TheFrankenstain^MOD 1.1 (Developed by TheFrankenstain)

- GB [ROM][18/6][ZSLE5]©InfectedRom V2 (Originally Posted by eaglerazor123)

- GB [ROM][2.3.6] NeO RoM v 2.1 UPDATE (EDT, XLoud, Beats Audio, CRT ON) [ZSLE5] (Originally Posted by pankaj88)

- GB [ROM][2.3.6] Turkbey v10 (Originally Posted by migueldemon)

- GB [ROM][2.3.6] Anastasia ROM (Originally Posted by migueldemon)

MODs

- GB [MOD][ICS]On screen Keys and CRT off for ICS (Originally Posted by TheFrankenstein)

- GB Change Bootanimation (Originally Posted by great_manish)

IMPORTANT INFO

- GB / ICS [INFO] Secret / Service Codes / Tips for Galaxy R GT i9103 (Originally Posted by 'cooleagle')

- GB / ICS Samsung Manual: Secret I9103 Service Manual (Originally Posted by legion1911)

Last edited:

chandanbs

Vikesh buddy,

can you add a section to describe how to flash the nordic ICS rom and make rootable with ardatdat kernel? I know many of us are facing the problem of correct foolproof way of flashing this super-heavy (on system rom partition) rom.
you can include the correct odin app to use (include the link to app), gb->ics or ics->ics migration, how to make it rooted (use a hack to delete some system apps and free up space for ardatdat kernel to kick-in superuser permissions !! etc etc.. ).

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
Vikesh buddy,

can you add a section to describe how to flash the nordic ICS rom and make rootable with ardatdat kernel? I know many of us are facing the problem of correct foolproof way of flashing this super-heavy (on system rom partition) rom.
you can include the correct odin app to use (include the link to app), gb->ics or ics->ics migration, how to make it rooted (use a hack to delete some system apps and free up space for ardatdat kernel to kick-in superuser permissions !! etc etc.. ).

Successfully Flashed Stock ROM over NORDIC. Please Go through This Link for the same

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts