[Q] Q>Something like Cydia ...

Search This thread

ozal5

Jan 3, 2014
Hi ,

i rooted my phone (Nexus 4) and i want design it , but i don't know how , and i want download some tweaks and i don't know how ...

Android have something like Cydia ?

another thing you guys can give me some good tweaks ? for design and usefull ?

Last edited:

kalopop

Nov 2, 2013
Hi ,

i rooted my phone (Nexus 4) and i want design it , but i don't know how , and i want download some tweaks and i don't know how ...

Android have something like Cydia ?

another thing you guys can give me some good tweaks ? for design and usefull ?

Hello there, it may seem that I'm not the perfect answerer to your rather ignorant (because I'm sure thousands threads like yours already exist) question, but here I am trying to up my Thanks meter.

First thing you should know is that if you want something exactly like Cydia you won't find it or as in most cases it won't work nearly as good. That's why we have our specific Nexus 4 forum here on xda and luckily it is one of the most popular ones.

Before you make any attempts on tweaking, be sure to install a recovery. I highly recommend this PC/MAC tool for almost everything including installation of recoveries. There are two options - ClockWorkMod (CWM) and TeamWinRecoveryProject (TWRP)
They are very helpful if you want to flash (install) ROMs (modded versions of Android), kernels, .zip files that contain some kind of a visual or non-visual tweak, and recovering your phone.

From here on you can install a custom ROM (for visual tweaks Paranoid Android is a good choice, for speed and reliability I would pick CyanogenMod, whose developers have an installer for noobs) with some kind of a custom kernel like AK which is a all-in-one solution or a reliable noob-friendly one like FrancoKernel OR use Xposed modules (GravityBox is an excellent one) over the stock ROM.

There are lots of noob-friendly videos by the xda team, so check out their YouTube channel as well. Use Google and read very carefully before flashing anything. Wisdom comes with time.

Last edited:

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
We don't need Cydia. We have the Google Play Store, which has most of the root apps you'll want. There are other stores like Amazon and others, if you so desire.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamel_tza

ozal5

Jan 3, 2014
Okay Thanks guys , you have some recommended apps to design my phone ?

ofc usefull also , and how i can see a list of rooted apps ?

jamel_tza

Mar 4, 2013
NYC
Okay Thanks guys , you have some recommended apps to design my phone ?

ofc usefull also , and how i can see a list of rooted apps ?

For design try Themer, like most apps you can get them from the play store. As far apps that require root access, maybe search root in the play store? It should be noted that Root is like Administrator priviliges in Windows. In android there are so many things that you're already able to do that, often times, root isn't needed.

ozal5

Jan 3, 2014
For design try Themer, like most apps you can get them from the play store. As far apps that require root access, maybe search root in the play store? It should be noted that Root is like Administrator priviliges in Windows. In android there are so many things that you're already able to do that, often times, root isn't needed.

Okay Thanks you , look i want to change my soft keys , the problem is i need systemUI.zip to use ZipThemer ... how can i do this without rom ? or where is the files i need ?

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Okay Thanks you , look i want to change my soft keys , the problem is i need systemUI.zip to use ZipThemer ... how can i do this without rom ? or where is the files i need ?

In what way do you want to change them? Check out Xposed Framework, not in the play store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We don't need Cydia. We have the Google Play Store, which has most of the root apps you'll want. There are other stores like Amazon and others, if you so desire.