Wi-Fi doesn't work anymore.

Search This thread

SmartAssH3

Apr 18, 2014
Bari
Hi guys, I have a big problem with Wi-Fi. I was using a 4.4.2 ROM (GoldenEye) some time ago, cause it was the only ROM to support 4.4.2 with old bootloader. So I went to AOSB rom (4.4.2), and i had a very good experience, but a bad battery life.
So now i wanted to go back to a 4.4.2 stock ROM. I saw the "PHOENIX ROM" (XXUFNC9) and i installed it. I really like it!
I have only a problem: Wi-Fi doesn't work at all. If I try to enable it, it immediately shuts down.
I'm on OLD bootloader and i'll NEVER update it.
Things I tried to do:
-Flash XXUFNC9 modem and NON-HLOS - Didn't work at all. No audio/bluetooth/wi-fi
-Flash XXUFNC9 modem without NON-HLOS - Didn't work at all. Also here no audio/bluetooth/wi-fi
-Flash an old pack with XXUEMJ5 modem and XXUBMH1 NON-HLOS (the old config i had), but same as start. Audio and Bluetooth work fine, but -no wi-fi.
-Flash a pack that i made: XXUFNC9 modem and XXUBMH1 NON-HLOS. Audio and bluetooth work really good, but wi-fi no.
-Copy the original libhardware_legacy.so to \system\libs\ but nothing changed.
-Remove the battery for 1 hour. Nothing worked
-Reinstall the ROM. Same, wi-fi not working.
-Install various kernels: KT, Jeboo, Talexop. None of them made Wi-Fi working.

In the logcat, it says that the wi-fi driver it's instable, so i tried to copy the original libhardware_legacy.so from stock XXUFNC9 ROM to Phoenix Rom. But it didn't work.
Please help me... :(

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hi guys, I have a big problem with Wi-Fi. I was using a 4.4.2 ROM (GoldenEye) some time ago, cause it was the only ROM to support 4.4.2 with old bootloader. So I went to AOSB rom (4.4.2), and i had a very good experience, but a bad battery life.
So now i wanted to go back to a 4.4.2 stock ROM. I saw the "PHOENIX ROM" (XXUFNC9) and i installed it. I really like it!
I have only a problem: Wi-Fi doesn't work at all. If I try to enable it, it immediately shuts down.
Things I tried to do:
-Flash XXUFNC9 modem and NON-HLOS - Didn't work at all. No audio/bluetooth/wi-fi
-Flash XXUFNC9 modem without NON-HLOS - Didn't work at all. Also here no audio/bluetooth/wi-fi
-Flash an old pack with XXUEMJ5 modem and XXUBMH1 NON-HLOS (the old config i had), but same as start. Audio and Bluetooth work fine, but -no wi-fi.
-Flash a pack that i made: XXUFNC9 modem and XXUBMH1 NON-HLOS. Audio and bluetooth work really good, but wi-fi no.

In the logcat, it says that the wi-fi driver it's instable, so i tried to copy the original libhardware_legacy.so from stock XXUFNC9 ROM to Phoenix Rom. But it didn't work.

Try to flash kt kernel once again , then do wipe cache/dalvik then reboot ! If still doesnt work Open rootexplorer then system> build.prop and look for
ro.securestorage.support=true and change it to ro.securestorage.support=false Save then reboot .

S

speedwayfan75

Things I tried to do:

Never flash non-HLOS.bin on old bootloader. This causes your broken sound. Look into settings/options/about device if your baseband is NC9. If not flash the NC9 modem again (only the gsm modem without non-HLOS). You can use this guide for modem flashing:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670326

moh.alosali

Apr 18, 2014
wifi not working

I have the same problem with my GT-I9505
I've also installed the "PHOENIX ROM" (XXUFNC9)
now wifi isn't working and I really have tried to flash modem or wifi fix and it didn't help !!
please if any one could help both of us I'd be grateful.
thanks in advance

SmartAssH3

Apr 18, 2014
Bari
Try to flash kt kernel once again , then do wipe cache/dalvik then reboot ! If still doesnt work Open rootexplorer then system> build.prop and look for
ro.securestorage.support=true and change it to ro.securestorage.support=false Save then reboot .
That string it's already set to false. No need to change it :(
It's the 4th time I try to flash KT kernel.

SmartAssH3

Apr 18, 2014
Bari

moh.alosali

Apr 18, 2014
GUYS I finally FOUND the solution!
You have to update your CSC, in my case i had an app pre-installed into the PHOENIX ROM. I selected the ITV CSC, cause my GS4 it's Italian and I live in Italy. It's fully working now!
EVERYTHING WORKS! :D

first of all .. Congratulations your problem solved :D
second .. I'm facing the same problem but I didn't get what you meant by update your csc !!
and which application in PHOENIX do you refer to ?

Last edited:

SmartAssH3

Apr 18, 2014
Bari
first of all .. Congratulations your problem solved :D
second .. I'm facing the same problem but I didn't get what you meant by update your csc !!
and which application in PHOENIX do you refer to ?

I went to PhoeniX ROM Settings, so CSC Select(Will Wipe Your Data). So i checked Root mode, and I selected "change CSC".
So i selected the ITV CSC, it wiped the device and now all works fine! :D
NOTE: IT WILL DELETE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR SD CARD/EXTERNAL SD CARD, SO DO A BACKUP.
I'm saying this to you cause i lost all my data <_<