[Q] No sound or speeh during calls

Search This thread

yashodhan92

Apr 29, 2011
Nagpur
Hi!

I have been facing a new problem since this morning on my HTC One M7 running ARHD. When I am attempting to make a regular phone call I am not getting any dialer tone, the receiver answers my call but there is no sound being sent from my phone to him nor I can get any sound from the person I am calling. I tried making varioud VOIP calls thorugh Viber, Google hangouts etc. they seem to be working perfectly. What could be the problem!?:eek:

PS: This is urgent, as I need to get my one and only phone working to make phone calls!

srideep

Mar 10, 2011
Wallington
Hi!

I have been facing a new problem since this morning on my HTC One M7 running ARHD. When I am attempting to make a regular phone call I am not getting any dialer tone, the receiver answers my call but there is no sound being sent from my phone to him nor I can get any sound from the person I am calling. I tried making varioud VOIP calls thorugh Viber, Google hangouts etc. they seem to be working perfectly. What could be the problem!?:eek:

PS: This is urgent, as I need to get my one and only phone working to make phone calls!

Clear Play services and Google Services Framework data and restart.

TXjames

Jun 22, 2014

Excellent advice srideep!

Yesterday I started experiencing the exact same problem as yashodhan92: No audio in either direction of the call. In the past a simple reboot has solved the problem but this time it didn't work. And just like the OP, VoIP services worked normally. I was hesitant to perform a Clear all data but felt I had nothing to lose after a day and a half without the ability to make or receive calls with the native phone app. I performed the clear data and rebooted. Phone is back! Thanks a ton!

FYI, I have an HTC One M7 running MaxHD 42.0.0 (Android 4.4.3/Sense 6.0)

moonan

Mar 19, 2009
Newcastle
Anybody got any more to offer on this??
The above fix gives me one or two calls then the problem is back. Htc support say to clear the data within the phone app. Also gives one or two calls relief then fail again.
Likewise factory reset, reported on telstra crowdsupport that this is only a temporary fix.

Htc support say they have had many hundreds of calls since Saturday, all htc one M7, all android 4.4.3, all Telstra AU customers.

Can anybody help?
..Neil

jamesling1964

Dec 10, 2014
HTC One M7 issue

My HTC One M7 is experiencing this issue reported recently for Telstra Australia users. How do you clear the data for the phone app?

3william56

Aug 5, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
App Data clearing

My HTC One M7 is experiencing this issue reported recently for Telstra Australia users. How do you clear the data for the phone app?

To clear the data for the phone app (or any other except Google Play Services)...
Tap Settings
Tap Apps
Scroll right to the All tab
Scroll down until you find the app you want, or tap the magnifying glass and enter the name (e.g. "Phone")
Tap on the App name
Tap Clear Data
Done.

For Google Play Services, after tapping on the App name, tap the Manage Space button, then Clear All Data button.

Folks have recommended clearing data for Phone, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework. These are all harmless (you might be re-asked for some permissions). But my testing shows that it is a temporary fix, likely because the Google apps reload the offending bug. I suspect we'll have to wait for a fix from HTC or Google. :eek:

Clearing Cache or data is often a good way to sort Android app problems, but bear in mind that any local data relating to the app will be lost, such as accounts/logons, media, high scores etc. so progress with caution and use your backups first.

Reactions: Luckyjoe371

fusionx599

Aug 11, 2009
Tactical fix:

Disable Google Services Framework.
Reboot

This will cause issues with Google Play Services (and possibly other applications), however it at least allows the phone to make/take calls.

Hi!

yashodhan92

Apr 29, 2011
Nagpur
Does not work, but.

Hello! Thanks for the reply.

I erased all sorts of data from Google Play Services but that did not work, and I was still unable to make any calls. Then i checked the recently updated apps and noticed that HTC Lock Screen had been updated. I removed the update and Voila! It worked! Still wondering what could have gone wrong because of a Lock Screen update!

3william56

Aug 5, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
HTC Lock Screen update looking like the cause...

Have you tried uninstalling the HTC Lock Screen updates then after doing that for good measure erase all data from Google Services as mentioned above and re-boot.

Yashodhan, You might just be the genius of the week. :highfive:

I have uninstalled the HTC Lockscreen updates, and call sounds are back.
I did not have to clear any data from Google Services or take any other action to achieve it.
I then connected to the Play Store, and triggered My App updates, which previously was enough to re-break the call sound. So far, no problem. Call sound is still working.
We may have a winner (at least until the next HTC Firmware update, which might put the Lock Screen update back in, so remember this fix).

For less experience folks: detailed instructions are:
Tap Settings icon
Scroll down, Tap Apps
Tap the magnifying glass button
Type "Lock" [no quotes]
Tap HTC Lock Screen
Tap Uninstall Updates
Agree to the reboot.
Done.

I will report back if the fix fails.

hawkeeyee

Feb 7, 2012
Where do you have uninstall?

when I go to HTC Lock screen i see:
Force stop, disable, clear data, clear cache, clear defaults

thanks

Hepperz

Sep 21, 2012
Hey all

I've been having the same issue on and off for a few weeks now.

I used to be able to fix it by just restarting, but as of today that wasn't working.

Clearing the data of Google Play Services and Google Services Framework have resolved it for me for now - but I suspect it will reoccur.

Like the post above, I don't have the option to uninstall HTC Lock Screen updates... :confused:

For reference, I'm running Viper One 7.0.1, and have tried 3 different Kernels (Elemental, Kangaroo and Stock).

Thanks
Paul

Hepperz

Sep 21, 2012
Seems I didn't have the HTC Lockscreen update installed - which is why I didn't have the uninstall option.

I've installed, the update, had the issue, uninstalled the update, and still have the issue.

The only way I'm getting the calls to work is by clearing the data from Google Play Services and Google Services Framework - even then, I'm only able to make 1 call (testing out by calling Voicemail), and then it will stop working again.

I've also installed an app freezer, and frozen the HTC Lockscreen - but this hasn't worked either.

hramost

Aug 25, 2013
Seems I didn't have the HTC Lockscreen update installed - which is why I didn't have the uninstall option.

I've installed, the update, had the issue, uninstalled the update, and still have the issue.

The only way I'm getting the calls to work is by clearing the data from Google Play Services and Google Services Framework - even then, I'm only able to make 1 call (testing out by calling Voicemail), and then it will stop working again.

I've also installed an app freezer, and frozen the HTC Lockscreen - but this hasn't worked either.

Have you tried freezing the app using Titanium Backup PRO? That worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I am almost 100% certain it has nothing to do with the HTC Lockscreen app as I have had auto-updates on that app disabled for months due to it breaking all of the pattern lockscreen tweaks I did for ViperOne, so mine hasn't updated (still shows as update available in Play Store) and I now have the no sound bug. Freezing Play Services with Titanium and rebooting is the ONLY thing out of all the proposed possible solutions which has made any difference to me. I have installed the very latest gms apk from THIS thread - no change; disabled auto updates in the .db per THIS thread - no change; cleared all cache/data as mentioned many times - no change. Only thing that works is the freeze/reboot which obviously causes issues for any Google app needing Play Services to function.
    I've tried everything in this thread. Nothing works.

Have you tried uninstalling the HTC Lock Screen updates then after doing that for good measure erase all data from Google Services as mentioned above and re-boot.
    App Data clearing

To clear the data for the phone app (or any other except Google Play Services)...
    Tap Settings
    Tap Apps
    Scroll down until you find the app you want, or tap the magnifying glass and enter the name (e.g. "Phone")
    Tap on the App name
    Tap Clear Data
    Done.

For Google Play Services, after tapping on the App name, tap the Manage Space button, then Clear All Data button.

Folks have recommended clearing data for Phone, Google Play Services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework. These are all harmless (you might be re-asked for some permissions). But my testing shows that it is a temporary fix, likely because the Google apps reload the offending bug. I suspect we'll have to wait for a fix from HTC or Google. :eek:

Clearing Cache or data is often a good way to sort Android app problems, but bear in mind that any local data relating to the app will be lost, such as accounts/logons, media, high scores etc. so progress with caution and use your backups first.
    found this in eragon ROM thread

-FREEZE GOOGLE PLAY SERVICE TO PREVENT THAT BUG (com.google.android.gms-1.apk) , till google updates it..

if you dont have a tool to disable google service ...
    you can use this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...app.appfreezer