Votes: 22 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

hexto

Aug 13, 2008
Middletown, CT
Have you gentleman gotten the answers you seek.?

Sent from my 4.3_14.14.14
(Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

I'm following your instructions from the link you posted and when I test c:\XT1080JB>adb in CMD I get the quick scroll and everything seems to work but when I type in c:\XT1080JB get "c:\XT1080JB is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I seem to get some sort of error in CMD with any root method I try. I am on 4.2.2 v12.7.7 so I should be able to root but between my PC giving a hard time and my lack of knowledge to get around it I can't seem to make any progress

XT1080jb is extracted to c:\

Last edited:

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
I'm following your instructions from the link you posted and when I test c:\XT1080JB>adb in CMD I get the quick scroll and everything seems to work but when I type in c:\XT1080JB get "c:\XT1080JB is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I seem to get some sort of error in CMD with any root method I try. I am on 4.2.2 v12.7.7 so I should be able to root but between my PC giving a hard time and my lack of knowledge to get around it I can't seem to make any progress

XT1080jb is extracted to c:\

Sir..you must be on JB 4.2.2_12.15.15 in order to start the bundle..the FXZ one can flash to 4.2.2_12.15.15 from 4.2.2_12.7.7 is included with my bundle..

Please read the instuction sheet..this fact will be obvious..

My bundle has been tested many times in WinXP Pro and Win7 Pro..reboot your computer may be needed..if the screen scrolls once you enter the commands, then this proves ( adb.exe ) is functioning as it should.

(Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G

Last edited:

hexto

Aug 13, 2008
Middletown, CT
Sir..you must be on JB 4.2.2_12.15.15 in order to start the bundle..the FXZ one can flash to 4.2.2_12.15.15 from 4.2.2_12.7.7 is included with my bundle..

Please read the instuction sheet..this fact will be obvious..

My bundle has been tested many times in WinXP Pro and Win7 Pro..reboot your computer may be needed..if the screen scrolls once you enter the commands, then this proves ( adb.exe ) is functioning as it should.

(Unlocked) XT1028 Moto G

I just accepted the 12.15.15 update and now my phone is on bootloop :confused: Gonna hit up the store tomorrow for a replacement. Hope I get one that isn't updated to KitKat.

I got spoiled with my GNex being so easy to root and flash ROM's.

I can get into the bootloader but normal, recovery, and factory all bootloop. Is there anything I can do to fully wipe?

Last edited:

SupremeOverlord

Oct 30, 2013
Chicago
I used this amazing guide to upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.4 and I'm very thankful for it. I only have one problem now.

When I "adb shell getprop ro.boot.write_protect" it is always coming back as 0. I can't figure out a way to turn system write protection back on. Need that 0 to be a 1. Can anyone be of some assistance?

Rebooting doesn't work.

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
I used this amazing guide to upgrade from 4.2.2 to 4.4 and I'm very thankful for it. I only have one problem now.

When I "adb shell getprop ro.boot.write_protect" it is always coming back as 0. I can't figure out a way to turn system write protection back on. Need that 0 to be a 1. Can anyone be of some assistance?

Rebooting doesn't work.

if you used wpnomo, then i don't think there is a way you can turn write protection back on

droidrepair

Jan 21, 2014
I've been studying this all day and need some clarification before I start since there's no going back to root from 4.4.... Verizon droid maxx on 12.15.15 android 4.2.2 build SU1-15. I just reflashed the fxz this morning and re rooted with the telnet and cydia impactor method. I had it rooted before, but it lost it for some reason. Wifi tether still worked, so I didn't mess with it as thats the main reason I use root. But I finally got tired of ads and decided its time to fxz and root. Anyway now i'd like to do update to the 4.4 with root. I downloaded the droid maxx ota file a long time ago. Do I extract that and then rename the folder thats named Blur_version.12.15.15.obake-maxx.verizon.Verizon.en.us to update.zip?
I just used the command prompt to double check that I had write protection and it says 1. What the world?! I checked before and it was 0. I tried MotoWPNoMO and it says Error Cannot check for update. What am I doing wrong?

droidrepair

Jan 21, 2014
Well I ran wpbegone on a Windows 10 pc test box and it went through!

I've been studying this all day and need some clarification before I start since there's no going back to root from 4.4.... Verizon droid maxx on 12.15.15 android 4.2.2 build SU1-15. I just reflashed the fxz this morning and re rooted with the telnet and cydia impactor method. I had it rooted before, but it lost it for some reason. Wifi tether still worked, so I didn't mess with it as thats the main reason I use root. But I finally got tired of ads and decided its time to fxz and root. Anyway now i'd like to do update to the 4.4 with root. I downloaded the droid maxx ota file a long time ago. Do I extract that and then rename the folder thats named Blur_version.12.15.15.obake-maxx.verizon.Verizon.en.us to update.zip?
I just used the command prompt to double check that I had write protection and it says 1. What the world?! I checked before and it was 0. I tried MotoWPNoMO and it says Error Cannot check for update. What am I doing wrong?

Obinsama

Apr 10, 2015
Hi i just buy a Motorola XT1080 running on Kitkat 4.4.4 and i want to root the device i have 4 questions i think my bootloader is still locked i want to know if i can root it with the bootloader locked if possible can i also flash a new rom with bootloader locked? And if i can't root the phone or flash an update can i flash the phone back to the stock ROM? And then what is the issue of each opération ?thank u for the answers

Top Liked Posts