[Q] What made you choose an android over competitors?

Search This thread

jthatch12

Mar 24, 2012
Florida
The main reason I chose ***android was more 3rd party capabilities and customizations.

you guys nitpick way to much....
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:

Biporch

Mar 4, 2012
Not going to lie, it was cheaper than iOS and I hate wp. This is my first Android, I don't plan moving to ios ever again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

dirtbikerr450

Oct 19, 2011
USA
The main reason I chose Droid was more 3rd party capabilities and custimizations.

You are in the wrong forum if you say droid do you mean android? jk. i like it because there is different roms i can use. also why is this in the Galaxy s 2 forum? but who cares any way

jthatch12

Mar 24, 2012
Florida
You are in the wrong forum if you say droid do you mean android? jk. i like it because there is different roms i can use. also why is this in the Galaxy s 2 forum? but who cares any way

You suck lol, first off I'm a gs2 user so naturally Id rather ask my peer, secondly, I said "Droid" as a nickname for the operating system.. why the nitpicking? I was simply curious about why people chose android over iOS. I commute daily to Philadelphia and 85% of people own iPhones.

yoderk

Sep 6, 2010
Reno
You suck lol, first off I'm a gs2 user so naturally Id rather ask my peer, secondly, I said "Droid" as a nickname for the operating system.. why the nitpicking? I was simply curious about why people chose android over iOS. I commute daily to Philadelphia and 85% of people own iPhones.

Had iphones for the longest time, realized they suck. Being locked down is never fun and android lets me do what I want with the phone I spent my money on.

And as for the "Droid" for a nickname, no sir droid is a phone and android is the os.

R

Red5

I chose Android because Microsoft stopped working on Windows Mobile 6.5 (which was awesome).

audiophan

Jul 5, 2011
It was the device I chose, the GS2, for the swapable battery and amazing camera. Android is what came with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
Wanted to check out android coming from RIM.. and after just a few months I couldn't stand the look of the iPhone compared to the many unique looks of android!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

nooomoto

Sep 22, 2010
Miami, FL
I don't like being constrained. I was an early adopter of the g1, I broke a few and didn't have money to buy a new one. I got an iPhone 3g real cheap from att. I couldn't stand the constraints built into iOS. It made me insane that I couldn't change the wallpaper, this "feature" wasn't added to iOS until much later.

Not into being told how to use MY phone! Android for life!

I was also kind of disgusted with how apple conducts itself as a company and the pervasive culture of elitism in the iOS community didn't strike me as cool either.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Last edited:

rduncan1974

Feb 10, 2011
Redding CA
I have never liked the idea of buying a product from a company just so they can own me and tell me what I can and can't do with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
Had the iphone forever..got bored.

Love not having to use itunes...I hate itunes!

Love being able to back up my ROM and restore when need be

BIGGER screen!

nyamoV2

Mar 17, 2011
Des Moines
Plug n play
No iTunes or zune needed for file transfer. If ms got rid of that damn zune requirement I would like it more

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Stormran

Mar 29, 2012
Saint Louis
The customization and community/developer support makes the possibilities endless for Android. iPhone has some great things but you still can't change the default look and feel of iOS. I get bored with looking at the same thing all the time.

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
Firstly, I've chosen the Android over iOS simply because Android OS is smarter as we all call smartphone. How is it smarter? We all know.
Secondly, variety of choices, more options.
Thirdly, it's cheaper.

And to OP, "Droid" and android are two different things. Droid as you capitalize the letter D, is a phone. Start using correct terminologies.

raduque

I chose Android because Microsoft stopped working on Windows Mobile 6.5 (which was awesome).

This is hilarious.

I use Android because of the ability to do so much customizing without needing to void the warranty. I carried a myTouch 3G and iPhone3G at the same time for a number of months (almost a year). My iPhone icon grid looked like every other iPhone, but no two Android phone's home screens look the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was promised gold if I picked android. :)
    Coming from an Iphone4 and a 3GS before that, i'd say that the Android platform is better than IOS in just about every way (speed, stability, customization, and ease of use if you are willing to take the time to learn to use the OS.) after switching to the SG2 the IOS devices just seem like baby toys...just my opinion.