Search This thread

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
Pretty sure it'll be unlocked quickly...not to worried bout the BL the og s2 was unlocked..only handsets I worry about locked BL are moto.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I'm still on the fence about getting the intl version over the att version (I'd have to pay full retail for that as well)

Now the people that get the international version and downgrade to the dumphone plan do you really get HSPA+ speeds? or are they a bit slower? And I'm guessing you cant use ATT insurance since they dont know it's a smart phone(I always get insurance more for loss or theft than anything so square trade is no go for me)

I prefer the Exynos cpus even though the S4 looks like a good cpu I read they had to bump the ram up just to be able to handle TW. So that being said it seems like the sammy chip overall if better but I guess I wont know until I see them side by side. LTE is nice, but HSPA+ is plenty fast for me and I'm on wifi most of the time anyway. I guess it's a good thing that I wont be able to buy it until mid july. That way I can play with both and see which I prefer (I'm sure the samsung showroom in NYC will have a intl version on demo)

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
I'm still on the fence about getting the intl version over the att version (I'd have to pay full retail for that as well)

Now the people that get the international version and downgrade to the dumphone plan do you really get HSPA+ speeds? or are they a bit slower? And I'm guessing you cant use ATT insurance since they dont know it's a smart phone(I always get insurance more for loss or theft than anything so square trade is no go for me)

I prefer the Exynos cpus even though the S4 looks like a good cpu I read they had to bump the ram up just to be able to handle TW. So that being said it seems like the sammy chip overall if better but I guess I wont know until I see them side by side. LTE is nice, but HSPA+ is plenty fast for me and I'm on wifi most of the time anyway. I guess it's a good thing that I wont be able to buy it until mid july. That way I can play with both and see which I prefer (I'm sure the samsung showroom in NYC will have a intl version on demo)

I get full HSPA+ speeds with the International version. Gotten as high as 11Mbps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 Galaxy S3.

Reactions: graffixnyc

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I get full HSPA+ speeds with the International version. Gotten as high as 11Mbps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 Galaxy S3.

So maybe I will go the international route. I have the $45 4gb plan with tethering but I get a discount so I think I only pay about $36 for it.. So I would be saving like 26 bucks a month or $312 a year! That's def worth the intl version being $150 more than the ATT full retail price. I guess for loss and theft I could go with an outside company. I know there are a few

Jusrertiner

Apr 2, 2011
I feel kinda bad for the people who bought the international version when the Korean version is probably going to have quad core and 2GB ram.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Iphone4 user here. Just placed my pre-order for a Blue Galaxy SIII. This will be my first Android phone and I'm pretty damn excited about it. I've been ready to make the switch for awhile now.

One quick question, will us AT&T users be able to install Google Wallet and use it? I haven't been reading much into it but overheard a few people tell me that I won't able to. :confused:

It'll most likely be baked into a custom Rom.

Sent from my Atrix

lensgrabber

May 10, 2012
Golden
How about rooting the phone? Do you guys know if a ATT locked phone would have problems being rooted or does the bootloader need to be unlocked first? I don't care about custom roms but root is a must.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
How about rooting the phone? Do you guys know if a ATT locked phone would have problems being rooted or does the bootloader need to be unlocked first? I don't care about custom roms but root is a must.
Rooting is no problem, and I doubt the bootloader is going to be an issue if it turns out to be locked. The sheer number of people getting their hands on this phone ensures me that somebody will figure out out how to unlock it if need be.

topgun303

Sep 19, 2010
springfield va
I canceled my AT&T preorder for Galaxy S3 and preordered from Costco.com[ Wireless Advocates]. After mail in rebate the phone will cost me $175 with free accessories included and bluetooth device.

I have never order phones through Wireless Advocates. Does anybody have any experience with them?

Hanzel9210

Aug 15, 2008
Santa Cruz
I canceled my AT&T preorder for Galaxy S3 and preordered from Costco.com[ Wireless Advocates]. After mail in rebate the phone will cost me $175 with free accessories included and bluetooth device.

I have never order phones through Wireless Advocates. Does anybody have any experience with them?

I ordered through them too. Not sure how soon they will ship it. Hopefully the same time as At&t will. They ship 2-day air I believe. So there shouldn't be much delay.

Last edited:

kova05

May 8, 2010
Zagreb
In Croatia without carier contract galaxy s3 cost ~830$ ...to expensive but I must have it! :)

Sent from another 'Galaxy' !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be me at the AT&T store if I don't get my phone tomorrow. :mad:

PHO-10Jun23-234708.jpg
    It's true.. but copying their chat threads into a forum might just become a new MEME.

any other memes? :laugh:
    22360494.jpg
    We will receive when we receive, still not even late...........if not OK with you, cancel your order and move on already. Take up golf, shuffleboard, or whatever. Too many complaints for something we can't even complain about, quite yet!!

These posts are getting old. This thread is for speculating and discussing Release Date Info for the ATT S3. You do not have to come in here, so please, just stop with the high and mighty posts telling everyone to "calm down, get over it, get a hobby!"

I am not directing this at you specifically Nascar, sorry if you feel that way, but there are quite a few posts like yours and the condescending comments towards everyone like they are 3 years old are just too much.

If you dont want to read these specific posts, then do not come into the thread. Just ignore this thread and simply wait till you get yours, like you are telling everyone else. It is just taking some of the fun of speculating and discussing. Some people want to wait patiently, and have no problem with this, others want to discuss every little chat and phone conversation and dissect every word. IT is all in good fun and anticipation. Many people are so excited for this phone ,the get that kid at Christmas mentality and just want to talk about it, its not hurting anyone.

None of these "woah is me, where is my fine, gosh darnit I was told the 21st" posts are hurting anyone. They are fun to read and help pass the time. Just look at it like that.
    From what I have been told, pre-orders online should get theirs on the 22nd(friday) and in stores on the 25th(sunday)
    I plan on standing outside my ATT store one the 21st waiting. As the manager comes to open the doors, I will stare intensely at him, he will know why i'm there.