[ROM][4.2.2] 4/5 |OFFICIAL- LiquidSmooth |

Search This thread

Brad.S.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Re: [ROM][4.2.2]2/16[RC1] LiquidSmooth |DA-jdKernel 1.3 in post #2|FLOODING|

@eksoccer99 I have noticed that the theme I select for the keyboard makes the colors of the flow trail look drastically different. Could try changing the theme and see
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

eksoccer99

Dec 29, 2007
@eksoccer99 I have noticed that the theme I select for the keyboard makes the colors of the flow trail look drastically different. Could try changing the theme and see
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Yes I think that's when it happened. I like the neon blue and that's when the trail basically disappeared. Then switched back to cobalt theme and the trail is still stuck, very dimmed almost not noticeable. But like a few post back someone said it's an aosp issue.

Nickel Dime Bay

Sep 29, 2010
Bay Area, CA

Anyone keep getting an SD card error when waking up their phone? Doesn't happen every time but its happened a lot.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania

Anyone keep getting an SD card error when waking up their phone? Doesn't happen every time but its happened a lot.

I have never had an issue with my 64gb card but I also made sure to format it to FAT32 format before I ever used it.

What error is your phone giving you? Try Googling it or search XDA.

Sent from Liquid Smooth SGH-I317

Nickel Dime Bay

Sep 29, 2010
Bay Area, CA

I have never had an issue with my 64gb card but I also made sure to format it to FAT32 format before I ever used it.

What error is your phone giving you? Try Googling it or search XDA.

Sent from Liquid Smooth SGH-I317

I've also never had a problem but just noticed this was happening often and I wasn't seeing anyone else mention it.

When I lock the phone and wait a lil bit before waking it up I get this error SD card unexpectedly removed and then reading SD card. Then all goes back to normal.

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal

In settings the quicksettings option choose enable and there they are (the old style toggles)

MissyKoneko

Jan 8, 2013
Bleh
How come there hasnt been an update? The camera for me doesnt work, and setting sometimes stop working aswell.... other than that I really like this Rom.

Reactions: cdshepherd

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania

How come there hasnt been an update? The camera for me doesnt work, and setting sometimes stop working aswell.... other than that I really like this Rom.

Camera works for me. Try a full wipe reinstall.

EDIT: Okay... This has been bothering me.

I'm not sure how long you've been here on XDA, MissyKoneko, but one of the biggest no no's is to ask for an ETA. I have done it in the past and have learned that the talented and experienced devs here do this for nothing or next to nothing.

We need to cut them some slack - - they are not working for us and don't deserve demands.

I'm sure you didn't mean anything negative by asking when an update will come and I in no way intend to be nasty to you.

A lot of the devs work on multiple devices and also test their releases before posting them to the public. These things as well as their lives beyond XDA take time. If we are unable to donate to them we at least owe them some patience.

Thank you all for your time.

Sent from my Liquid Smooth SGH-I317

Last edited:
Reactions: SwimDrewid

MissyKoneko

Jan 8, 2013
Bleh
Camera works for me. Try a full wipe reinstall.

EDIT: Okay... This has been bothering me.

I'm not sure how long you've been here on XDA, MissyKoneko, but one of the biggest no no's is to ask for an ETA. I have done it in the past and have learned that the talented and experienced devs here do this for nothing or next to nothing.

We need to cut them some slack - - they are not working for us and don't deserve demands.

I'm sure you didn't mean anything negative by asking when an update will come and I in no way intend to be nasty to you.

A lot of the devs work on multiple devices and also test their releases before posting them to the public. These things as well as their lives beyond XDA take time. If we are unable to donate to them we at least owe them some patience.

Thank you all for your time.

When I asked "How come" it was as a wondering, I never said "You need to do an update on the rom because my camera doesn't work." I know how hard and long takes to fix or make a rom, do not for a second think I am that ignorant that I dont know this, another thing, everytime I flash a rom I always do a full wipe, and to answer your question about for how long I have been on XDA, I am pretty sure You can read so why not look for youself and see for how long I have been here on XDA?

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania
When I asked "How come" it was as a wondering, I never said "You need to do an update on the rom because my camera doesn't work." I know how hard and long takes to fix or make a rom, do not for a second think I am that ignorant that I dont know this, another thing, everytime I flash a rom I always do a full wipe, and to answer your question about for how long I have been on XDA, I am pretty sure You can read so why not look for youself and see for how long I have been here on XDA?

On the XDA Premium app on my phone it does not list join dates like it does on the non-mobile version of the site. When I did check it gave a join date of January 8, 2013 so I assumed you were very new and could use some information or you have a new XDA ID for some reason I couldn't know - - hence the not knowing how long you've been here.

Offending you was not my intent (please fully re-read my old reply) and I still do not intend to offend you or anyone else.

tybowski

Jan 9, 2012
Best rom by far for gn2. Tried everything and this is the nicest most stable. Was using liquid on my gnex and wasn't disappointed. It's a f@ckin beauty. I do have one small question I notice a lag upon unlocking checked all posts don't seem to be anything there. Was wondering if its a known issue or something in settings. I am running set cpu profile for sleep. Max cpu 1000mhz and min 1000mhz. Its really not. A big deal just curious about it. Also see quite a few posts regarding s pen features play store has a few. Papyrus is one of them. Also wanna get this off my chest and am not pointing fingers or saying names. And I know it may look like im a noob but I am not just new to posting but I do know to never ask about updates they come when they come be happy with what ya got. Good job on the rom team liquid

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania

Best rom by far for gn2. Tried everything and this is the nicest most stable. Was using liquid on my gnex and wasn't disappointed. It's a f@ckin beauty. I do have one small question I notice a lag upon unlocking checked all posts don't seem to be anything there. Was wondering if its a known issue or something in settings. I am running set cpu profile for sleep. Max cpu 1000mhz and min 1000mhz. Its really not. A big deal just curious about it. Also see quite a few posts regarding s pen features play store has a few. Papyrus is one of them. Also wanna get this off my chest and am not pointing fingers or saying names. And I know it may look like im a noob but I am not just new to posting but I do know to never ask about updates they come when they come be happy with what ya got. Good job on the rom team liquid

I have also noticed that lag but I think I have seen it on other 4.2.2 roms so it must be a known issue. This is by far the best rom I have run on my Note 2 that wasn't Sammy based.

tybowski

Jan 9, 2012
Yes I should have been more specific. Tw is a different monster. Jedi, cleanrom, jelly thunder. Etc etc. List goes on. Lots of great tw based roms. But as for aosp , I'm staying right here

Reactions: antiochasylum

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Yes I should have been more specific. Tw is a different monster. Jedi, cleanrom, jelly thunder. Etc etc. List goes on. Lots of great tw based roms. But as for aosp , I'm staying right here

Completely off topic.

@tybowski - KCCO buddy. :) from one chiver to another.

I gave you your first thanks. :thumbs up:

My apologies, back on topic.

mikeemoz

May 1, 2008
Sydney
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Totally agree , best of the non tw roms.
Its a great community, respect to @anti also
Great work done on kernel and roms :thumbup:

tybowski

Jan 9, 2012

yes I again shoulda been more specific. anti and team asylum make a great ROM

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

mattern1974

Jan 27, 2010
Tremont, Pennsylvania

I thought the odexed nature of Carbon would appeal to me. Please forgive my ignorance!
I'm back to Liquid Smooth goodness.
That is all. Thank you all once again!!

Reactions: SwimDrewid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original OP
    build that willbe posted here will be unofficially supported , I dont mind you guys ask for help in here , just dont expect support for a build that
    A_might not boot
    B_have some random FCs
    etc etc

for changelogs and stuff go to github and look at framework_base commits that will give you an idea of what was added in the last days .

some wallpapers..
    new build is up ill update op tomorrow .. just check on goo .
    for those not aware 'nightlies' are available on my androtransfer ... dagr8/liquids
    Agreed! I see you listed CWM as the flashing method in the OP. Is TWRP ok to use?

I don't want to start any drama considering the circumstances but can anyone briefly tell me what the differences between this and carbon are? The features lists look very similar.

well as you know carbon tree was forked from liquidsmooth

since then they went there own way

since then many things were added in liquid , I wouldnt know if these were kanged from liquid or added to carbon via an other way or if they werent added at all or what was added since then by team carbon .. I do not follow what thy do on there github at all..

liquidsmooth as there own kernel and so does carbon , afaik each kernel is unique to these specific roms and kernel plays a critical role inhow phone behaves so your best bet is to try them both ...

I could give you my opinion but ofc im biased ..

I can tell you one thing for sure when I joined liquidsmooth a few of the 'pub' optimizations were used already but not all of them , this has been corrected so you can expect the maximum smoothnest possible in an oasp based rom .

I personally got the highest linpack results I ever did before on this rom , 245 (average) @ 1.9ghz .. nugh said .

now lets not bring up the 'c' word anymore thank you (lol)