[Q] Change dictionary default

Search This thread

jluis81

May 11, 2013
hi. I'm trying to change the default dictionary in kindle fire, as it has no options for you to add or change any dictionary, im trying modificate system file
/ system / etc / labdictionary

substituting B003ODIZL6.prc

when I finish it works perfectly but if i reboot my kindle return with old dictionary o appers anything

someone could make the change dictionary?

i follows this instructions replace dictionary kindle fire, but the last part say:
"Tap the Clipboard icon and choose "Paste". Long tap the new "B003ODIZL6.prc" file and choose "More" – "Properties" – "Permissions: Change". Set the permissions like this and click "OK" to confirm."

but i cant see the image, there is no photo explaining

thanks for help, and im sorry for my bad english :good:

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
I suggest looking at the properties of the old file, the one that gets renamed to *.bak, and make the new file match those permissions. The instructions at that part are not clear, but what I posted should work.

Reactions: jluis81

jluis81

May 11, 2013
I already tried and does not work
that part es confused, and i dont know its really work, i mean it work but not permanently

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
When you are finished, you should change the paths back to their original settings. He does not say this, but that area should not be left R/W. I think it should be mounted read only.

jluis81

May 11, 2013
yes, i tried too, leave everything like original, and its the same, root explorer and properties

if i change for the original oxford dictionary and reboot, appears agains in english

jluis81

May 11, 2013
when put spanish dictionary, works. but and reboot and the dictionary doesnt work, the archive is there but when used dont see anything
when put original archive and reboot appears again english dictionary

Ixthusdan

May 14, 2012
Mishawaka, IN
Well, the guide is missing something. Native Kindle Fire users are all complaining that it cannot change dictionaries. It seems to me a rooted device should handle it. Need more file info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suggest looking at the properties of the old file, the one that gets renamed to *.bak, and make the new file match those permissions. The instructions at that part are not clear, but what I posted should work.