[ROM][KANG]CM9 ICS 10.1 WiFi Preview 03/04/12

Search This thread

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010
I installed the last build (29/2) and i noticed a big problem. My wifi is very slow, slow like 500kbps. I tested with my others PCs on my house and im getting 500kbps only with my tablet. I have the P7510. Is anyone getting the same issue?

I'm on 3/4 and have this problem. I didn't have it on 2/29.

phewizzo

Aug 29, 2007
New York City
When I watch flash videos on the browser, after 5 minutes the browser just stops loading any pages I try to go to, usually have to force stop it in applications menu.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

kamgrn

Dec 26, 2010
lol...i get laught at for complaining about the update.
ya i get it, usually people cheer when there's an update.

sorry guys, you see, i'm a beginner about flashing and stuff, still consider myself a noob.
i have no friends to discuss this or guide me, i learn all from reading myself. its a lonely experience.

so this is the 2nd time i flash. first time was overcome rom.
it was a nightmarish experience, very nervous and all, but luckily it turned out well. no bricking, thank god!

the 2nd time is this ics rom.
reason i take 2 hours to flash, is because i'm a poor student without credit card, i cant buy the full version of titanium backup. i have to reinstall all my apps, one at a time. :-( further more internet is slow in my country, takes about 1 hour to download that 100MB rom.

i waited for a new built of this ics to appear, and flash it right away.
never thought a newer one appear shortly after. i thought i have to repeat the nightmarish 2 hour experience again.

but so glad that this is kindda like an update, i did not wipe anything, and did not reflash the google apps. everything works well now. by the way, the reflash process is not even 10 minutes i think. it says just updating.

nw i am wondering what is the difference, because i dont seem to feel any.
but the feeling of having the latest built, and very smooth UI is enough for me. :)

since the update is smooth and simple, like everyone else, i am hoping for new updates to come as well.

... since you dont use TB, Im assuming you have some handwritten list of all your apps, typing them one by one in the Market, and installing them.. here's a tip: use AppBak from the Market - its Free.

Ray1

Aug 13, 2011
... since you dont use TB, Im assuming you have some handwritten list of all your apps, typing them one by one in the Market, and installing them.. here's a tip: use AppBak from the Market - its Free.

wow, that post you quote was really long ago. lol...
i am using TB, just not the full version of it.

the make a list of all your app and find them in market method is not necessarily.
in the market webpage, you can browse through a list of all downloaded app associated to you gmail account, its very easy to install back all of them.

but the problem is, its a fresh install, with no saved data.
example, if you played a game till lv10, after reinstall, you'll have to start again form lv1.

i dont mind using the free version of TB, it'll will take longer time, but it gets the job done. :)

anyway, installing updates from this kang rom does not require to wipe system.
just wipe cache and dalvic will do, which will not affect user and app data. :)

Tomaka

Oct 10, 2008
Get Chrome working!

Updated yesterday via your app and it still says Chrome needs ICS...

To anyone having chrome issues :
- Backup /system/build.prop anywhere you want (just in case)
- Edit original /system/build.prop (with any root explorer, ES Explorateur for instance with "/" read write option checked)
- Change ro.build.id 's value to IML74K
- Save & close file
- REBOOT
- And voilà!

Works for me with that kang :cool:

Ankhwatcher

Oct 8, 2010
Dublin
I got the new version to download and I installed it.

It came with the Android Market and gmail and it reinstalled all of my applications.

Do I need to flash GAPPS? What do I miss out on by not flashing it?

Thanks,
ANkh

Also: Chrome is now working for me.

Last edited:

madcheeku

Mar 2, 2007
wow, that post you quote was really long ago. lol...
i am using TB, just not the full version of it.

the make a list of all your app and find them in market method is not necessarily.
in the market webpage, you can browse through a list of all downloaded app associated to you gmail account, its very easy to install back all of them.

but the problem is, its a fresh install, with no saved data.
example, if you played a game till lv10, after reinstall, you'll have to start again form lv1.

i dont mind using the free version of TB, it'll will take longer time, but it gets the job done. :)

anyway, installing updates from this kang rom does not require to wipe system.
just wipe cache and dalvic will do, which will not affect user and app data. :)

I use MyBackup Root from the market. It's free and like TB it also does a backup of the application data. Restoring it is a single click unlike TB.

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
I got the new version to download and I installed it.

It came with the Android Market and gmail and it reinstalled all of my applications.

Do I need to flash GAPPS? What do I miss out on by not flashing it?

Thanks,
ANkh

Also: Chrome is now working for me.

Mate what you should really do is:

Backup your current build
Wipe data ( Wipe Cache Partition, Wipe Dalvik Cache (In Advanced), & Wipe Data/Factory Reset)
Flash this build
Flash the Gapps
Reboot (may take a few minutes)

After you flash build do not reboot, flash Gapps
If you do this in the order I showed you should not have any issues!

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Sorry for this question.

Is this build wifi only or also 3g (7501)?

You can use this build on your 3G tablet, but you will loose your 3G option as 3G is not supported by this build. You better look the forum and find the ROM that dose support 3G I am sure I have seen these.

You can take a look for example on this link: http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases/_/build-27-r8

Last edited:

xanmanz31

Mar 21, 2010
Has anyone had issues with backlight bleeding? Mine in the bottom right corner is showing extra light. I just got it back this morning from a screen replacement under warranty. I also noticed screen flickering again. I partly feel it's rom related but I didn't really want to reflash.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Ray1

Aug 13, 2011
I use MyBackup Root from the market. It's free and like TB it also does a backup of the application data. Restoring it is a single click unlike TB.

thanks for the recomendation :)

but i checked the reviews in the market, saw some ics users comment its not working on ics. since this kang built is ics, i'm not sure it will work.

have you tried it yourself?

rayandreas

Oct 11, 2011
bakersfield ca
since flashing the latest update i cant download any of my paid apps from the market and i cant download any apps from market for that matter...anyone know of a fix? thanks!

psperl

Jul 25, 2011
Has anyone had issues with backlight bleeding? Mine in the bottom right corner is showing extra light. I just got it back this morning from a screen replacement under warranty. I also noticed screen flickering again. I partly feel it's rom related but I didn't really want to reflash.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

I know a thing or two about how these devices work and I can't image how this (or any) ROM could make your backlight bleed. The flickering is slightly more possible, but even that is a stretch.

If you decide to flash back to stock and it somehow fixes the issue, please let us know!

Top Liked Posts