[End of Developement] [Closed] Prometheus Custom Rom v1.3.7

Search This thread
F

fuss132

Prometheus Custom Rom Pre-release

I want to share my new project called Prometheus Rom with you :) We are all waiting for an ICS bootloader for the european G version of our device so that we have CM9 and I can start porting MIUI. It´s not a real Custom Rom yet, because I need YOU to suggest me some features I should include/port/create whatever. Please post your suggestions here and I will add them to my todo list if they are possible. AND THIS IS NOT MIUI! MY FIRST REAL MIUI WILL BE BASED ON ICS

I used some parts from GalaxyRom to get 14 Toogle mod flashlight working, credits to kishen80!

303434_359469360783246_251292824934234_1003099_508726212_n.jpg
303434_359469364116579_251292824934234_1003100_943838827_n.jpg

Basic Features already be there:

- Using Aroma installer technologie (for an example picture how your device will look like during the installation go here)
- Running streetware-kernel (Credits to Street79)
- MIUI Themed (Credits to tarunagg)
- Removed unsued apps / added usefull ones
- Added MIUI Launcher
- Added MIUI Files
- Added MIUI Music
- Added MIUI Lock App (Miui Themed Lockscreen, for howto read the second post)
- Added Fastboot (Boot your device within 15seconds :))
- Deodexed, zipalinged and prerootet
- Performance Tweaks
- 14 Toogle Mod
- Lower Brightness Settings
- Beats Audio

303434_359469370783245_251292824934234_1003101_568837880_n.jpg
303434_359469377449911_251292824934234_1003102_2070490672_n.jpg

303434_359469380783244_251292824934234_1003103_701652749_n.jpg
543725_356406827756166_273000498_n.jpg

*Last picture from a old pre version

To Do List:
- Call Recording
- Different languages support like Arabic

Currently working on:
- BLN

Downloads:

v1.3.7 MONE - Mirror download

Changelog:

- FIXED Wifi Tethering
- FIXED Deletion of system apps after Wipe
- FIXED Missing wiped dalvic cache
- FIXED Missing MIUI Lockscreen
- FIXED Extended Power Menu problems
- FIXED Soundproblems when receiving calls
- FIXED Wrong configured fonts
- ADDED Arabic fonts
- ADDED fussstats.apk for better user stats
- ADDED New Bootanimation
- DELETED Touchwiz sound remains

Credits to the persons I already mentioned as same as the awesome creator of AROMA Installer and all the other Devs here. Their work helped me to cope with this device and lern something about it :)

Please like my page on facebook :)

Last edited:
F

fuss132

FAQ:

What to do on first boot / how to get MIUI Lockscreens?

You will see something like this after the installation of this rom when you boot for the first time. Be sure you click on "Set as default" and then touch on "MILocker".

tutorial1.jpg

After you did this open the app MILocker by tapping on the icon within your launcher. You can now choose your favorite lockscreen (don´t be confused by the chinese names, most of the lockscreens themselfe are in english

Whats this notification in the notification bar?

On your first boot you will see a notification like this that reads please enable or disable anonymus user stats. Please click on it you will be redirectet to the app

tutorial2.jpg

Please enable the stats by enabling main-optin. This app is still in BETA stage and created by out Team blockbuster. We are building a statistic system that provides us many information to make our roms even better. Have a look at our current (till now very small statistics) at http://www.team-blockbuster.com/stats/viewstats.php

tutorial3.jpg

Last edited:
F

fuss132

Addons:

MIUI Lockscreen Package

Download the following zip archive, put it to your sd card. Then unzip it (so that you have /sdcard/MIUI/theme on your sdcard) and choose between the lockscreens in MiLocker. Enjoy :)

Including the following themes (and much more):

preview_lockscreen_0.jpg
preview_lockscreen_1.jpg

Last edited:

darkshadow1997

Dec 22, 2011
karachi
hey fuss132
this is so cool.will wait for the release.but i have four questions
1.what is BLN?
2.Will flashlight toggle work or not because in most customs roms flashlight toggle doesnt work.
3.will this support arabic/farsi/urdu?
4.when you said removed useless apps does that mean you removed samsung apps?

Last edited:
F

fuss132

hey fuss132
this is so cool.so this is miui,never really used one.but i have two questions
1.what is BLN
2.Will flashlight toggle work or not because in most customs roms flashlight toggle doesnt work.

1) Backlight Notification Mod.. your buttonlight will be like a notification light (ask google for more information). Recuires a kernel that supports it and I'm working on one

2) Youre right not working I will fix this

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

GoZoU1

Mar 31, 2012
I'd love to see Beats Audio or Bravia Engine and Xloud.

Which ROM-Version is it based on?

F

fuss132

Id like to see the popup play :Dlike the s3 ....i see some app do it in the playmarket

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

You mean that thing that you can play a video and minimize it to a small sized screen and do some other things with your phone while whatching?

samyam2002000

Dec 29, 2011
kathmandu
Beats audio and xloud do not go along with eachother. Use them separately please......
Use them tother and ur speaker might be damaged. Better port beats. Not xloud...

12play

Mar 5, 2012
Mannheim
Hi,
Looks good so far. Will test it. When Download links are available :D

One Question: former Aroma Installer deleted also Synchronisation function of my phone :D Does your Rom still include sync app ?? because my contacts are always on google.

Oh and one idea/suggestion. Are agressivex and abyssplug governors included?

Last edited:

vaporise8t

Mar 24, 2012
Thank you.. Looks good,ill test it once download links are provided.

@12play: governors are included by the kernel, in case of streetware, yes they are present.

Sent from my GT-I9100G

y2kkingboy

Feb 16, 2012
Milwaukee
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
hey fuss132
this is so cool.will wait for the release.but i have four questions
1.what is BLN?
3.will this support arabic/farsi/urdu?
4.when you said removed useless apps does that mean you removed samsung apps?

1) Backlight Notification Mod.. your buttonlight will be like a notification light (ask google for more information). Recuires a kernel that supports it and I'm working on one

2) Youre right not working I will fix this

I really would like you to answer question 3.

As for suggestions, maybe you can implement a call record option.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks - and Ideas :)

Hey there fuss , first of all , thanks for everything. Its a really great rom , really smooth as well , and I like the integration of the mi locker.

I'd like to suggest a few improvements as well.
    Well, firstly, I don't really like the "loose" feeling that I get when I scroll in the home screen, it makes me feel like its the go launcher , and when the scroll comes to an end after like a small bounce , I sometimes find it slightly laggy. I kinda prefer the stock scroller , without the bounce...

Then, sometimes when I press the lock button and then press it for a second time to unlock the phone , the lockscreen doesn't appear. This happens especially when I do it quickly , I'm not sure if this is a feature of yours or a bug.

thirdly , the flashlight button on the quickbar doesnt work. And it doesnt work on any other rom I've tried so far as well. And from what I read you've started working on that right ?

ermmm , another thing is that what about the icon pack ? Can you like integrate the ics icon pack or do we have an option to do that ourselves ? I do know at the aroma installer there is an option for ics but I haven't tried that. As of now , I think that the icons are abit too flashy and bright...
    ermmm , I also tried the "themes" from the menu and it the icons pack didn't seem to load. Idk if it is a problem with me only or others face smth similar as well...

I love the music player on this as well ! Great job with that and I've yet to encounter any problems on it ! :D

and I sometimes find that my stock android keyboard lags. Could you like integrate a better keyboard ? I don't really have any suggestions cause I always use this.

all in all , thanks loads ! :D and I hope that you will continue to develop for us...
    other suggestions

hey fuss, I've got a few more suggestions and improvements.

firstly , I don't know why my screen seems really enlarged and its really annoying cause it makes me feel like I'm using a galaxy ace or smth... I really don't like it... I'll take a screenshot to show you what I mean. I'm not sure if anyone else faces a similar problem to mine...

ermm then , could you also integrate an alarm clock ? cause I was pretty alarmed when I found out there wasn't one although I did download one from the market which I found to be rather irritating cause it was "overkill" if you know what I mean...

and another bug which I came across was that the brightness level of the phone varies a lot even though the level of darkness of the room doesn't change. I was in a dark room and the brightness often was the brightest... I also discovered that whenever I exit an app , the brightness goes haywire again. I really hope you can fix this as well :)

another this I found out is that when ever I clear ram in task manager , and I click back , the phone like doesnt go to the home screen , it seems as if it has lost the home screen until I press the home button , only then the home screen will appear , slowly after all the widgets and icons appear...

moving on, can I use the icon changer in the root toolbox ? I mean like to customise my icons ? I dont wanna screw anything up... haha

thanks fuss ! and hope to see more improvements for the rom !
    How to install this ROM ?

make sure you are rooted first

turn off phone and go to CWM recovery mode ( hold Home + Volume up while pressing On/Off button)

choose install zip from sdcard and point to prometheus zip file.

it will start up aroma installer ( just press next here )

after done .. while in recovery mode choose Wipe Data/ Factory Reset

reboot and enjoy ;)

NOTE : make sure to backup your app first using Titanium Backup if you don't want to lose your high score LOL
    For those who want swipe to remove notifications and more for prometheus rom see my thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25152774;)