Help installing TWRP 2.7 on new G2 with 12B

Search This thread

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
I have downloaded a TWRP 2.7 flashable zip. The official instructions on the TWRP site talk about using a .img file, but they don't have a 2.7 img for vs980.

Many threads mention some images are Lokified, others are not, I'm not sure how to install.

This is a new G2 with 12B that I'm going to root with IORoot 25, how can I get TWRP installed on it as well, preferably in same adb session?

Thanks

xemnas18

Jan 24, 2014
Can someone please help?
If you just want the easiest method, do this:

Extract twrp.lok from this thread. (first download twrp.zip...the .lok file is in there) Rename the extension to img. Flash that with flashify. Then flash this in recovery. You should now be on twrp 2.7 loki'd for 12b. :good:

Credit for that procedure goes to JRJ442...i just explained his steps from here.

Reactions: JRJ442 and dr_w

gbeardmore

Mar 15, 2011
Stoughton, WI
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Extract twrp.lok from this thread. (first download twrp.zip...the .lok file is in there) Rename the extension to img. Flash that with flashify. Then flash this in recovery. You should now be on twrp 2.7 loki'd for 12b. :good:

Credit for that procedure goes to JRJ442...i just explained his steps from here.

+1 This works perfectly.

glhelinski

Oct 11, 2010
Flint MI
OnePlus 8 Pro

Will this method work if I already have TWRP 2.6.3.3? My goal is: get to TWRP 2.7 but tried to go into TWRP and flash the "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-vs980.zip", it tells me I can't because it can't find "/tmp/loki.sh" (couldn't capture exact message). Currently I'm on 12B.
thanks

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
Will this method work if I already have TWRP 2.6.3.3? My goal is: get to TWRP 2.7 but tried to go into TWRP and flash the "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-vs980.zip", it tells me I can't because it can't find "/tmp/loki.sh" (couldn't capture exact message). Currently I'm on 12B.
thanks

Yeah the official that you tried doesn't have the correct Loki patch for 12B. Thats why it throws that message. All the ones I made for VS980 are patched to work on 11A or 12B. Just click on "This" a few posts up. That goes to my Dropbox. The zip is Stock-TWRP2.7-VS980. Just flash in recovery, then reboot recovery and it'll be 2.7
Or if you have Flashify you can download and install 2.7 through that.

Last edited:
Reactions: glhelinski

glhelinski

Oct 11, 2010
Flint MI
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yeah the official that you tried doesn't have the correct Loki patch for 12B. Thats why it throws that message. All the ones I made for VS980 are patched to work on 11A or 12B. Just click on "This" a few posts up. That goes to my Dropbox. The zip is Stock-TWRP2.7-VS980. Just flash in recovery, then reboot recovery and it'll be 2.7

thanks. worked as expected.

Reactions: JRJ442

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone please help?

thanks

thanks. worked as expected.