Carbon Fiber Nexus

Search This thread

My_Name_Is_Neo

Oct 20, 2008
So i got this idea from one guy who put the 3M carbon fiber skin on EVO, But the problem was the curvy shape of my beloved Nexus. So I tried a few things and wasted some Vinyl :) but finally i bought Best skins ever skin for $8 and used it as a stencil and cut out the vinyl with my xacto. here are the pics. I liked it a lot so i thought i'll share with you guys.

Reactions: athoz

typ_ex

Aug 17, 2009
Norman, OK
i dont think its any more ricing up than putting on a case. isn't ricing up to give it some sort of performance enhancement that doesn't really enhance anything?

My_Name_Is_Neo

Oct 20, 2008
Well I know why some of you don't like it. as my wife does not like it too she also has a nexus and she likes the feel of 'naked phone' if i may say :).
My only problem with cases is that if i use them then my desk-dock becomes useless. plus i dont like always to be super careful about keeping my phone anywhere and scratch it.

methodz

Nov 25, 2008
you know what, it looks pretty good but the only problem is the weave is too large. maybe get a smaller weave vinyl.

care to share the stencil?

suhantt

Jul 25, 2010
Well I know why some of you don't like it. as my wife does not like it too she also has a nexus and she likes the feel of 'naked phone' if i may say :).
My only problem with cases is that if i use them then my desk-dock becomes useless. plus i dont like always to be super careful about keeping my phone anywhere and scratch it.

Sell me your desk dock.. Please please please please!!

maxpower097

Dec 30, 2007
FYI you guys can get overstock Carbon fiber sheets and m3 adhesive strips like used above from a guy named racingjeff on ebay. What this stuff is microthin carbonfiber with m3 adhesive on the back. They use it to make the CF dash boards in teh bling bling honda's you see on the road. I've deal with Jeff for years buying real overstock 3mm CF sheets. Guys a really good guy.

squire366

Jan 8, 2009
Personally I don't think it looks bad at all. I wouldn't do an entire phone in carbon fiber but it looks nice enough to me.

I'm going to cover my HD2 battery door using the same carbon fiber sheet. I'm also considering buying a couple of battery doors from ebay and experiment a little. I want to polish one battery door to a "mirrior finish" and I want to try painting one using Krylon just to see how it will come out.

I've painted all sorts of crap like Blackberry housings, golf clubs, furniture and I have the technique and prep work down to a science so we'll see how it goes and I'll make sure to post pics when complete.

I applaud dude for having the balls to experiment!

Rosco911

Jan 31, 2009
Is there a ay you help me out, on how to make the vinyl go so nicely around the corners? specially on the curvy parts... ive tried b4 with other vinals, and i cant get it to go nice on the curves, i always get extra stuff :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So i got this idea from one guy who put the 3M carbon fiber skin on EVO, But the problem was the curvy shape of my beloved Nexus. So I tried a few things and wasted some Vinyl :) but finally i bought Best skins ever skin for $8 and used it as a stencil and cut out the vinyl with my xacto. here are the pics. I liked it a lot so i thought i'll share with you guys.