[RECOVERY] CWM D802/F320(K/L/S)/ATT/VZW [v6.0.4.4][CACHE][LOKI][OTG][ZIP][CN/EN]

Search This thread

Heatshiver

Dec 29, 2010
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY NEGATIVE IMPACTS OR CONSEQUENCES ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU SO CHOOSE TO USE THIS GUIDE.

PREREQUESITES
1) You must be rooted.
2) Download one of the following for your variant:
  • ENGLISH SEMI-TOUCH - for D802 Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, for the F320K Recovery (6.0.4.4) here for the F320L Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, or the F320S Recovery (6.0.4.4) here.
  • CHINESE SEMI-TOUCH - for D802 Recovery (6.0.3.9) here and (6.0.4.4) here, for the F320K Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, the F320L Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, or the F320S Recovery (6.0.4.4) here.
  • OFFICIAL NON-TOUCH - for D802 CWM Recovery here, or the D800 (ATT) CWM Recovery here, or the vs980 (VZW) CWM Recovery here.
  • OFFICIAL TOUCH - for D802 CWM Recovery here, or the D800 (ATT) CWM Recovery here, or the vs980 (VZW) CWM Recovery here.
  • ZIP FILES - OFFICIAL - TOUCH: D802, ATT, VZW
  • ZIP FILES - OFFICIAL - NON-TOUCH: D802, ATT, VZW
  • ZIP FILES - UNOFFICIAL: D802, F320K, F320L, F320S
NOTE I: The official versions all have loki support enabled (and can be disabled if wanted :confused:).
NOTE II: The unofficial versions do not have the wipe cache bug but do haveUSB-OTG capabilities!

CHINESE MENU TRANSLATION
1) Reboot System
2) Install from ZIP
3) Wipe Data
4) Wipe Cache
5) Backup & Restore
6) Mounts & Storage
7) Power Off
NOTE: The bottom of any submenu always has a right arrow < to go back to the previous menu.

INSTALLATION (Recommended)
1) Make a folder for the CWM Recovery.
2) Extract the contents of the file you downloaded earlier to the folder you just created.
3) Ensure the you have Developer Options enabled.
4) If you already have Debugging Mode enabled turn it off, then back on.
5) Connect your phone and ensure that the RSA Fingerprint message appears, and that you accept.
NOTE: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP! If you do not get this message and try to continue, you will not be able to install CWM recovery!
6) Open the CWM Recovery folder and double-click the file ends in "...recovery.bat".
7) A command prompt will appear and will go through a process flashing recovery to your phone.
8) Wait a minute and the process should conclude. Press any key to make the prompt disappear.
9) This will cause your phone to reboot into the CWM Recovery!

SPECIAL NOTE: The RSA Fingerprint message can be hard to get at times. After I rooted, it was extremely difficult to make appear. If it helps anyone, I would connect my phone to to the PC, run "...recovery.bat". The command prompt would state it was starting the daemon and then would go no further. If I checked my phone (before disconnecting from the PC) the RSA Fingerprint message would be displayed. If you have checked to always allow your computer, then you will not get the RSA Fingerprint message, but the procedure should still work. This is also true of the official CWM recovery installation.

ALTERNATE INSTALL METHOD (No RSA Fingerprint message)
1) Get a terminal emulator.
2) Get a file explorer (like Root Explorer).
3) Get a RAR app for android.
NOTE: The RAR app is not needed if you are using your desktop PC (and you have 7zip or WinRAR or equivalent) and you move the files to your SD card.
3) Extract the contents of the file you downloaded and put the "g2_security" and "recovery.lok" files here: /sdcard/
4) Open the terminal emulator and type "su" then hit the enter button. (If this doesn't work, then you are not rooted).
5) Then type:
Code:
"dd if=/sdcard/recovery.lok of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery"
6) Then type:
Code:
"rm /sdcard/g2_security"
7) Reboot your phone and enter CWM!

HOW TO ENTER RECOVERY
Method 1: Hold the power button + volume down button until the LG image appears. Once it does let go of the buttons then immediately push and hold them again until recovery boots.
NOTE: The method above will arrive at the "hard reset" area, but when choosing hard reset, it will take you to CWM (without actually resetting).
Method 2: Download the free app "Rebooter" from Google Play. If you have root, you will be able to select to reboot into recovery (among other options).

Credit: Credit goes to Chenglu (xiaolu) and djrbliss who made all recoveries for this phone possible.

WIPE CACHE FIX - UNOFFICAL (RECOMMENDED)
If you flash the unofficial CWM version, the cache wipe will take only 1-2 seconds!!!

WIPE CACHE FIX - OFFICAL
The data wipe is incredibly fast, but the cache wipe is incredibly slow. This fix won't match the speeds of TWRP's fix, but it will greatly speed up the process. This should only be done when switching to another ROM.

1) Boot into CWM.
2) Click on "mounts and storage".
3) Click on "format /system".
4) Click "Yes - Format".

Now when you perform a Factory Reset it should only take about 1-3 minutes (stock ROMs seem to take longer) instead of 5-10 minutes.
NOTE I: It may be optimal to re-perform this method after so many ROM changes, or after restoring to a stock ROM. I do not have enough evidence to support this.
NOTE II: I tested this method using the same custom ROM. Because there was no cache build-up from being a new ROM, I also tested this after restoring a backup of my stock ROM (that had a massive amount of apps and cache build-up).

USB-OTG
A USB-OTG device will be recognized as an external USB device while in the Android OS. However, when in CWM recovery, the
"mount USB storage" in "mounts and storage" does not work. Instead, use "mount/ external-sd". This only works on the unofficial versions.

MISC.
There is an "issue" with the date and time (1970). You can manually change a Backup folder name by connecting to the PC or using a file explorer.

SUPPORT
Please check previous posts to see if your question has been answered prior to posting (there is a good chance it has).
  • Please always include with whether you are rooted or not.
  • Please always include the variant you are using.
  • Please always include the method you used.
  • Please always explain what happened in as much detail as possible.
  • Anything else that may be relevant.
Otherwise, you might have to wait for others to help you...

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 20,896
  • 0123524nlv7uir1336gbxr.png.thumb.jpg.jpg
    0123524nlv7uir1336gbxr.png.thumb.jpg.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 19,340
  • 012701yh8bkdoxytmtwwze.jpg.thumb.jpg
    012701yh8bkdoxytmtwwze.jpg.thumb.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 17,231
Last edited:

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
testing

backup and restore work very well.:)
anyone who can enter to cwm via press key?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

How to enter to this recovery via press physical key?

I am try to hold power + vol down
but it does not go to cwm.

it' go to white screen hardreset.

Last edited:

chakra

Apr 9, 2005
testing

backup and restore work very well.:)
anyone who can enter to cwm via press key?

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

How to enter to this recovery via press physical key?

I am try to hold power + vol down
but it does not go to cwm.

it' go to white screen hardreset.

Yes thats the way, just choose hard reset and it should take you to CWM and not reset.

Reactions: MasK

Heatshiver

Dec 29, 2010
Dees_Troy and I just finished successfully testing his method for the D802. I am not sure when he will post the files, but I bet it will be by today.

So, people now have 4 choices for recovery: A Chinese or English CWM, or TWRP with 2 different install methods.

raber111

Aug 25, 2013
Sorry for maybe dumb question: if i install this recovery on my d802 can i use my stock rooted rom ? Because i had lg g pro before and after flashing custom recovery it was stuck on bootlop lg security error and i could use only custom roms

Отправлено из моего LG-D802 с помощью Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY NEGATIVE IMPACTS OR CONSEQUENCES ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU SO CHOOSE TO USE THIS GUIDE.

PREREQUESITES
    1) You must be rooted.
    2) Download one of the following for your variant:
    • ENGLISH SEMI-TOUCH - for D802 Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, for the F320K Recovery (6.0.4.4) here for the F320L Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, or the F320S Recovery (6.0.4.4) here.
    • CHINESE SEMI-TOUCH - for D802 Recovery (6.0.3.9) here and (6.0.4.4) here, for the F320K Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, the F320L Recovery (6.0.4.4) here, or the F320S Recovery (6.0.4.4) here.
    • OFFICIAL NON-TOUCH - for D802 CWM Recovery here, or the D800 (ATT) CWM Recovery here, or the vs980 (VZW) CWM Recovery here.
    • OFFICIAL TOUCH - for D802 CWM Recovery here, or the D800 (ATT) CWM Recovery here, or the vs980 (VZW) CWM Recovery here.
    • ZIP FILES - OFFICIAL - TOUCH: D802, ATT, VZW
    • ZIP FILES - OFFICIAL - NON-TOUCH: D802, ATT, VZW
    • ZIP FILES - UNOFFICIAL: D802, F320K, F320L, F320S
    NOTE I: The official versions all have loki support enabled (and can be disabled if wanted :confused:).
    NOTE II: The unofficial versions do not have the wipe cache bug but do haveUSB-OTG capabilities!

CHINESE MENU TRANSLATION
    1) Reboot System
    2) Install from ZIP
    3) Wipe Data
    4) Wipe Cache
    5) Backup & Restore
    6) Mounts & Storage
    7) Power Off
    NOTE: The bottom of any submenu always has a right arrow < to go back to the previous menu.

INSTALLATION (Recommended)
    1) Make a folder for the CWM Recovery.
    2) Extract the contents of the file you downloaded earlier to the folder you just created.
    3) Ensure the you have Developer Options enabled.
    4) If you already have Debugging Mode enabled turn it off, then back on.
    5) Connect your phone and ensure that the RSA Fingerprint message appears, and that you accept.
    NOTE: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP! If you do not get this message and try to continue, you will not be able to install CWM recovery!
    6) Open the CWM Recovery folder and double-click the file ends in "...recovery.bat".
    7) A command prompt will appear and will go through a process flashing recovery to your phone.
    8) Wait a minute and the process should conclude. Press any key to make the prompt disappear.
    9) This will cause your phone to reboot into the CWM Recovery!

SPECIAL NOTE: The RSA Fingerprint message can be hard to get at times. After I rooted, it was extremely difficult to make appear. If it helps anyone, I would connect my phone to to the PC, run "...recovery.bat". The command prompt would state it was starting the daemon and then would go no further. If I checked my phone (before disconnecting from the PC) the RSA Fingerprint message would be displayed. If you have checked to always allow your computer, then you will not get the RSA Fingerprint message, but the procedure should still work. This is also true of the official CWM recovery installation.

ALTERNATE INSTALL METHOD (No RSA Fingerprint message)
    1) Get a terminal emulator.
    2) Get a file explorer (like Root Explorer).
    3) Get a RAR app for android.
    NOTE: The RAR app is not needed if you are using your desktop PC (and you have 7zip or WinRAR or equivalent) and you move the files to your SD card.
    3) Extract the contents of the file you downloaded and put the "g2_security" and "recovery.lok" files here: /sdcard/
    4) Open the terminal emulator and type "su" then hit the enter button. (If this doesn't work, then you are not rooted).
    5) Then type:
    Code:
    "dd if=/sdcard/recovery.lok of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery"
    6) Then type:
    Code:
    "rm /sdcard/g2_security"
    7) Reboot your phone and enter CWM!

HOW TO ENTER RECOVERY
    Method 1: Hold the power button + volume down button until the LG image appears. Once it does let go of the buttons then immediately push and hold them again until recovery boots.
    NOTE: The method above will arrive at the "hard reset" area, but when choosing hard reset, it will take you to CWM (without actually resetting).
    Method 2: Download the free app "Rebooter" from Google Play. If you have root, you will be able to select to reboot into recovery (among other options).

Credit: Credit goes to Chenglu (xiaolu) and djrbliss who made all recoveries for this phone possible.

WIPE CACHE FIX - UNOFFICAL (RECOMMENDED)
    If you flash the unofficial CWM version, the cache wipe will take only 1-2 seconds!!!

WIPE CACHE FIX - OFFICAL
    The data wipe is incredibly fast, but the cache wipe is incredibly slow. This fix won't match the speeds of TWRP's fix, but it will greatly speed up the process. This should only be done when switching to another ROM.

1) Boot into CWM.
    2) Click on "mounts and storage".
    3) Click on "format /system".
    4) Click "Yes - Format".

Now when you perform a Factory Reset it should only take about 1-3 minutes (stock ROMs seem to take longer) instead of 5-10 minutes.
    NOTE I: It may be optimal to re-perform this method after so many ROM changes, or after restoring to a stock ROM. I do not have enough evidence to support this.
    NOTE II: I tested this method using the same custom ROM. Because there was no cache build-up from being a new ROM, I also tested this after restoring a backup of my stock ROM (that had a massive amount of apps and cache build-up).

USB-OTG
    A USB-OTG device will be recognized as an external USB device while in the Android OS. However, when in CWM recovery, the
    "mount USB storage" in "mounts and storage" does not work. Instead, use "mount/ external-sd". This only works on the unofficial versions.

MISC.
    There is an "issue" with the date and time (1970). You can manually change a Backup folder name by connecting to the PC or using a file explorer.

SUPPORT
    Please check previous posts to see if your question has been answered prior to posting (there is a good chance it has).
    • Please always include with whether you are rooted or not.
    • Please always include the variant you are using.
    • Please always include the method you used.
    • Please always explain what happened in as much detail as possible.
    • Anything else that may be relevant.
    Otherwise, you might have to wait for others to help you...
    @citronbitare - As requested, the D802 unofficial is now a ZIP!
    @Uqbar - The unofficial versions are semi-touch, you can scroll by touch and use the soft keys. The official versions come in non-touch or touch.

BIG NEWS: The unofficial versions not only DO NOT HAVE WIPE CACHE BUG, but they also have USB-OTG SUPPORT!
    God bless Chinese !
    I will wait for the real recovery :D
    What's wrong with TWRP it's Amurican?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app