Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

Search This thread

bbf

Apr 29, 2006
when the browser loads immediately tap the X or bookmarks icon on the end of address bar....now press call button and in settings change home page to just ''google.com''.
next time browser should work perfectly as it works on mine,....
for flash plugin download flash 10.3 from market...

Wow! Thanks, that worked... it's quite strange that loading up google with some incompatible parameters can actually crash the browser!

pizzaboy192

Sep 15, 2010
Plymouth, MN, USA

mulin1

Jul 27, 2008
LG Fathom GSM support

I would be interested in working with you to get the GSM working on the Fathom. I currently use Iwireless (T-Mobile).
Thanks for your hard work on this project.

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
I would be interested in working with you to get the GSM working on the Fathom. I currently use Iwireless (T-Mobile).
Thanks for your hard work on this project.

I think we should use lu2300 android image. Search for lu2300 source and try to compile
or someone who has lu2300 can dump system.img for us.

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
This is bad thing. See LU2300 service manual: lu2300 hardware (audio subsystem, PM, camera and sensor) is other, than in our vs750. We can pick only ril libs from lu2300 dump, not more.

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
This is bad thing. See LU2300 service manual: lu2300 hardware (audio subsystem, PM, camera and sensor) is other, than in our vs750. We can pick only ril libs from lu2300 dump, not more.

why bad ??? the only thing which is not working is GSM and we need rild that is implemented using RPC so we can use system image of LU2300.

Last edited:

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
why bad ??? the only thing which is not working is GSM and we need rild that is implemented using RPC so we can use system image of LU2300.
I have found kdz firmware (analogue of our ".cab" firmware) for lu2300. now I'm trying to unpack it.
Unfortunately kdz file contains wdb. There is no any path to extract it :(

UPD:
LG Aloha (LU2300) proprietary parts here (including libril, rild, and omx codecs)

Last edited:

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
ajeet17181, please, share kernel sources! i'm going to build cyanogenmod for us ...

CMod That will be great. I think you should work on 2.6.35 kernel available on OpenEtna project that may be helpful in solving GSM issues.

Anyway, I don't have enough time to upload my source on Git. I will upload tar.gz and provide link in first post. Later If you like you can add the source in git.

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
ramdisk

ajeet17181, Can you help me with ramdisk? i attached ramdisk, on which i working now. there is one problem - telephone reboots :( android init not start, but system+data images mounts very well. can you fix this problem? i don't know how to fix it :(

/bin - busybox, e2fsck, dosfsck binaries, symlinks for busybox (such as sh, grep, etc ...), MAKEDEVS script (creates needed devices in /dev, for mounting sdcard and system+data from it).
/cpf - cyanogenmod ramdisk files, i builded it from source.
init - init script

in init script:
0) create tmpfs in /newroot
1) mount sdcard
2) makedir /newroot/data, find data.img, run fsck on it, mount it to /newroot/data
3) makedir /newroot/system, find system.img, run fsck on it, mount it to /newroot/system
4) create tmpfs in /newroot/dev, copy /dev/* to /newroot/dev
5) copy "cpf" directory contents to /newroot
6) switch root to /newroot and run /init from "/newroot"

steps 0-5 works very well (see file 12.txt on sdcard after boot with this ramdisk, this is "debug"), but point 6 is not working - device reboots :(

Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/T2RKQSVK56
In archive: compiled initrd and its sources (dir ss-ramdisk)

P.S Sorry for my very very very bad english.
P.P.S with your ramdisk and initrd, cyanogenmod works (now 3d\2d works, wifi scans access points, but cannot connect(i fix it tomorrow), lights), but this is bad solution, because it has many bugs (with permissions in /data and etc).
P.P.P.S if you interested in cm7 - i can upload my image

velvet_man

Nov 12, 2010
Hyrule
I installed the 2.3.5 image to an SD card and successfully booted into Android on my LG IQ (GW825). However, I can't get passed the Google account sign in because the on screen keyboard calibration is off and the hardware keyboard doesn't work.

The hardware keyboard is acting oddly because many keys don't do anything. Some keys will work, but they produce a different character than they should.

The on screen keyboard works fine for anything in the middle of the screen, but as you move out to the left or right, it gets more and more off track. For example, it's impossible for me to type any of the letters on the outside edges of the keyboard. Even if I touch my screen at the very edge of the screen, it still produces an 'S' instead of an 'A'. This makes it impossible for me to log in, so this is as far as I've been able to get in Android so far.

The way the on screen keyboard behaves appears as if the OS thinks my screen is much larger than it actually is. This makes sense because it says "Welcome to Nexus One" when it first boots, and the Nexus One had a 3.7" screen and the IQ has a 3.2" screen. Is there any way to tell the OS what size the screen is?

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
I installed the 2.3.5 image to an SD card and successfully booted into Android on my LG IQ (GW825). However, I can't get passed the Google account sign in because the on screen keyboard calibration is off and the hardware keyboard doesn't work.

The hardware keyboard is acting oddly because many keys don't do anything. Some keys will work, but they produce a different character than they should.

The on screen keyboard works fine for anything in the middle of the screen, but as you move out to the left or right, it gets more and more off track. For example, it's impossible for me to type any of the letters on the outside edges of the keyboard. Even if I touch my screen at the very edge of the screen, it still produces an 'S' instead of an 'A'. This makes it impossible for me to log in, so this is as far as I've been able to get in Android so far.

The way the on screen keyboard behaves appears as if the OS thinks my screen is much larger than it actually is. This makes sense because it says "Welcome to Nexus One" when it first boots, and the Nexus One had a 3.7" screen and the IQ has a 3.2" screen. Is there any way to tell the OS what size the screen is?

for keyboard if adb is running on expo what you can do press keys on your device and see dmesg output , in that output you will see row ,column and key value of fathom, send me that row column value and desire key (what you actually want) then i will prepare a new kernel for you. In same kernel i will give you touchscreen dmesg output functionality so then we will know what value we have to change.

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
for keyboard if adb is running on expo what you can do press keys on your device and see dmesg output , in that output you will see row ,column and key value of fathom, send me that row column value and desire key (what you actually want) then i will prepare a new kernel for you. In same kernel i will give you touchscreen dmesg output functionality so then we will know what value we have to change.

i fixed my problems with ramdisk. Tomorrow i will upload a latest cyanogenmod 7.

WHAT WORKS?
- 3D
- Keypad: need to fix a powerbutton in a kernel, need to fix keyboard layout in a kernel (camera focus button, taskmanager button, XT9 button, Sym button)
- Wifi scans access points, but can not connect to they: little problem with DHCP (i resolving this now).
- Bluetooth
- Audio (not fully)
- USB Debug (usb storage dont work now)

ajeet17181, can fix powerbutton and kb layout in kernel? for powerbutton you can see new commits in tsunagi gitorious.

Original post in russian:
я решил проблемы с ramdisk. Завтра я загружу свежий cyanogenmod 7.

Что работает?
- 3D
- Клавиатура: необходимо исправить кнопку питания и изменить layout клавиатуры (кнопка фокуса камеры, кнопка диспетчера задач, кнопка XT9, Sym кнопка) в ядре
- Wifi: сканирует точки доступа, но не может к ним подключиться: небольшая проблема с DHCP (я сейчас работают над этим)
- Bluetooth
- Audio (не полностью)
- USB Debug (usb подключение не работает)

ajeet17181, ты можешь исправить кнопку питания и layout клавиатуры в ядре? для кнопки питания ты можешь посмотреть коммиты в gitorious tsunagi

Last edited:

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
i fixed my problems with ramdisk. Tomorrow i will upload a latest cyanogenmod 7.

WHAT WORKS?
- 3D
- Keypad: need to fix a powerbutton in a kernel, need to fix keyboard layout in a kernel (camera focus button, taskmanager button, XT9 button, Sym button)
- Wifi scans access points, but can not connect to they: little problem with DHCP (i resolving this now).
- Bluetooth
- Audio (not fully)
- USB Debug (usb storage dont work now)

ajeet17181, can fix powerbutton and kb layout in kernel? for powerbutton you can see new commits in tsunagi gitorious.

Original post in russian:
я решил проблемы с ramdisk. Завтра я загружу свежий cyanogenmod 7.

Что работает?
- 3D
- Клавиатура: необходимо исправить кнопку питания и изменить layout клавиатуры (кнопка фокуса камеры, кнопка диспетчера задач, кнопка XT9, Sym кнопка) в ядре
- Wifi: сканирует точки доступа, но не может к ним подключиться: небольшая проблема с DHCP (я сейчас работают над этим)
- Bluetooth
- Audio (не полностью)
- USB Debug (usb подключение не работает)

ajeet17181, ты можешь исправить кнопку питания и layout клавиатуры в ядре? для кнопки питания ты можешь посмотреть коммиты в gitorious tsunagi

keyboard layout fix will go in qwerty.kcm.bin and that is in software side not in kernel

for reference http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=458473

you have to replace fn values in the qwerty.kcm file

Power button fix will go in kernel side but i dont have any reference where pmic7540 power button is used maybe we have to see xperia x8 kernel code for that. In TG01 power button is GPIO but in Fathom Power button is controlled by KPD_PWR_N of PMIC7540

Last edited:

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
That i will fix but for fn keys like . ? , if you modify qwery.kcm that will be great
i will modify this file, of course. i would like create a stable and usable cm7 image for us, because Windows Mobile is not good OS :)

And what about of display? Picture from screen is cropped by ~2-3mm from right. and from left i see displacement of the picture.

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
i will modify this file, of course. i would like create a stable and usable cm7 image for us, because Windows Mobile is not good OS :)

And what about of display? Picture from screen is cropped by ~2-3mm from right. and from left i see displacement of the picture.

Yes board-tsunagi-panel.c file need some modification. I have taken all panel related settings from registry even though this problem occurs. I will try to fix it.

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
Yes board-tsunagi-panel.c file need some modification. I have taken all panel related settings from registry even though this problem occurs. I will try to fix it.

GOOD NEWS:
1) i fixed wifi :) it is working now stable.
2) sd card mounting to computer works with "Multi Mount SD-Card". I know where is problem. I fix it in later

Questions:
1) How can i get all keycodes of qwerty buttons?
2) Can you say me, what sensors our board uses? Are they have support of kernel?
3) Please, change nvram path in kernel config to "/etc/wifi/nvram.txt" in future builds.

My pre-alpha build: link

Cyanogenmod 7.1.0.1

Issues in this build:
1. audio is not working (i fix it later, with sdcard "problem")
2. bluetooth dont send files (but receive good).
3. there are no livewallpapers (later.)
4. lights are not working, need to slightly.
5. nvram should be in /sdcard/nvram.txt

First boot is long, because ramdisk creates cache and data partitions. You can specify data_size and cache_size in startup.txt.
There is no "HTC" Logo in ramdisk.

Last edited:
Reactions: anilct

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Source code

http://www.multiupload.com/4ECGKXPYJW

[Steps]
    Extract above tar.gz in / and then
    Download CodeSourcy Compiler from here
    https://sourcery.mentor.com/sgpp/li...rm-none-eabi/arm-2011.03-42-arm-none-eabi.bin
    Install above C compiler then issue following command in source directory extracted above

make ARCH=arm tsunagi_defconfig
    make -j16 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/arm-2011.03/bin/arm-none-eabi- zImage

When this steps complete you will get zImage in arch/arm/boot folder

New Image Android 2.2.1 with Audio , WiFi + AP mode , Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/HFZUWFNX0I

Just extract above file to \Storage Card and go to \Stroage Card\2.2 click on CLRCAD (4-5 times) and then click on Haret

(In this version there is no need to copy nvram.txt to \Storage Card)

New Image Android 2.3.5 with WIFI and Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/QUT30LPS8K

extract to SD card and then go to \Storage card\fathom
    Click on clrcad 4-5 times and then click on haret

For wifi it is must to copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card
    if it is difficult to copy from windows folder use attached one

[Note : In this version i have disabled fb console so you will not see any text while booting so wait at least wait 5 min if none appears do soft reboot and then retry]

I have worked on Toshiba kernel and ported that kernel for LG fathom.

As of Now following Works
    GSM (Partially)
    Battery
    TouchScreen
    3D
    Audio (only through front speaker)
    Keypad (Need some work with Fn key)
    Battery
    USB (start haret while usb connected)
    USB Mass Storage and ADB
    wifi

Not working
    Bluetooth
    Vibrator

Issue( Solved now)
    1) Screen will flicker when USB cable was removed. workaround is to set any live wallpaper.

How to run

extract files on Storage card
    goto /Storage Card/tg01
    click 4-5 times on clrcad
    and then run haret-pre-0.5.3-20100625_144828-QSD8250-ONLY.exe

http://www.multiupload.com/GK0FCMUVX6

for wifi extract following file and put replace zImage with this one and copy bcm4329.ko to /system/lib/modules also copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card

Link for wifi

http://www.multiupload.com/DOEAA1JXCD
    Froyo

First post updated with 2.2.1 Image and that is very very fast compare to 2.3.5
    Fixed Bluetooth , Audio and WiFi
    Enjoy.
    so some sort of good news from my side is 3g is working fully now and also 3d sensor is working, Yes i am able to play games based on gravity sensor:) .

I am now fixing tethering then i will upload new image mean while keep donating .
    Audio Fix Test zImage

zImage for speakerphone audio pls test and reply

http://www.multiupload.com/MDE938Y9XY

as of now audio working only through speakerphone
    Great Job Ajeet! :)

Guys,

Just want to confirm, i tried running it on eXpo but it just gets stuck at Haret, tried clicking CLRCDR 4-5 & more times but nothing! So, has anyone able to load Android on their eXpo or is it just Fathom?

This is only for fathom and may not work with expo.